Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767074 times)

Baggieman1805

• Youth Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2725 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:23 PM »
Nice touch, he deserves it  :)

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2726 on: April 01, 2016, 03:27:39 PM »
The young lad who's life has been made hell by accusations following the incident at Reading by many website, people and newspapers has been cleared of the incident by Police. Some people need to hang their heads in shame !! I'm all for justice but not mob-justice
He's a lad from the Wrenna

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2727 on: April 01, 2016, 03:50:25 PM »
The young lad who's life has been made hell by accusations following the incident at Reading by many website, people and newspapers has been cleared of the incident by Police. Some people need to hang their heads in shame !! I'm all for justice but not mob-justice

Just seen this on facebook, glad the lad has been cleared of this.

As someone else said on facebook I would be asking my lawyers for damages from the newspapers
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2728 on: April 01, 2016, 08:41:46 PM »
Just seen this on facebook, glad the lad has been cleared of this.

As someone else said on facebook I would be asking my lawyers for damages from the newspapers
Whats galling is not 1 person who was quick enough to go after the kid has the b*****x to admit they were wrong !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2729 on: April 01, 2016, 08:54:24 PM »
Whats galling is not 1 person who was quick enough to go after the kid has the b*****x to admit they were wrong !!
Don't agree with public vote/mob rule, but being cleared doesn't mean he never did it?
OJ was cleared, so was John Terry
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2730 on: April 01, 2016, 09:00:24 PM »
Don't agree with public vote/mob rule, but being cleared doesn't mean he never did it?
OJ was cleared, so was John Terry

Bu when he is cleared and the Police are looking for the actual person who did it means he didnt do it...

There are any lads from off this board who know him and have vouched for his innocence in this matter

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2731 on: April 01, 2016, 09:02:54 PM »
Bu when he is cleared and the Police are looking for the actual person who did it means he didnt do it...

There are any lads from off this board who know him and have vouched for his innocence in this matter
It may mean many things

And we shouldn't use public character references, and complain about public hanging?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2732 on: April 01, 2016, 10:17:04 PM »
He has been given a youth caution. Does that not mean he's guilty of the said crime? If you're arrested but they got the wrong person, you are released, not given a caution.

Can anyone explain it? Brunt was arguing with the lad so surely brunt would have looked at pics/ccTV and told them who it was? I don't really understand what I'm reading.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2733 on: April 01, 2016, 11:32:11 PM »
He has been given a youth caution. Does that not mean he's guilty of the said crime? If you're arrested but they got the wrong person, you are released, not given a caution.

Can anyone explain it? Brunt was arguing with the lad so surely brunt would have looked at pics/ccTV and told them who it was? I don't really understand what I'm reading.

He was let off the coin throwing assault charge due to lack of evidence, as in, the police couldn't conclusively prove it was him that definitely through the coin. It does not mean he definitely didn't do it either as many on here are claiming.

Im guessing Brunt was fairly confident it was him who threw it, hence the arguing and the persons caution for threatening language, but when it becomes his word vs the 17 year olds, its not enough for a conviction. This is assuming that Brunt would want to press charges and all of his behaviour since would suggest that he wanted to put the whole incident behind him as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:34:09 PM by Jordie1471 »

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2734 on: April 01, 2016, 11:37:46 PM »

Caution given in relation to using threatening words which would have been a different offence to the coin throwing one
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2735 on: April 02, 2016, 01:05:38 PM »
Fair enough, so why hasn't brunt been done too? He was offering the lad out.

The whole incident is ridiculous. It's funny how ccTV was used at our ground to punish fans who sang Chelsea Rent Boys, but the ccTV at their ground failed to capture someone making a sudden throwing movement. What good is it then?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2736 on: April 02, 2016, 01:27:59 PM »
He got a caution, he was behaving in a threatening manner, clearly not an innocent which ever way you cut it.
Baggie in Southampton

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2737 on: April 02, 2016, 01:49:54 PM »
Fair enough, so why hasn't brunt been done too? He was offering the lad out.

The whole incident is ridiculous. It's funny how ccTV was used at our ground to punish fans who sang Chelsea Rent Boys, but the ccTV at their ground failed to capture someone making a sudden throwing movement. What good is it then?
Nothing came of it. It's fairly common for a large number of criminals to get away with their crimes due to insufficient evidence. Even if you're 90% sure they're guilty, it needs to be more than that to convict someone.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2738 on: June 10, 2016, 09:02:25 PM »
Brunt running today for the first time after his injury. Brilliant news. Hopefully he'll be ready for August.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2739 on: June 10, 2016, 09:16:03 PM »
Brunt running today for the first time after his injury. Brilliant news. Hopefully he'll be ready for August.
hopefully hes fit but not in the first 11 we need better now

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2740 on: June 10, 2016, 09:22:07 PM »
hopefully hes fit but not in the first 11 we need better now

Straight back in for me.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2741 on: June 10, 2016, 11:12:42 PM »
Late September would be my guess - I doubt he'll be running up the Austrian hills....but time will tell obviously. Fully fit he starts at LB with our current squad.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2742 on: June 11, 2016, 06:18:46 AM »
He's the best we've got in that position, there is better out there if we want to pay the going rate.
Pace has never been a part of his game, brains has.
I'd say keep him there and use the funds in other areas
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2743 on: June 11, 2016, 11:17:03 AM »
He was poor at times at LB last season so I'd hope he'd be looking for an upgrade. If we wish to improve then we need pace and energy on the flanks so I don't see where he fits in.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2744 on: June 11, 2016, 11:22:28 AM »
He was poor at times at LB last season so I'd hope he'd be looking for an upgrade. If we wish to improve then we need pace and energy on the flanks so I don't see where he fits in.

All about the squad evolving, I have no worries that he will still be reliable when called upon but we should be aiming to improve on him. I'm not sure where I see him fitting in for a regular starting place.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2745 on: June 11, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
Straight back in for me.

At left back? Just curious where you see him in the team nowadays mate. For me he has to play left back unless we get someone else in, we can't keep shifting Evans out there.
Allllllll aboard

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2746 on: June 11, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »
I would probably play him further up the field, wide on the left or maybe further in field. 

He would be a good cover as left back but I feel we need a new conventional/traditional left back.

I like him. 
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2747 on: June 11, 2016, 10:28:55 PM »
I would probably play him further up the field, wide on the left or maybe further in field. 

He would be a good cover as left back but I feel we need a new conventional/traditional left back.

I like him.

I agree.I think he is too slow to be a winger now but after watching James McClean all season ........

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2748 on: June 11, 2016, 11:14:08 PM »
Problem with Brunt is that he's far too old to be starting up the pitch, even though he is naturally better there.

He's only 31 but has aged poorly probably due to lots of games during his career.
Anyway, moving him further back was a smart short-term move, because he didn't have the stamina to go up and down the pitch like most wingers do. However, he isn't that great at left-back either, so I would mostly use him as a sub in the attacking wing position, or as cover for left-back next season, that is the ideal scenario as he is still useful, but should definitely be playing less these days.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2749 on: June 11, 2016, 11:21:47 PM »
First choice left back or left midfielder depending where he wants to play.