Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767074 times)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2425 on: November 11, 2015, 11:30:30 PM »
il be going if and when he gets one

It'll be in nearly 2 years.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2426 on: December 14, 2015, 09:23:08 AM »
I've been known to bang on about the amount of assists Brunty provides  ;)

People (his detractors) usually try to shoot this down with, "well what do you expect when he takes all the corners?"

Firstly he doesn't, bloody Sess has been taking them for some reason and in the past Morrison, Dorrans, Gardner and Berahino have taken their turns. However, when he does take them, they're bloody good corners... Saw this tweet yesterday:

Squawka FootballVerified account ‏@Squawka  16h16 hours ago
Chris Brunt has now made 17 assists from corners in the Premier League since 2011/12, at least 7 more than any player. #WBAFC

Viva the wand.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2427 on: December 14, 2015, 10:03:23 AM »
Agreed Jacko - the lad has a couple of indifferent games and many are out to hang him. I remember a similar debate about Olsson earlier on - I thought he was excellent yesterday.
MAGA!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2428 on: December 14, 2015, 10:48:07 AM »
He turns 31 today. Happy Birthday, Brunty!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2429 on: December 14, 2015, 11:03:30 AM »
One of those we will truly miss when he's gone.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2430 on: December 14, 2015, 11:05:16 AM »
Happy birthday Brunty.
 8).

Cue posts banging on about an elderly, bow legged arthritic squad of players fit for the knacker's yard.
 :(.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2431 on: December 14, 2015, 11:38:23 AM »
I have always been a fan of Brunty.

Always gives 100% and hes part of the history now, hes scored so vital games for us, and hes never been one to shy away.

Hes been treated unfairly by our fans at times, hes been moved about in positions, been made captain to then have it taken away from him, and not once has the lad moaned.

It literally confuses me how some people can slate him, but support Berahino.

Happy birthday CB.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2432 on: December 14, 2015, 11:53:16 AM »
Viva Brunty.
Proper club man.
We will realise what we have when he's gone.
That said what was he trying to do with Lallana yesterday when he let him have a free header for their first goal?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2433 on: December 14, 2015, 01:16:16 PM »
Agreed Jacko - the lad has a couple of indifferent games and many are out to hang him. I remember a similar debate about Olsson earlier on - I thought he was excellent yesterday.

Generally he was but switched off and cost us the first goal. Did very much the same thing v Leicester. You get punished at this level for mistakes like this. You can't knock his effort and commitment but we definitely need to get a genuine LB in there.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2434 on: December 14, 2015, 03:54:27 PM »
I've been known to bang on about the amount of assists Brunty provides  ;)

People (his detractors) usually try to shoot this down with, "well what do you expect when he takes all the corners?"

Firstly he doesn't, bloody Sess has been taking them for some reason and in the past Morrison, Dorrans, Gardner and Berahino have taken their turns. However, when he does take them, they're bloody good corners... Saw this tweet yesterday:

Squawka FootballVerified account ‏@Squawka  16h16 hours ago
Chris Brunt has now made 17 assists from corners in the Premier League since 2011/12, at least 7 more than any player. #WBAFC

Viva the wand.

Up to until earlier this season he HAS been taking nearly all the setpieces but Pulis seems to have changed it around and let others have a go so over the past few season it does stand to reason he will have more assists.

He (along with others) needs to create more assists from general play.

Fantastic ball from Gardner yesterday for the disallowed goal as well by the way so others are just as capable.

Brunt since moving to left back has been a different player to the one ambling along in the centre of the pitch looking like little boy lost and his crossing has improved massively with McClean taking some of the pressure off him on the left.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2435 on: December 15, 2015, 12:31:03 AM »
According to this, he's scored 13 goals and racked up 37 assists in our 5 1/2 seasons in the Prem straight so far. So that's not including what he did in 08/09 (9 goals, assist record unknown) or the two years in the Championship (17 goals).

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/8507/History/Chris-Brunt

How can anyone attack that record?! It's very very impressive. PLUS he's only just turned 31 AND he's being playing out of position for a year.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:40:09 AM by KnaveofAlbion »
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2436 on: December 15, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »
Brunt since moving to left back has been a different player to the one ambling along in the centre of the pitch looking like little boy lost and his crossing has improved massively with McClean taking some of the pressure off him on the left.

Could not agree more, especially the description of him ambling along in the centre.  He seems to have found his mojo again, he just needs to concentrate for 90 mins though.  He does have a tendency to switch off but then it isn't his natural position so he deserves leeway for that.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2437 on: December 15, 2015, 12:23:54 PM »
According to this, he's scored 13 goals and racked up 37 assists in our 5 1/2 seasons in the Prem straight so far. So that's not including what he did in 08/09 (9 goals, assist record unknown) or the two years in the Championship (17 goals).

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/8507/History/Chris-Brunt

How can anyone attack that record?! It's very very impressive. PLUS he's only just turned 31 AND he's being playing out of position for a year.

Don't think anyone anywhere is attacking anything.

I also disagree about him playing out of position, I think he's slotted in at left back very comfortably, yes he may be at fault for the odd goal, name me a fullback at any level who hasn't been.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2438 on: December 15, 2015, 04:28:58 PM »
What the Hell has happened to the Albion Support? A player in the stripes make a mistake in a match and it gets analysed to death by the armchair/ stand seat critics. We get a good result away from home against a tem with ten times our resources and (probably) the same moaners go on to argue that we lost 2 points ratger than gained any. FFS forget sportsmanship it don't exist in the PL so why can't you get it into your heads if the player pulls on an Albion shirt regardless of performance, that player is better than anything the Vile, the dingle or any other bloody outfit has ever had, and is above all criticism except that of not trying. Under Pulis I have yet to see a player other than SB who has not done his level best in every game he has played. No wonder we have problems in home games. 

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2439 on: December 15, 2015, 05:29:19 PM »
Don't think anyone anywhere is attacking anything.

I also disagree about him playing out of position, I think he's slotted in at left back very comfortably, yes he may be at fault for the odd goal, name me a fullback at any level who hasn't been.

Come on Oldbury, loads of people have slated him many times throughout this thread. Even I had a go at him on at least 1 occasion for not tracking a runner. But some have had a go consistently over the past few years.

Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2440 on: December 15, 2015, 06:11:28 PM »
Come on Oldbury, loads of people have slated him many times throughout this thread. Even I had a go at him on at least 1 occasion for not tracking a runner. But some have had a go consistently over the past few years.

Fair point and over the past few years I have been one who has criticised mainly over his use in the centre of the pitch but I think the only criticism he's had lately is about him being at left back which is unfair as he's doing a decent job there.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2441 on: December 15, 2015, 07:44:58 PM »
I think he's done a very good job at full-back to be honest and he has made that position is own. I keep seeing people mentioning slips of concentration but that is a mistake that the majority of footballers are going to make and I think it's harsh to label that criticism purely at Chris Brunt.

Previously I thought his days out wide were numbered, I thought he was a big reason in our play becoming very pedestrian and one paced because of his obsession to come inside and leave us chronically lacking in width. At that point I would have said his days here were numbered. Since then though, he has become an integral part of this back four and I think he's found himself a new position to finish his career. I can't envisage us signing many better full-backs than Brunty without splashing big money and that is money I would rather us utilise elsewhere.

He is one of those modern day heroes to be honest because I don't think we will see many that will serve the club so well whilst causing minimal disruption. A class act on and off the pitch and there aren't many of those around nowadays.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2442 on: December 16, 2015, 02:25:35 PM »
I think he's done a very good job at full-back to be honest and he has made that position is own. I keep seeing people mentioning slips of concentration but that is a mistake that the majority of footballers are going to make and I think it's harsh to label that criticism purely at Chris Brunt.

Previously I thought his days out wide were numbered, I thought he was a big reason in our play becoming very pedestrian and one paced because of his obsession to come inside and leave us chronically lacking in width. At that point I would have said his days here were numbered. Since then though, he has become an integral part of this back four and I think he's found himself a new position to finish his career. I can't envisage us signing many better full-backs than Brunty without splashing big money and that is money I would rather us utilise elsewhere.

He is one of those modern day heroes to be honest because I don't think we will see many that will serve the club so well whilst causing minimal disruption. A class act on and off the pitch and there aren't many of those around nowadays.
  My sentiments exactly, so thanks Liam  for putting the words to my thoughts. Would also suggest we might say the same about GMac and Olsen eventually. They are both relatively long serving players who consistently perform well- although not perfectly and have hardly ever let the side down when selected.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2443 on: February 20, 2016, 05:54:34 PM »
I would hope there'll be plenty of chanting of his name next week or at least something to show support for him.

There's always been a minority of our fans content to treat one of our best professionals who's really not put a foot  wrong with his conduct very poorly, but throwing a coin at him has really taken it to a new level. Only one person but its national news and now reflects very poorly on the fanbase as a whole and will no doubt sully Brunt's view of the support.

At the very least I'd hope there's no protection of this "fan" and he's identified by those there so he can face up to what he did.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2444 on: February 20, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »
I would hope there'll be plenty of chanting of his name next week or at least something to show support for him.

There's always been a minority of our fans content to treat one of our best professionals who's really not put a foot  wrong with his conduct very poorly, but throwing a coin at him has really taken it to a new level. Only one person but its national news and now reflects very poorly on the fanbase as a whole and will no doubt sully Brunt's view of the support.

At the very least I'd hope there's no protection of this "fan" and he's identified by those there so he can face up to what he did.

Excellent post. Disgraceful behaviour.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2445 on: February 20, 2016, 06:12:49 PM »
No player (or even person on the street) should have to put up with those sort of actions.

Disgraceful coward of a human being, hope he / she gets a proper punishment.

As for Brunty, for some reason he has been a bit of a scapegoat for fans over the years, he may not of always played great every week (not many players have over a period of 10 years) but he never has shirked anything, he is a top professional, a very good footballer and he showed balls today to walk over and acknowledge the support when he knew the abuse that was being hurled.

Even afterwards thought he showed what a class act he is with his interview, WBA has been good for him but he has been good for us too and i think after Morrison, Olsson and Brunt go there wont be many players for a long long time who stay with us as long as they have, it will more than likely be more money mercenaries joining the gravy train and changing every couple of years.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2446 on: February 20, 2016, 06:16:09 PM »
Excellent post. Disgraceful behaviour.
model pro for us but why was he giving up his shirt to the fans especially after such an abject performance by the team? How long left is his contract or has he been offered a new one,,?

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2447 on: February 20, 2016, 06:17:51 PM »
model pro for us but why was he giving up his shirt to the fans especially after such an abject performance by the team? How long left is his contract or has he been offered a new one,,?

Whats that got to do with it. He did the right thing at the end of the game and got hit by a coin. Appalling.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #2448 on: February 20, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »

Because he actually cares.

How you can turn this on the player because he went to the fans is beyond me.

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2449 on: February 20, 2016, 06:20:31 PM »
I'm disgusted and feel ashamed for the first time of supporting Albion. I hope whoever did that gets named and shamed.