Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2349337 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1200 on: July 03, 2015, 09:32:19 PM »
Put it this way, Peace is selling a company that makes £75M+ a year (and rising). You cut some costs, bump the club up a few league positions (we finished 8th with a less expensive squad remember) and your profits will go up too. Selling a company that makes tens of millions per year, with likely even more (let's say £90m a year with new deal) then £170m total for that money making potential isn't bad. Someone stays the length of time Peace has making that kinda money per year you've had a bargain.

I am unsure whether or not it is really a bargain - I suppose that depends on what sort of profit you are expecting personally.

My point however is more that we were clearly not worth 18 million when he pushed the share issue. He knew any sale would be in the hundreds of millions, not the thousands, and he severely short priced those fans who he knew would struggle to find the extra cash at the time of a recession to keep their shares.

That, was a disgraceful stabbing in the back of those fans who helped keep the club going in the 90's. The price in this sale has proved that.
Boing Boing

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1201 on: July 03, 2015, 09:32:26 PM »
At the end of the day i won't change my opinion of him anymore than some of you will change yours. All about opinions.
So to save the mods and admin having to keep trawling through the same old stuff, i will draw a line under it and wait until we have some news regarding takeover or investment.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1202 on: July 03, 2015, 09:37:28 PM »
I don't know if anyones answered my question yet?

Is the budget going to be any better now? Or are we signing baird up again loll

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1203 on: July 03, 2015, 09:40:53 PM »
We aren't going to know that just yet Baggie5. My hunch is no, we wont change our budget just yet. Most owners now will be looking at profit rather than a toy to put money in.

I think the best hope we have is that we end up with a consortium who install a few sensible and innovative businessmen into key roles and we prosper by making good deals like we did under Dan Ashworth, and how Swansea and Southampton are nowadays.
Boing Boing

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1204 on: July 03, 2015, 09:58:03 PM »
I'll put this share issue to bed later - the missus works for an insolvency law firm and has access to company records, share holders and parent companies and will be able to definitely tell you how, where and what is owned by Mr Peace. IF I find evidence of foul play or questionable business practices I will of course report that.
Are you still intending to find out this info and report back?

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1205 on: July 03, 2015, 10:01:07 PM »
Are you still intending to find out this info and report back?
He has only had a week  :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1206 on: July 03, 2015, 10:02:11 PM »
My point however is more that we were clearly not worth 18 million when he pushed the share issue. He knew any sale would be in the hundreds of millions, not the thousands, and he severely short priced those fans who he knew would struggle to find the extra cash at the time of a recession to keep their shares.

That, was a disgraceful stabbing in the back of those fans who helped keep the club going in the 90's. The price in this sale has proved that.
That seems like a fair comment to me. I was one of those who lost my shares because I couldn't afford to buy more of them at that time.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1207 on: July 03, 2015, 10:02:54 PM »
Put it this way, Peace is selling a company that makes £75M+ a year (and rising). You cut some costs, bump the club up a few league positions (we finished 8th with a less expensive squad remember) and your profits will go up too. Selling a company that makes tens of millions per year, with likely even more (let's say £90m a year with new deal) then £170m total for that money making potential isn't bad. Someone stays the length of time Peace has making that kinda money per year you've had a bargain.

Have I missed the maths? 'The Company doesn't make 75m+ a year - however we are solvent within our means. What the club does offer is an incredibly stable platform for a wealthy group to expose their own agendas and prerogatives safe in the knowledge that it is a calculated risk - and funds that can be gambled to some extent. For any hugely wealthy consortium to view us a 'cash cow' is ridiculous however from a business point of view, owning a premier league club could provide a wonderful platform and stigma to a (quite frankly) colossal  business world in the Far East. Just a different view on things lads ! 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:07:43 PM by sconesy »

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1208 on: July 03, 2015, 10:03:42 PM »
Just my opinion mate, am i not entitled to one without nasty personal comments?

General comment, not aimed at any particular poster, just a culmination of negativity and conspiratorial postings, I don't think I made a nasty personal comment ;D

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1209 on: July 03, 2015, 10:33:51 PM »
Just a few things ive come across on twitter...

Exciting reports from China about the proposed takeover at West Bromwich Albion tonight we're syndicating to the nationals for tomorrow.

In brief, reports suggest the takeover by Wei Jianjun could be completed as soon as Friday next week. #

: Jianjun's representatives have been in London since Monday with a view to reaching the exclusivity arrangement announced today.

If reports from China being reported in the nationals tomorrow are correct, Jianjun is expected to aim to forge business relations for his automotive business in the UK and Europe as well as promoting the club in Asia should the takeover be successful.
It is being reported that WBA Holdings had been keen that Jianjun be specifically named in the statement today but complications meant ,The statement remained anonymous in terms of the preferred bidder status, which is what caused a delay of some hours this morning.It must be stressed Jianjun and Great Wall Automotive have not formally gone on the record but a statement could go before the HKSE on Mon. There are unconfirmed reports one of the unsuccessful bids was Jersey-based and fronted by a former #wba player. This remains unconfirmed.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1210 on: July 03, 2015, 10:39:29 PM »
If it is him then it's the 10th richest man in China. Worth about 8b. I sense another Jonathon Liu scenario.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1211 on: July 03, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
Apparently Jp will keep 10% and a exec role for 12 months.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1212 on: July 03, 2015, 10:44:45 PM »
If it is him then it's the 10th richest man in China. Worth about 8b. I sense another Jonathon Liu scenario.

Does that make him worth more than Chelsea's Abramovich?

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1213 on: July 03, 2015, 10:45:50 PM »
Think so.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1214 on: July 03, 2015, 10:48:17 PM »
Isn't Mike Ashley worth £3b?

Means nothing.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1215 on: July 03, 2015, 10:49:57 PM »
Football in China is about to massively take off so I am really excited about this potential takeover. With the rumours of austin, phillips etc I'm guessing that they are willing to back pulis. Also if money is spent before they arrive it won't be from peaces own money it will just be out of the profits so can't see the takeover affecting transfers at all.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1216 on: July 03, 2015, 10:52:50 PM »
It's been put out about on Twitter by a chap called Terry Higham but has only ever had 20 tweets and 85 followers so not sure how much authority he has or if it's a wind up.

IF, and a big IF, it's true and coming out of China then it could really be exciting times !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wei_Jianjun
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1217 on: July 03, 2015, 10:56:38 PM »
I did a reverse image search on google with his twitter profile picture and it brought up this

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/herald-sun-chief-football-writer-mark-robinson-to-join-afl-stars-raising-money-during-movember/story-fni5ezdm-1226758219542

No Terry Hingham from West Midlands working for Caters. But a football writer from Australia called Mark Robinson.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1218 on: July 03, 2015, 10:57:33 PM »
Someone is on the wind up and has decided to use this image to pass it off as credible.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1219 on: July 03, 2015, 11:03:50 PM »
Someone is on the wind up and has decided to use this image to pass it off as credible.

Yep, looks about right unfortunately.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1220 on: July 03, 2015, 11:04:03 PM »
I bet it's too hard to find a solid link with this bilionaire and tlcbet?

If the story about him being involved in our trip to china is true then it's an incredible story.

And John Trewick was wrong about "once you've seen one wall you've seen them all" as my wife and i went to beijing for our honeymoon in1999 and it's quite site and where we went upto it involved an ardious walk rather than a cable car.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1221 on: July 03, 2015, 11:23:51 PM »
Taking it back to where it all began  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCvLrMQHLJ8

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1222 on: July 03, 2015, 11:47:44 PM »
Just the exclusivity at this stage won't think any otherwise until it has gone through.
Always sceptical of these foreign investors I don't want it to go like Birmingham city...

Jeremy peace is a wealthy man but not obscenely wealthy which it seems to take these days in football. However during his tenure the team has improved even if at times we have taken steps backward to go forward. The infastructire is miles better we have a state of the art academy and training facilities. Players are beginning to come through.

Consider that about 20 years ago maybe a little less this club was bleeding money and we had to sell kilbane and enzo just to stay a float says a lot. I understand people's criticisms of peace, but prudently he has progressed us or helped us progress, and deserves great credit because in the football money world he is a small fish but he has helped take us and keep us in the top league as across the board we are a lot healthier for it.

Roll on the new era, if we do have a new owner he will have his work cut out to better the club to the same extent as peace.
O Albion we love you

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1223 on: July 04, 2015, 12:22:30 AM »
The Mirror claiming it is a Chinese investment company.

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1224 on: July 04, 2015, 12:28:56 AM »
IF it is Wei Jianjun this article is an interesting read. Sixth richest man in China and at first glance seems to be a great businessman (don't they all though, huh) so if he is as wise as JP has proven to be with the business side of things but with obviously much deeper pockets it at least looks promising, on paper anyway.  I have very little to complain about when it comes to JP and how he has run the club. All you have to do is look at where we were prior and I don't mean just our league position but the club as a whole. Every owner makes a bad decision now and then they are human after all but we are so much better off in every way since he took over and that can't be denied!! As far as I'm concerned JP earned every ££ he has made as our Owner/Chairman. Maybe I'm easily impressed but to be preparing for our 6th straight season in the most watched and richest league in the world with 3 of those seasons finishing 8th, 10th and 11th, state of art training facilities a top class academy with a £3M annual budget, category 1 status and a recently unveiled £2.5M academy base and all this and more accomplished without any debt. Clubs you can argue with bigger names that are larger or at least our size have been promoted then relegated some relegated again and in some cases are struggling to exist. We're no Man U or Chelsea so I'm perfectly content to play and battle for the 9th to 15th places in the richest, fastest most watched league in the world!! I wasn't planning to go on this long so here is the link to the article I mentioned earlier.

http://m.scmp.com/business/companies/article/1609146/billionaire-profile-wei-jianjun-great-wall-motors