Author Topic: 20th July 2018 Aberdeen 1 Albion 1  (Read 10441 times)

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

Re: 20th July 2018 Aberdeen 1 Albion 1
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 12:33:43 AM »
I just watched the whole match on a replay and apart from the goal, there keeper hadn’t nothing to do, it was poor.

Nothing was being created, so Brunt decide to come inside and try and dictate play, problem is if your fullback isn’t mega, then nothing happens on the left hand side.

Love having home produced talent but for me we have 1 more friendly left, and there was to many kids out there tonight.

Final note Cranie was awful, poor ultility player, out of position for there goal, gave away 2 corners 2nd half which were comical.

Bartley was calm on the ball, however lost his man for there goal, allowing him a free header.

Lots and lots and lots of work to do

Anyone know when Sam Johnstone is?

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 02:47:23 AM »
No rondon in squad either?
By all sounds of it were still lacking a decent number 10- hopefully chadli going frees the funds up for us to bring somebody in.
O Albion we love you

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2018, 07:33:11 AM »
Jenkins said he's got a good budget for this league but so far it's sell to buy so I can't work that out. Everything will go down to the wire as usual.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2018, 09:52:37 AM »
Jenkins said he's got a good budget for this league but so far it's sell to buy so I can't work that out. Everything will go down to the wire as usual.

Jenkins can swivel. Endless hot air no promises ever fulfilled with this bleeding board.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 10:31:56 AM »
I just watched the whole match on a replay and apart from the goal, there keeper hadn’t nothing to do, it was poor.

Nothing was being created, so Brunt decide to come inside and try and dictate play, problem is if your fullback isn’t mega, then nothing happens on the left hand side.

Love having home produced talent but for me we have 1 more friendly left, and there was to many kids out there tonight.
Darren said of the game: "I was really pleased with what I saw and I have no complaints". Let's hope it's not a case of him being too easily impressed. People say that pre-season games are just about fitness, but I also regard them as being about experimenting with formations and tactics as well to find out what works best and who should be in what position.

For example, to my mind Brunt's position now should be left-back. His lack of mobility will limit our play if he's played wide left in midfield and he's never ever been effective when played in central midfield. I haven't been following the pre-season games very closely, but I don't think that Brunt has played at left-back as yet? I'm more than happy to be corrected on this.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2018, 04:24:36 PM »
Darren said of the game: "I was really pleased with what I saw and I have no complaints". Let's hope it's not a case of him being too easily impressed. People say that pre-season games are just about fitness, but I also regard them as being about experimenting with formations and tactics as well to find out what works best and who should be in what position.

For example, to my mind Brunt's position now should be left-back. His lack of mobility will limit our play if he's played wide left in midfield and he's never ever been effective when played in central midfield. I haven't been following the pre-season games very closely, but I don't think that Brunt has played at left-back as yet? I'm more than happy to be corrected on this.
why play brunt lb when gibbs is better there, brunt should be a squad player now need to move on from him his "wand" is not as good as people think

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2018, 05:55:51 PM »
why play brunt lb when gibbs is better there, brunt should be a squad player now need to move on from him his "wand" is not as good as people think
I actually agree with Brunt not starting, but I think Darren will want him in the side somewhere and seems to be willing to put him in a round hole to accomplish that.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
Great trip , dreadful game . A big thanks to Aberdeen fans for being very welcoming
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:30:48 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »
I actually agree with Brunt not starting, but I think Darren will want him in the side somewhere and seems to be willing to put him in a round hole to accomplish that.

Brunt is the one player who is guaranteed to start next season in centre mid and it is to the detriment of the side not to the benefit of it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 10:48:43 PM »
Brunt is the one player who is guaranteed to start next season in centre mid and it is to the detriment of the side not to the benefit of it.

Left midfield or a second choice left back
O Albion we love you

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2018, 03:19:19 AM »
Just watched the highlights on the official site. I know its preseason but that back four looked shaky and out of position for so many crosses.
I really hope the game was just for match fitness and not a possible back four.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: 20th July 2018 v Aberdeen (A - Friendly)
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2018, 12:27:34 PM »
Has anybody got an idea of how many Baggies are going to the Aberdeen game? I see there are 13 tickets still available on the West Brom website, but how many were available in the first place? Just wondering like! Oh, and I'm a Dons fan usually, so it"ll be super-WEIRD being in the away section for a change!  :-\

Hello James, it was good to meet you.

Albion officially announced our attendance as being 262, but I think the number was slightly higher as people were also paying on the night. Had a great evening out in Aberdeen and plenty of silly juice was consumed. The good news is that nobody was hurt in the production of this cracking night out. I don't usually drink spirits but swallowed plenty of double Brandies when I fancied a change from the beers, had a misty head in the morning though. I hope you had a good chat and evening with the Albion lads you encountered along the way.

As luck would have it I bumped into a good number of pals through the course of the night and also chatted with several newer faces. That there WBAinDevon isn't such a bad stick after all  ;D . By random chance four of us found ourselves sat in consecutive seats on the second train of the return journey. More beers were again consumed following on from a swift pint in Edinburgh ;) .

Take care pal and hope to bump into you again someday, COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.