Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767034 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2775 on: September 16, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »
Fantastic news with Brunty due to make his return in the reserves next week. Our much talked about run of 15 games and 1 win has coincided almost exactly with his injury.

If you ask people though they dont rate him.

I feel we have missed him more than we miss Morrison.
Very under rated player for us.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2776 on: September 16, 2016, 12:05:39 PM »

We do indeed miss him, he is about the only one who can split a defence. Hopefully he is not played at left back
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2777 on: September 16, 2016, 12:09:33 PM »
We do indeed miss him, he is about the only one who can split a defence. Hopefully he is not played at left back

I agree but he'll be back in there assuming Chadli stays on the left. Galloway looked very shaky last week. Technically one of our best players but the fact we are pinning our hopes on him and Morrison returning says a lot about how the squad has regressed.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2778 on: September 16, 2016, 12:20:13 PM »
I agree but he'll be back in there assuming Chadli stays on the left. Galloway looked very shaky last week. Technically one of our best players but the fact we are pinning our hopes on him and Morrison returning says a lot about how the squad has regressed.

Bang on, we should be developing over time, not stagnating.

I'd have him infront of Galloway with Chadli behind the striker
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2779 on: September 16, 2016, 12:37:29 PM »

Exactly, Brunt will offer enough assistance at the back aswell as contributing going forward.

Phillips Chadli Brunt as a three I would be happy with.

That being said, hes probably a good 3-4 weeks from being 'match fit.'

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2780 on: September 16, 2016, 12:49:19 PM »
That being said, hes probably a good 3-4 weeks from being 'match fit.'
And the rest I would imagine - players who had a pre-season have been declared as not being fit enough in recent weeks!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2781 on: September 16, 2016, 02:09:49 PM »
One of my all time favourite Albion players, great club man and servant,plays anywhere asked without complaint, his goals and assists down the years have been season defining not match defining.
Regulary named as the player who covers the most ground and completes the most passes in a game, and even rated top left back in Europe on several occasions on the day, even though he's not a left back.
Funnily enough people who dislike him probably rated Andy Johnson, and i can't think of a single stand out moment in Andy Johnson,s Albion career, apart from getting kicked up in the air at Bramhall Lane.
Andy Johnson great free kicks? Andy Johnson great goals? Andy Johnson great assists. Andy Johnson playing in most outfield positions?

People need to get off Brunts back and realise what a diamond he has been for us.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2782 on: September 16, 2016, 02:11:45 PM »

I think we really miss the pair of them. They are both big players for us.

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2783 on: September 16, 2016, 02:31:39 PM »
Fantastic news with Brunty due to make his return in the reserves next week. Our much talked about run of 15 games and 1 win has coincided almost exactly with his injury.
I don't post a lot but I'm here visiting the site numerous times a day reading up on any recent messages posted since I was last on. So when I read the Birmingham Mail artjcle where TP reveals Brunty is going to get some match time in a under 23's match next week I knew Jacko that you would have already posted a comment about it as I think your the only one on this site who may be as happy as I was to see that he is getting some match time and that his full return is right around the corner!! It really gutted me to see him go down with that knee injury but I'm thrilled to see hes almost back!! I'm not saying Brunt can't do no wrong but the criticism is so over the top most times and it's nice to see your posts in his defense! Without a doubt he is missed and the sooner he is fit the better off Albion will be!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2784 on: September 16, 2016, 03:33:08 PM »

Key part of that being coincided.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2785 on: September 16, 2016, 03:34:05 PM »
Key part of that being coincided.

Indeed most of it also coincided with us being safe  ;)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2786 on: September 16, 2016, 03:47:01 PM »
Criminally underrated by some. Get back soon Brunty.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2787 on: September 16, 2016, 03:58:32 PM »
Where does he fit in though now? Hasn't got the pace to play out wide and surely Galloway is going to be first choice left back?
I'm not anti Brunt at all just not sure where he will play.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2788 on: September 16, 2016, 04:47:54 PM »
One of my all time favourite Albion players, great club man and servant,plays anywhere asked without complaint, his goals and assists down the years have been season defining not match defining.
Regulary named as the player who covers the most ground and completes the most passes in a game, and even rated top left back in Europe on several occasions on the day, even though he's not a left back.
Funnily enough people who dislike him probably rated Andy Johnson, and i can't think of a single stand out moment in Andy Johnson,s Albion career, apart from getting kicked up in the air at Bramhall Lane.
Andy Johnson great free kicks? Andy Johnson great goals? Andy Johnson great assists. Andy Johnson playing in most outfield positions?

People need to get off Brunts back and realise what a diamond he has been for us.
What a very odd thing to say !! How on earth did you reach this conclusion?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2789 on: September 16, 2016, 04:50:15 PM »
Where does he fit in though now? Hasn't got the pace to play out wide and surely Galloway is going to be first choice left back?
I'm not anti Brunt at all just not sure where he will play.
seeing as we tend to go over the top anyway, his lack of pace is not as important. If he plays wide left it allows Galloway the freedom to push up and moves Chadli to the centre, which gives us a fast and talented method of moving through the middle. Also gives us another body to aim for in the centre as you have two tall players in Rondon and Chadli for crosses. At left back it's the same as now but more long crosses and diagonal balls than crosses from the byline.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2790 on: September 16, 2016, 08:48:50 PM »
That's interesting
When anybody mentioned that run, you said it didn't count because the matches weren't important, now BRUNTYS back , to save us from this horrendous run , that now matters....but didn't before
Very strange?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Plastic Paddy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2791 on: September 17, 2016, 11:37:59 AM »

100% agree. Rondon would also benefit from Brunt's crossing ability.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2792 on: September 17, 2016, 12:11:10 PM »
That's interesting
When anybody mentioned that run, you said it didn't count because the matches weren't important, now BRUNTYS back , to save us from this horrendous run , that now matters....but didn't before
Very strange?

None of my posts in this thread or any other say the 10 games at the end of last season matter...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2793 on: October 31, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »
in one breath having a go at some of the support in the next saying they pay there money they can chant what they want. Footballers should keep it zipped
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2794 on: October 31, 2016, 01:03:22 PM »
in one breath having a go at some of the support in the next saying they pay there money they can chant what they want. Footballers should keep it zipped

Not got a problem with what Brunt has said to be honest, if we are entitled to make our feelings clear about anything then so is he and he's been on the receiving end of it enough times. 

I fully understand the frustrations of supporters as Olsson has been pretty much finished for a couple of years and the drop in the form of Fletcher over the last year has been quite alarming but making those frustrations known like they were on Saturday helps absolutely no one. As a group we really do struggle to meet the definition of the word supporter.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2795 on: October 31, 2016, 01:06:45 PM »
Not convinced the jeers were 100% at the two departing players , I feel they were more at Pulis for finally acting especially taking the woeful Fletcher off.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2796 on: October 31, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
Not convinced the jeers were 100% at the two departing players , I feel they were more at Pulis for finally acting especially taking the woeful Fletcher off.

I'm convinced it was aimed at 100% at Pulis.

Not saying that makes it any better though.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2797 on: October 31, 2016, 06:30:55 PM »
Wonder if he liked the 'we've got the ball' and 'we've lost the ball' renditions as well.

Edit; just had a look at this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3852166/How-Chris-Brunt-lifted-40-elephants-completed-10-triathlons-stood-one-leg-month-battle-eight-month-injury.html

Explains the sort of process Brunt went through getting back fit. Pretty impressive
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 06:44:57 PM by TheBrom »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2798 on: October 31, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »
Probably still our best left back given what I've seen. In a side which is so rubbish at keeping the ball, he's quite important to us but I'm not sure where he starts. He's not a central midfielder and should not under any circumstances be a disruption to Chadli - and we sit so deep he's hardly worthwhile at carrying us up the pitch as McClean and Phillips attempt too.

People may say he could replace Fletcher but I do not see those central midfield qualities from Brunt - if anything, it should be Morrison partnering Yacob.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2799 on: November 01, 2016, 03:29:18 PM »
Well done to Brunty for getting back into the Ireland Squad after his Euro`s disappointment class act.