Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767074 times)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3100 on: August 26, 2018, 10:37:30 AM »
Brunt's lack of positional sense in the middle of the park is horrendous and why is he being persistently played there only Darren Moore knows. Right now his inclusion at CM is detrimental to the side.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3101 on: August 26, 2018, 10:51:17 AM »
Its sad, in my view, to  watch the demise of a stalwart of the club in this manner.

Every game I hope he will put in a performance, for his sake as much as anybodies, but most of what I see is that of a frustrated footballer
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3102 on: August 26, 2018, 12:07:27 PM »
I thought today's coaching was all about data, Re-watching matches and analysing performances of players etc? Surely they have seen so far that Brunt waste's alot of ball retention, His shooting is woeful as well. Gave the pen away against Norwich with a lazy leg, Always panic's when his got the ball hence why he predominantly passes it back to defenders.

His a legend at the club, But his actually not helping us at all while his in the middle, Our only option is Barry who's 40 and Field who hasn't played for well over a year. Shocking that all these coaches and staff can't see what it seems 90% of us can.

CM is suppose to be the engine of the team, Our 2 in the middle are more push bikes with one of them giving the other a backie.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3103 on: August 26, 2018, 12:16:41 PM »
There is of course a few things to consider, just ideas I'm not itk

After foster etc going is Dave rewarding the loyalty?
Is Dave scared of the bigger personalities (brunt/Livermore etc)?
Did he see how field didn't speak well of Pardew and looks at it that the kid shouldn't be speaking out against a manager?
Is he just massively out of his depth?, I'm pretty sure most of us could have got a win vs Norwich/qpr?
Is he falling for the "ignore the masses stick to what you think, and it's now an issue?

I'd suggest if there was a pole on "should we persist with brunt and Livermore in cm", the results would be at least 75% against
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3104 on: August 26, 2018, 12:27:34 PM »
Some quite obviously misinformed posts in this thread. I've seen now numerous posters saying he panics in possession, this is patently not true he's as comfortable on the ball as anyone in the division. Hammer him for his faults (lazy fouls etc.) But don't just make stuff up. He's also far from our only problem and is playing no worse than his midfield partner who is supposedly an actual CM.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3105 on: August 26, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »
Some quite obviously misinformed posts in this thread. I've seen now numerous posters saying he panics in possession, this is patently not true he's as comfortable on the ball as anyone in the division. Hammer him for his faults (lazy fouls etc.) But don't just make stuff up. He's also far from our only problem and is playing no worse than his midfield partner who is supposedly an actual CM.

I agree with the first part of your post but I'd have to disagree slightly with the second part. I thought Livermore was the better of the two against both QPR and Boro and I'm far from his biggest fan.

Brunt isn't our only problem I agree with you there too. The goalkeeper isn't inspiring me,  defensively we're getting better as we go along but we're unbalanced there with no natural right back to choose from and J Rod isn't doing enough either.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3106 on: August 26, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
Big Dave seems to be picking players on their past and status not on merit which is unacceptable. I don’t see him dropping Brunt from central midfield any time soon so I’d imagine this thread is going to run and run. Similar to the politics of last season that GMAC has recently been commenting on. Certain players are picked regardless of their form or ability.

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3107 on: August 26, 2018, 06:10:43 PM »
Chris has continued his habit of silly fouls committed due to his lack of pace. With his central position this can be very costly. His inevitable ban will allow a change in personnel within 10 matches.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3108 on: August 26, 2018, 07:13:56 PM »
Chris has continued his habit of silly fouls committed due to his lack of pace. With his central position this can be very costly. His inevitable ban will allow a change in personnel within 10 matches.
Oh my god, as quickly as that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3109 on: August 26, 2018, 10:20:29 PM »
To slow with and without ball, only redeeming factor is his wand of a left foot which is a bit crooked these days.  :(

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3110 on: August 26, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »
Time to leave. Just go.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3111 on: August 27, 2018, 08:55:29 AM »
Time to leave. Just go.
And then the posts will be about how the club treated him wrong and he's a legend etc

He's not bad enough to kick out, but he's not so important he shouldn't be dropped, I note you also told Chadli to leave..there is no one at our club and probably the whole championship that can do what he does (I'll wait for the comments about dissapearing) I do find it amusing that there are some players who have seasons out perpetually , Morrison,anderton, Owen and are still lauded, there are others who despite also suffering from genuine injuries get pelters
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3112 on: August 27, 2018, 09:29:22 AM »
I fully agree with your comments Zippy and Bungle.... although I am trying to work out who Owen and Anderton are. Brunt has a part to play albeit not in current position. As for Chadli, I personally believe he could make a great impact if he remains at the club.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3113 on: August 27, 2018, 09:53:39 AM »
And then the posts will be about how the club treated him wrong and he's a legend etc

Anyone calling him a legend is nuts

He's not bad enough to kick out, but he's not so important he shouldn't be dropped,[/b]

True, if he playing for US

I note you also told Chadli to leave..there is no one at our club and probably the whole championship that can do what he does (I'll wait for the comments about dissapearing)

To disappear he has to be seen there in the 1st place.[/b] he's not even on the bench but when mentally fit & playing i agree with your 2nd point.

I do find it amusing that there are some players who have seasons out perpetually , Morrison,anderton, Owen and are still lauded, there are others who despite also suffering from genuine injuries get pelters
[/b]

Morrison for me is a sub at best but the club kept him instead of investing in a younger a/m.
Chadli has the ability but has not shown it here on more than a few occasions.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3114 on: August 27, 2018, 10:51:02 AM »
Personally not a big fan of 3 at the back , I'd much prefer Brunt wide left with Gibbs over lapping . His footballing brain with pace elsewhere would suit the side much better IMO , pains me to see him struggling in the middle and his crossing wasted.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3115 on: August 27, 2018, 11:09:02 AM »
Personally not a big fan of 3 at the back , I'd much prefer Brunt wide left with Gibbs over lapping . His footballing brain with pace elsewhere would suit the side much better IMO , pains me to see him struggling in the middle and his crossing wasted.

We've no one to get on the end of his crossing now anyway. Gayle isn't going to score those type of goals nor is Burke. You may get the odd one out of Robson-Kanu or Rodriguez but not nearly the amount we'd need.

We're evolving as a team, playing a different way. Unfortunately Brunt's crossing is pretty much redundant now other than from set pieces.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3116 on: August 27, 2018, 11:13:30 AM »

We've no one to get on the end of his crossing now anyway. Gayle isn't going to score those type of goals nor is Burke. You may get the odd one out of Robson-Kanu or Rodriguez but not nearly the amount we'd need.

We're evolving as a team, playing a different way. Unfortunately Brunt's crossing is pretty much redundant now other than from set pieces.
Have to disagree with that , we played different under Mowbray and Gera was always a threat from Brunt's crosses . I would like to see a target man added (not holding much hope).
Already this season Phillips has crossed a number of times but nobody in this squad can cross a ball like Brunt IMO. Its a big weapon not being used .

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3117 on: August 27, 2018, 11:46:01 AM »
Have to disagree with that , we played different under Mowbray and Gera was always a threat from Brunt's crosses . I would like to see a target man added (not holding much hope).
Already this season Phillips has crossed a number of times but nobody in this squad can cross a ball like Brunt IMO. Its a big weapon not being used .
True, but Gera was excellent in the air - I'm not sure we have anyone like him to get on the end of crosses?

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3118 on: August 27, 2018, 11:51:53 AM »
Did Brunt take the corners against Boro?  I'd have said that corners were one of the strengths of his game.  (It's certainly not playing CM.)  We are in transition and, maybe, with changes in central defence, attacking midfield and attack Moore just wanted a bit of stability at the centre of the team.  Right now Brunt looks like the weakests link.  (It's him or Hegazi IMO.) 

I'd like to try Field there, or if Harper can put in another MoM performance against Mansfield maybe he should get a chance against our championship rivals?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3119 on: August 27, 2018, 11:53:15 AM »
Did Brunt take the corners against Boro?  I'd have said that corners were one of the strengths of his game.  (It's certainly not playing CM.)  We are in transition and, maybe, with changes in central defence, attacking midfield and attack Moore just wanted a bit of stability at the centre of the team.  Right now Brunt looks like the weakests link.  (It's him or Hegazi IMO.) 

I'd like to try Field there, or if Harper can put in another MoM performance against Mansfield maybe he should get a chance against our championship rivals?
Mainly Phillips if i remember , even from Brunt's best side on one occasion.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3120 on: August 27, 2018, 11:54:46 AM »
True, but Gera was excellent in the air - I'm not sure we have anyone like him to get on the end of crosses?
Was hoping that may have been sorted by now , can't see it this late.
JRod probably our best bet .

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3121 on: August 27, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »
Watch Mendy. They're the types of crosses we need with Gayle up top. Brunt capable of this type of cross also though we'll persist in central midfield imo.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3122 on: August 27, 2018, 12:15:39 PM »
Watch Mendy. They're the types of crosses we need with Gayle up top. Brunt capable of this type of cross also though we'll persist in central midfield imo.

Mendy is a 40m rapid out and out left back. Can't compare to Chris brunt..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3123 on: August 27, 2018, 12:42:54 PM »
Mendy is a 40m rapid out and out left back. Can't compare to Chris brunt..

The comparison was the crosses.  ???

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3124 on: August 27, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »
Chris Brunt is a left winger.

Fortunately, most managers that have tried to get him into the centre of midfield have discovered after a game or two that it doesn't work. The current incumbent has not for some bizarre reason.