Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767051 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2950 on: February 25, 2018, 08:53:09 AM »
I disagree, sadly. It's high time to move on from the older generation at the club, which Brunt is now part of, and bring in some younger, hungrier and quicker legs. We've looked far too slow in our last 2 games and we have to change it.
The most sensible post on this subject

Yes he has given everything and we should thank him, but not by giving him (like we have with others) contracts that turn in to millstones around a club with a very sore neck
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2951 on: February 25, 2018, 09:11:22 AM »
Brunt still has huge quality and more important would offer a lot at the level below , I'd offer him a good contract to finish his career here. We'll need a couple who know what its all about.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2952 on: February 25, 2018, 09:31:14 AM »
Brunt still has huge quality and more important would offer a lot at the level below , I'd offer him a good contract to finish his career here. We'll need a couple who know what its all about.

Agree

There is going to be a big upheavel next season but for me Brint has something to offer.

Still a good footballer & relatively injury free.

There are bigger problems in the midfield and it is not Chris Brunt.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2953 on: February 25, 2018, 09:39:15 AM »
I hope Brunty stays but he is one of the few if he said at the end of the season that he wants another crack at the premier league i would say good luck to him.

He has been great for us, huge asset on the pitch, a class act off it and will go down as an Albion legend, hope there is more to come but if not then he has earnt whatever he choose next.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2954 on: February 25, 2018, 09:40:14 AM »
Whats his contract situation ?

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2955 on: February 25, 2018, 09:44:02 AM »
club captain next year?  can't see him playing every game, but that would give some continuity with the good times

rajesh-wba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2956 on: February 25, 2018, 09:56:30 AM »
Whats his contract situation ?

The club have an option of extending his deal by a further 12 months depending on whether he activates the number of appearances this season.
Morrison is in the same position. Though I think he may struggle to activate his. Will depend on how he returns from injury etc.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:58:34 AM by rajesh-wba »

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2957 on: February 25, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »
Brunt might not have the legs anymore, but with Chadli and Morrison out he is the only midfielder we have who looks like creating anything on any kind of regular basis, even if it is just from set pieces. Phillips is a bottler who hasn't tried to do anything. McClean will run through brick walls for you, but he's the only player stupid enough to run into one in the first place. Only Brunt has the touch of quality we need in a drastically imbalanced squad.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2958 on: February 26, 2018, 07:37:34 AM »
According to the E&S, Brunt laid into his team mates and Pardew after the Huddersfield match. Having a pop at his team mates work ethic and Pardew's tactics.

Give him the arm band next season in my opinion. He's the closest we have to a club legend.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2959 on: February 26, 2018, 07:40:33 AM »
According to the E&S, Brunt laid into his team mates and Pardew after the Huddersfield match. Having a pop at his team mates work ethic and Pardew's tactics.

Give him the arm band next season in my opinion. He's the closest we have to a club legend.

No no no no! He isn't the closest thing we have to a club legend. He IS a legend. No doubt about that in my view.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2960 on: February 26, 2018, 08:57:44 AM »
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/02/25/exclusive---furious-chris-brunt-laid-into-team-mates-and-alan-pardews-tactics-in-dressing-room-bust-up-after-huddersfield-defeat/

Fair play to him, one of the few he clearly gives a damn!

No doubt he will be on the bench next game, we as fans need to show our support and sing his name.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2961 on: February 26, 2018, 09:00:57 AM »
Well done Chris!

My MOTM on Saturday..... the only one in the outfield who actually showed passion and determination.
MAGA!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2962 on: February 26, 2018, 09:03:48 AM »
It tells you everything you need to know about how poor recruitment has been over the years when at 33 he's still arguably our best footballer. I hope its true that he laid into everyone after the game its something that needed to be done.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2963 on: February 26, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »
The thing many footballers forget - going through the motions is obvious. It's also obvious when players clearly care. You could see more passion in 10mins of Brunt's performance there Saturday than much of the squad have shown all season.

Time to weed out the players who have been going through the motions and replace them with ones who will show some energy and pride - I think we know who they are!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2964 on: February 26, 2018, 09:15:36 AM »
Good to see a reaction from someone. I was quite critical of Brunt when he was captain under Hodgson/Clarke but maybe now it's time to give him the armband again (if he wants it).

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2965 on: February 26, 2018, 09:28:37 AM »
Brunty cares!
Tell him that he will play in every game,from the get go until the end of the season and he will be captain.
His enthusiasm and skills might just brush off on the others and give us a chance,we must take every opportunity going.
Much respect to him from me.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2966 on: February 26, 2018, 09:33:47 AM »
Brunt is a legend. You can see he cares and he is definitely our best footballer still and all that comes down to his passion, integrity and will to do well.

He should be the first name on the team sheet without a doubt

I hope he did lay into the players after the game but they wont care, theyll be off to their next club somewhere next season and good riddance, some of them have been a stain on this club

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2967 on: February 26, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
The thing many footballers forget - going through the motions is obvious. It's also obvious when players clearly care. You could see more passion in 10mins of Brunt's performance there Saturday than much of the squad have shown all season.

Time to weed out the players who have been going through the motions and replace them with ones who will show some energy and pride - I think we know who they are!
Been saying this for weeks mate. It is so blatantly obvious now that some players just do not give a flying about our position. Evans, Gibbs, Barry, Phillips should all be dropped immediately. Pardew's failure to see this will cost him his job.
Bring in, Nyom, Field, Brunt and Burke for the remaining games. won't keep us up, but may restore some pride.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2968 on: February 26, 2018, 09:58:47 AM »
Good to see a reaction from someone. I was quite critical of Brunt when he was captain under Hodgson/Clarke but maybe now it's time to give him the armband again (if he wants it).
He obviously now feels capable if he can give the players and Pardew a dressing down so a big yes from me

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2969 on: February 26, 2018, 10:00:34 AM »
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/02/25/exclusive---furious-chris-brunt-laid-into-team-mates-and-alan-pardews-tactics-in-dressing-room-bust-up-after-huddersfield-defeat/

Fair play to him, one of the few he clearly gives a damn!

No doubt he will be on the bench next game, we as fans need to show our support and sing his name.

This is brilliant. You cannot question his loyalty or passion to win. This has actually cheered me up a bit, because it shows that there are some players who care.

The thing I detest about AP is where he says, and has said before, "it's happened but now we need to draw a line under it and move on." It's so cliche and he uses it as an escape route.

I'm so happy brunt laid into him and the others. Be interesting to see if he makes the squad for Watford.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2970 on: February 26, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »
You could see it on the pitch when he came on.  Was the only one putting that bit of extra effort in.

kev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2971 on: February 26, 2018, 10:59:33 AM »
Fair play to him if he did but I think this is a bit of reporters trying to get a story.  It would of have to been someone in the dressing room who would of leaked this to the press and I very much doubt he gave pardew a stripping down  in front of everyone !

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2972 on: February 26, 2018, 11:20:40 AM »
Most shocking thing about the article was that Pardew had any tactics ;)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2973 on: February 26, 2018, 12:19:16 PM »
If this story is true then WELL DONE CHRIS BRUNT!

Pardew will probably drop him from the first team squad now.  ::)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2974 on: February 26, 2018, 12:28:25 PM »
Well done Brunty.
Not the best footballer we've ever had but a true and honest professional.
Always liked him and Mozza.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'