Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2362232 times)

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #575 on: June 19, 2015, 04:36:28 PM »
What site was it?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #576 on: June 19, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »
Here is the quote.

Quote from: baggiebabe on Today at 08:44:49 AM

I'm told that a Chinese bloke has bought the club.  True or not?  Who knows?

Indeed.  I'm told it's a done deal and here's yeah man:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wang-jianlin-surpasses-li-ka-shing-as-asias-richest-man-300077521.html
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #577 on: June 19, 2015, 04:45:42 PM »
I think something maybe close. Maybe due to us not having a sponsor just yet and that a new owner may want his company as club sponsor

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #578 on: June 19, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
I think something maybe close. Maybe due to us not having a sponsor just yet and that a new owner may want his company as club sponsor
That's what I am thinking.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #579 on: June 19, 2015, 04:47:08 PM »
Someone told me last week it was the Chinese guy and he claimed he had a source in the club.
Said the holdup was the price. He wants to turn us into the next Man City but also talked about relocating the ground.
No idea if it was complete bull

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #580 on: June 19, 2015, 04:52:22 PM »
Someone told me last week it was the Chinese guy and he claimed he had a source in the club.
Said the holdup was the price. He wants to turn us into the next Man City but also talked about relocating the ground.
No idea if it was complete bull

Fingers crossed that it is.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #581 on: June 19, 2015, 05:24:19 PM »
Does anyone really think that someone who was worth £30bn would be arguing with us over a few million if he really did want to turn us into the next Man City?
Gera, Gera, Gera

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #582 on: June 19, 2015, 05:26:49 PM »
That's how people end up with £30 Billion ain't it?
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #583 on: June 19, 2015, 05:29:42 PM »
Agreed - hanging over a couple of million pound is still worth doing. I would be stunned if this where true and I would worry slightly about motivation and what would happen to the club.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #584 on: June 19, 2015, 05:33:30 PM »
Dingle or villain on the whind up one thinks.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #585 on: June 19, 2015, 05:35:37 PM »
Why would this "Wang Jianlin" buy us anyway. ?? 
BOING BOING

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #586 on: June 19, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »
Don't believe a word of it, just a re-hashed old rumour that some sad person is getting a kick out of.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #587 on: June 19, 2015, 05:38:49 PM »
Has Peace set any kind of deadline for when he will decide and announce if we are / aren't being taken over?

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #588 on: June 19, 2015, 05:43:17 PM »
Has Peace set any kind of deadline for when he will decide and announce if we are / aren't being taken over?

A June 30 date has been quoted. Whether it is true or not remains to be seen.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #589 on: June 19, 2015, 05:52:59 PM »
Yes

I was in a pub one lunchtime with a baggies top on and a guy sitting near started  talking to me and said he was a season ticket holder too
He told me what I put in here. Was he winding me up-i have no idea
However I have posted on the zone for many years and know baggiebabe
If she has posted that with such confidence I now believe it's true

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #590 on: June 19, 2015, 05:54:39 PM »
Aside from Peace and his lawyers nobody at the club will know anything. If and when it happens it will be announced and I doubt the club's media team will have more than a few hours advance notice. I therefore would take any rumour at this stage with a massive pinch of salt. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #591 on: June 19, 2015, 05:58:46 PM »
Sure you have been told that mate.

But it is complete and utter garbage.
"This crack is really moreish."

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #592 on: June 19, 2015, 06:36:25 PM »
No Asian/Chinese owner please, we will become next Birmingham and Cardiff.
The PRIDE of midlands

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #593 on: June 19, 2015, 06:50:40 PM »
Can anybody believe the rubbish that is spilled on here . This rumour started on Twitter a couple of weeks . The richest man in China is supposed to be buying little old west brom . We all hope for it , but can any of it be confirmed , or nail someone down to verify it . At the moment no .

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #594 on: June 19, 2015, 06:55:48 PM »
Amazing how many people have sources within the club that tell them what is going on. No one but those involved in any potential deal have a clue, we will know nothing until a deal is officially done or Peace comes out and says nothing is happening.

For what its worth people who post things they have heard often do on good faith but it rarely ends up being accurate. Not much has got out of the club for the last year or two. As for anyone making us the Man City, absolutely no chance, the big clubs saw to that when they voted in favour of financial fair play rules clearly designed to keep them at the top and stop anyone else from spending a fortune like they did to secure their status as the top clubs.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:04:04 PM by B_H_Baggie »

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #595 on: June 19, 2015, 07:03:57 PM »
They are all very good at saying some one told me ,that's fine . Do they ever tell you who that some one is .

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #596 on: June 19, 2015, 07:13:41 PM »
Amazing how many people have sources within the club that tell them what is going on. No one but those involved in any potential deal have a clue, we will know nothing until a deal is officially done or Peace comes out and says nothing is happening.

For what its worth people who post things they have heard often do on good faith but it rarely ends up being accurate. Not much has got out of the club for the last year or two. As for anyone making us the Man City, absolutely no chance, the big clubs saw to that when they voted in favour of financial fair play rules clearly designed to keep them at the top and stop anyone else from spending a fortune like they did to secure their status as the top clubs.
I take the view of all of these sources being false because why would anyone within the hierarchy tell a friend and risk he's job ? If privy information starts getting leaked the mole will soon be supposed, especially considering how careful Peace and close colleagues are with information.

We had couple years ago in the dressing room and that soon got addressed.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:17:57 PM by BobTaylor »

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #597 on: June 19, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »
No Asian/Chinese owner please, we will become next Birmingham and Cardiff.
A risk yes but i´d take it. WE have been going along for too long now with poor footballing decisions,poor transfer windows and the same old ,same old reasons and excuses for the way we are doing things perhaps new faces at the top will lead to a freshening up all the way down the line !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #598 on: June 19, 2015, 08:20:51 PM »
I take the view of all of these sources being false because why would anyone within the hierarchy tell a friend and risk he's job ? If privy information starts getting leaked the mole will soon be supposed, especially considering how careful Peace and close colleagues are with information.

This is going to come out one morning to the stock exchange/FA and that will be first we all know of it. The company I work for got an offer to be bought out by a competitor on Wednesday and the first we heard was the stock exchange announcement! And it's a $600million deal, so in the same region of money as the Albion takeover. We're pretty small and there wasn't a sniff of anything, so I very much doubt there will be a leak especially as only Peace has to make the decision.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:26:26 PM by fatboy_coach »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #599 on: June 19, 2015, 09:04:27 PM »
I cannot imagine anything being released until 8th August.
The reason being that the number 8 is considered lucky in Chinese folk law.
So it may be at 8.08 on the 8th day of the 8th month, that we hear of something.