Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1184818 times)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #3100 on: May 26, 2020, 05:30:10 PM »
John I know the WHO have today given their most optimistic report yet and many foreign outlets are saying there is little or no spike in countries which are ahead of us in lifting certain restrictions not sure exactly where the September one is from though

Just asking for a link, I've been on WHO website & can't find a thing.

They have a briefing meeting planned for tomorrow.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3101 on: May 26, 2020, 05:31:58 PM »
Their one question!😁

Peston was tremendously answered. Anyway enough about political Voldemort.

Some interesting stuff coming out about test and trace. I think it's extremely important to realise it is not just a Mobile App but a raft of methods.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3102 on: May 26, 2020, 05:33:48 PM »
Professor Karol Sikora Twitter Account

"All across Europe life is feeling a lot more like normal.

People are meeting in bars, children are playing in parks, football is being played.

Just over 2 months ago the continent shut down. Opening back up would always be difficult, but it's been remarkably successful so far."
To be honest this sounds overly simple and optimistic....it may be true in some places but that's not really anything like the overall picture surely ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3103 on: May 26, 2020, 05:36:55 PM »

Some interesting stuff coming out about test and trace. I think it's extremely important to realise it is not just a Mobile App but a raft of methods.
I hope so, because the mobile app is as dead as a dodo. as an effective tool. There really isn't any short cut for test and trace. Having said that though, seeing the packed beaches and parks these last couple of days, if we get a second spike all methods of controlling the spread are facing an uphill struggle.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 06:44:07 PM by timdon »

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3104 on: May 26, 2020, 05:40:39 PM »

Missed most of it but did I hear correctly the app won’t be ready then went on to state alternatives ?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3105 on: May 26, 2020, 05:57:49 PM »
To be honest this sounds overly simple and optimistic....it may be true in some places but that's not really anything like the overall picture surely ?

Found This 

This is Karol Sikora's wiki profile
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:35:06 PM by baggiejohn »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3106 on: May 26, 2020, 08:03:14 PM »

Sorry, I really don’t know. But he normally is accurate and up to speed with things, he is an ex-Director of the WHO.

You could go to his account and ask him yourself
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3107 on: May 26, 2020, 09:32:06 PM »
Excellent news about PPE.
Just in time. Phew!!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3108 on: May 26, 2020, 11:24:23 PM »
Britain's first coronavirus medicine is approved and can shorten recovery time
Regulators have approved Britain’s first medicine to treat coronavirus – a drug intended for use on Ebola victims.

Some good news.

Clinical trials suggest remdesivir can shorten recovery time for Covid-19 sufferers by an average of four days, from 15 to 11.

Formal licence approval takes months but the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency said the anti-viral drug can be prescribed before this is complete.

Hospital doctors can give remdesivir to Covid-19 patients aged over 12, while clinical trials with manufacturer Gilead Sciences continue.

The move boosts efforts to find an effective treatment and improve NHS capacity to cope with a potential second wave of the disease.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3109 on: May 26, 2020, 11:28:13 PM »
Regulators have approved Britain’s first medicine to treat coronavirus – a drug intended for use on Ebola victims.

Some good news.

Clinical trials suggest remdesivir can shorten recovery time for Covid-19 sufferers by an average of four days, from 15 to 11.

Formal licence approval takes months but the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency said the anti-viral drug can be prescribed before this is complete.

Hospital doctors can give remdesivir to Covid-19 patients aged over 12, while clinical trials with manufacturer Gilead Sciences continue.

The move boosts efforts to find an effective treatment and improve NHS capacity to cope with a potential second wave of the disease.

Gilead, the name of the rogue state in the superb dystopian novel and TV show The Handmaid's Tale, there has to be a conspiracy theory in that lot?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3110 on: May 27, 2020, 08:41:24 AM »
Gilead, the name of the rogue state in the superb dystopian novel and TV show The Handmaid's Tale, there has to be a conspiracy theory in that lot?

If infertility is a side effect let's sidestep that one! I don't fancy living in Gilead!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3111 on: May 27, 2020, 08:47:39 AM »

Some good news.

The expert who was just on breakfast news was saying that this drug would be used on patients that need oxygen in hospital - so the Boris type cases I guess, those that need oxygen not the more severe cases that need ventilators. He was pretty positive about the number of promising developments that are being developed resulting from the huge amount of investment and research around the world.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3112 on: May 27, 2020, 09:23:19 AM »
It's easy to forget that this virus has only been with us a short time so any breakthrough with medicine is remarkable, scientists and doctors are literally learning about it by each passing day, given time they'll have enough data from tests to improve treatment and create a vaccine but sadly we'll lose people during that time

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3113 on: May 27, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »
I read that the US has been using remdesivir since early April with positive results.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3114 on: May 27, 2020, 10:41:09 AM »
Coronavirus has been 'taken off the streets' in Ireland

Covid-19 has been moved off the streets of Ireland and is mainly being spread among households, the chief clinical officer has said.

Colm Henry said the number of contacts of people confirmed with Covid-19 is now less than three.

The coronavirus death toll in Ireland rose to 1,615 on Tuesday after a further nine were announced.

There were another 37 cases of Covid-19 confirmed on Tuesday, taking the total to 24,735.

Dr Henry told RTE Morning Ireland there has been a 70 per cent reduction in the number of people in intensive care units and the same reduction in the number of people in hospitals across Ireland.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3115 on: May 27, 2020, 11:16:52 AM »
Coronavirus in the UK. Number of Lab confirmed Covid 19 coronavirus cases in the UK.

London 26,840, 

North West 25,158

South East 21,235

West Midlands 16,634

Scotland 15,185

Yorkshire & The Humber 13,956

East Of England 13,819

Wales 13,556

North East 9,952

East Midlands 8,914

South West 7,553

Northern Ireland 4,637

As of 26th May 2020 @ 9am

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3116 on: May 27, 2020, 11:28:55 AM »
It's easy to forget that this virus has only been with us a short time so any breakthrough with medicine is remarkable, scientists and doctors are literally learning about it by each passing day, given time they'll have enough data from tests to improve treatment and create a vaccine but sadly we'll lose people during that time

I don't think this is new medication.

Allegedly, the virus causing covid19 displays similar characteristics to Ebola, leading to trials with the medication developed for Ebola.
I understand, there are similar trials going on with the medication developed for Aids.

I believe there's a WHO press briefing scheduled for sometime today, we might know more after that

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3117 on: May 27, 2020, 11:56:35 AM »
Was just thinking about possible localised lockdowns , imagine if in past years the Wrenna had been locked down but the Priory was allowed to carry on normally !!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3118 on: May 27, 2020, 12:57:33 PM »
Was just thinking about possible localised lockdowns , imagine if in past years the Wrenna had been locked down but the Priory was allowed to carry on normally !!

I know what you mean there mate. I think they have had their own "lockdowns" in the past.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3119 on: May 27, 2020, 12:59:29 PM »

What do you regard as normal on the Priory?  ???
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3120 on: May 27, 2020, 01:21:24 PM »
Just the odd bit of mayhem ! :D ;D

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3121 on: May 27, 2020, 04:49:14 PM »
‘I have been forbidden from announcing any more targets’ says Johnson ! Unbelievable the tail really is wagging the dog !

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3122 on: May 27, 2020, 04:58:09 PM »
Well it's not like it used to be that's for sure, a lot more civilised.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3123 on: May 27, 2020, 05:03:51 PM »
Well it's not like it used to be that's for sure, a lot more civilised.
It’s been pretty much pulled down and rebuilt

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3124 on: May 27, 2020, 06:09:48 PM »
NHS Test and Trace goes live tomorrow.