Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2363730 times)

koren

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1150 on: July 03, 2015, 01:57:52 PM »
Is anyone else more worried than excited?
If the new owner is come from China, I would be very worried. 
The PRIDE of midlands

pennington

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1151 on: July 03, 2015, 01:58:42 PM »
I tried a search ......... but what happens to the people who have still shares??

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1152 on: July 03, 2015, 02:01:39 PM »
Where's the 'finally we are getting rid of that evil tyrant Peace we've been banging on about for years' brigade?

Oh silly me, they're all bursting open bottles of Veuve Cliquot and high fiving.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1153 on: July 03, 2015, 02:02:05 PM »
I tried a search ......... but what happens to the people who have still shares??

Its the holding company that Mr. Peace owns 100% that the new owners would take over.  That holding company owns 88% of WBA.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1154 on: July 03, 2015, 02:03:19 PM »
Where's the 'finally we are getting rid of that evil tyrant Peace we've been banging on about for years' brigade?

Oh silly me, they're all bursting open bottles of Veuve Cliquot and high fiving.

Can we cut this stuff out then and stick to the topic instead of aiming petty pathetic comments at others, getting sick of it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1155 on: July 03, 2015, 02:23:35 PM »
Its the holding company that Mr. Peace owns 100% that the new owners would take over.  That holding company owns 88% of WBA.

Whoever buys Peace out has to make the same offer to the other shareholders. If they then own 90% of the company the new owner would then have the right to buy out the the remainder of the shares.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

pennington

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1156 on: July 03, 2015, 02:37:17 PM »
Whoever buys Peace out has to make the same offer to the other shareholders. If they then own 90% of the company the new owner would then have the right to buy out the the remainder of the shares.
Thanks I'll have to try and find it (them?)  ;)

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1157 on: July 03, 2015, 02:42:07 PM »
Is anyone else more worried than excited?

I'm apprehensive as we're heading into the unknown from a stable position. We could have a great new owner, we could have some megalomaniac. Who knows?

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1158 on: July 03, 2015, 03:06:50 PM »
TBH I don't think there would have been a problem if the club had come out at 10.30 and said 'the deals been done and barring any last minute hitches were in the hands of new owners who at this moment in time we cannot name.'[
There wouldn't have been a problem, its all the smoke and mirrors that's rubbed people up the wrong way.
Forget the IT problems or whatever, why couldn't somebody walk into the media centre to assembled journalists and delivered the 12.15pm message at 10.30 am as planned.
Just another amateurish stab at being a big club.

I think they probably want to, but if its anything like deals I've been involved in any communication goes through layers of lawyers (buy and sell side) which somewhat reduces the clarity of the message
Twitter: @floydy1983

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1159 on: July 03, 2015, 03:09:37 PM »
Now it gets interesting, legal eagles, warranties, guarantees etc. In addition using any downside information or risk to help the buyer reduce or amend the buying price- could still go "tits up" if there is intransigence from both parties during this final month 8)

Sounds like you have some experience in these types of things

Noty Bromway

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1160 on: July 03, 2015, 03:24:02 PM »
Poster formally known as slibaggies.

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1161 on: July 03, 2015, 03:25:54 PM »
If it is indeed a consortium, if may well be a group of less rich investors

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1162 on: July 03, 2015, 03:30:21 PM »
From the official WBA web site

***West Bromwich Albion would like to apologies for the delay in the publication of this statement. This was owing to a technical issue beyond the Club's control***
Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/official-statement-update-on-club-ownership-2523973.aspx#LiCe9htJiJZdXi2K.99

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1163 on: July 03, 2015, 03:39:44 PM »
I'm apprehensive as we're heading into the unknown from a stable position. We could have a great new owner, we could have some megalomaniac. Who knows?
Personally, I prefer the new and unknown to the stable and stale. One thing is for sure, it's certainly out of our hands, so no good fretting about it. Think positive matey. 8)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1164 on: July 03, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »
Don't want to add a new level of obsession to proceedings but the Villa forums had a guy who worked at Birmingham airport reporting which private jets had landed there and who they belonged to - got themselves in a right state speculating it. Apparently it's easy to check. See if any Chinese private planes have landed there recently?

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1165 on: July 03, 2015, 04:01:57 PM »
Sounds like you have some experience in these types of things

You may draw that conclusion, but it may be speculation ;)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1166 on: July 03, 2015, 04:03:03 PM »
If it's on Wikipedia, it MUST be true!!  ;D ;D ;D

"Wang Jianlin (Chinese: 王健林; pinyin: Wáng Jiànlín; born 1954) is a Chinese businessman and philanthropist. He serves as the Chairman of the Dalian Wanda Group, China's largest real estate developer, as well as the world's largest movie theater operator. He became the new owner of West Bromwich Albion F.C. on the 2nd July 2015."

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1167 on: July 03, 2015, 04:05:46 PM »
Blown out of all proportion TBH, Could have been announced as a two liner without all the ballyhoo...just making us salivate for nowt.

Lot of people expected a lot more

Very badly handled, just like the kit launch video, underwhelming at best, total screw up at worst, media team need a right kick up the backside.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1168 on: July 03, 2015, 04:10:49 PM »
If it's on Wikipedia, it MUST be true!!  ;D ;D ;D

"Wang Jianlin (Chinese: 王健林; pinyin: Wáng Jiànlín; born 1954) is a Chinese businessman and philanthropist. He serves as the Chairman of the Dalian Wanda Group, China's largest real estate developer, as well as the world's largest movie theater operator. He became the new owner of West Bromwich Albion F.C. on the 2nd July 2015."

I wish ;D

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1169 on: July 03, 2015, 04:14:56 PM »
I wish ;D
Maybe that's the "consortium". we are being taken over by the Dallian Wanda Group  :D

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1170 on: July 03, 2015, 04:19:02 PM »
so when will ground re developments or relocation start :-X
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1171 on: July 03, 2015, 04:24:35 PM »
Blown out of all proportion TBH, Could have been announced as a two liner without all the ballyhoo...just making us salivate for nowt.

Very badly handled, just like the kit launch video, underwhelming at best, total screw up at worst, media team need a right kick up the backside.
Very unfair criticism IMO. The club simply informed the press there would be a statement with an update, they gave no indication what this would be (the local press confirmed this).

The subsequent delay (for reasons apparently out of their control) simply allowed a load of fans to wind themselves up and over hype the statement.

Fans wanted an update on the situation and they have got one, and a fairly significant one at that.

Not sure what there is to complain about in all honesty, other than the website crashing.

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1172 on: July 03, 2015, 04:30:44 PM »
so when will ground re developments or relocation start :-X

Could move us to Devon  :D 8)

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1173 on: July 03, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »

It was the media who caused the stir, people like Bill Howell tweeting 'honestly guys this is going to be worth waiting for' as if he knew, showed himself up there.
"This crack is really moreish."

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1174 on: July 03, 2015, 04:37:35 PM »
I think we are looking for investors moreso than a buyer. Someone who can give more clout in the window.