Author Topic: Is Anyone Realtively Happy With WBA At the Moment ?  (Read 22685 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: Is Anyone Realtively Happy With WBA At the Moment ?
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2017, 01:19:04 PM »
I'm certainly not a fan of certain things in the Premier but occasionally I watch the Championship on Channel 5 , the standard and empty grounds screams out.
Its not like the times we played at that level and for that reason i prefer where we are as hard as it is at times.

Agreed. The grounds all seem half empty. Times have certainly changed since we were last there.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2017, 02:02:24 PM »
The only trouble with the Championship is that the reward for winning is promotion to the Premiership.
In my opinion, it is more fun, more exciting, more of a level playing field and success is, at least, achievable.
The Premiership, for any club outside of the big 6, is a bit dull, the media have no interest, the refs are often biased (whether consciously or not) and the players are, in the main, tools.

That being said, I would not swap with the Dingles or the Vile. They would though, in a heartbeat!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
unless something really exciting happens on the back of our damp squib fa cup efforts, players refusing to play football and the fact i can get good streams for all games my season ticket days are drawing to a close. i just dont get excited anymore and if we pay 15 million for the likes of Jake Livermore :o its most likely my arm chair awaits
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2017, 04:33:40 PM »
unless something really exciting happens on the back of our damp squib fa cup efforts, players refusing to play football and the fact i can get good streams for all games my season ticket days are drawing to a close. i just dont get excited anymore and if we pay 15 million for the likes of Jake Livermore :o its most likely my arm chair awaits
have already reached the arm chair and streaming stage but its nothing to do with the Albion its just the travelling that pees me off now. we've given our 3 season tickets to the grand kids and they love going and will buy them again next season if they still wish to attend .if I still lived down there it wouldn't be a problem ,nothing quite beats being there and stream can be hit and miss, having a few beers sitting at home isn't all its made out to be.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2017, 04:36:29 PM »
I`m happy my passion never waiver`s love English football will travel the country to watch the Baggies.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2017, 09:23:05 PM »
If you look on FB the answer would be no, as for me the answer would be yes.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2017, 08:33:41 AM »
have already reached the arm chair and streaming stage but its nothing to do with the Albion its just the travelling that pees me off now. we've given our 3 season tickets to the grand kids and they love going and will buy them again next season if they still wish to attend .if I still lived down there it wouldn't be a problem ,nothing quite beats being there and stream can be hit and miss, having a few beers sitting at home isn't all its made out to be.

love the travel definitely falling out of love with Football
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2017, 09:10:08 AM »
Not really all that happy but also realistic enough to understand that this is about as good as it gets or is going to be for the foreseeable future for our club so no point in whinging or unrealistically speculating endlessly   
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »
As my old man once said you can divorce your wife but never the team you support no matter how many times they let you down.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2017, 10:28:39 AM »
If we beat our points record this season and sign the players we need now or summer then yes as it's progress. If we break our transfer record on jake Livermore and the season fizzles to nothing after we hit pulis' magic 40 points then no
O Albion we love you

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »
I am happy, damn shame we are out of the cup though.

Also, I was relatively confident we would do business this Jan but now, even I, think that we might fluff it again.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2017, 02:03:38 PM »
8th in the league, only one match we have been outclassed in this year (spurs), scoring goals
Woulda liked a cup run but in the grand scheme of things I genuinely don't get how you cant be happy

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2017, 07:46:11 PM »
I am fairly happy in terms of league position and the fact we are now an established premier league club, but things such as the style of play, the feeling that the clubs needs some excitement/invigoration and the lack of imagination behind the scenes compared to a few years ago do take the shine off.

I just wish we were better in cup competitions. I have always wanted us to become an established mid table premier league club because I hoped when there, we would sign players who could go on to be my own generations club legends (like earlier generations have had Allen, Hope, Atsle, Brown, Regis, Cunningham and Robson) and so that we could compete in cup competitions with a realistic chance of winning something.

I have enjoyed some big names like Lukaku and Evans (although things could be better on that front if we had a bit more imagination) but I haven't yet got to see us have a cup run in either FA or League cup wince we became established in the league.
Boing Boing

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2017, 10:47:59 PM »
Start of season I was apprehensive, especially with the take over and all that, delighted Jp left the club but suspicious of new owners can't bribe me with a pint ;). With little ambition shown in transfer window my thoughts wandered to relegation after a slow start with to be honest terrible football things began to perk up solid results helped us move into top ten and some quality football to boot but it seems that after the FA cup defeat the wind has been knocked out of my sails these feelings are been father enhanced by our lack of investment yet again in transfer window :'(