Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 773407 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3050 on: October 05, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »
bored already thinking about the international break
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3051 on: October 09, 2018, 12:21:57 PM »
bored even moreso now. can anyone explain what this new competition is. Spain on Friday then Croatia Monday

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3052 on: October 09, 2018, 12:31:38 PM »
bored even moreso now. can anyone explain what this new competition is. Spain on Friday then Croatia Monday

Fill your boots.

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2079553.html
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3053 on: October 09, 2018, 12:43:59 PM »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3054 on: October 09, 2018, 01:36:17 PM »

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3055 on: October 10, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
It’s really not that difficult to understand:

Group of 3, play each other home and away.
- Winner goes to the semi final. Win that and the final, you win the tournament and qualify for the Euros.
- Finish 2nd stay the same.
- Finish bottom you get relegated

Simple.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3056 on: October 12, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »
a must win tonight then

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3057 on: October 12, 2018, 07:58:39 PM »
Pathetic atmosphere. England supporters should have been allowed

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3058 on: October 13, 2018, 12:05:52 AM »
Christ only me chatting lol. Speaks volume for the national side Boingboing

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3059 on: October 13, 2018, 01:38:33 AM »
Not on (normal) TV I'm afraid Devon, I used to love watching England matches!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3060 on: October 13, 2018, 03:41:47 AM »
I tried watching some of it in the U.S.. Finally gave up after Rashford passed the ball to the Croatian keeper twice in two minutes.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3061 on: October 13, 2018, 10:51:57 AM »
Christ only me chatting lol. Speaks volume for the national side Boingboing

I think people obviously get involved when the World Cup finals are on and to a slightly lesser degree the European Championships because the whole nation gets carried on a media wave. Other than that I'd argue that most people are just not interested in international football these days.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3062 on: October 15, 2018, 10:02:22 PM »
brilliant result against spain, really entertaining match to watch and the 1st to beat them on home soil for 38 games according to sky.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3063 on: October 15, 2018, 10:35:47 PM »
brilliant result against spain, really entertaining match to watch and the 1st to beat them on home soil for 38 games according to sky.

Played well. Barkley and winks added abit more dynamism to our game. Prefer the 433 as it allows us to play both rashford and sterling.

Shame we didn't get that goal in Croatia we would be joint top. Need Croatia to not lose at home v Spain and we have a chance
O Albion we love you

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3064 on: October 15, 2018, 11:41:12 PM »
Really enjoyed the highlights, good stuff!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3065 on: October 15, 2018, 11:49:13 PM »
Really enjoyed the highlights, good stuff!

And there was me posting extended highlights in the Woodman because I forgot they were going to be on ITV  ;D . We were clinical, but from the minutes I saw we certainly rode our luck. Would have liked to watch the game 'live' but I don't/won't have Sky and couldn't be doing with spending the evening down the local three out of four nights  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3066 on: October 16, 2018, 07:07:09 PM »
Watching the under 21s on BBC website at the moment (i think itis BBC Alba English language coverage).

Reiss Nelson, on loan at Hoffenheim from Arsenal has bent a free kick in from 30 yards.

Frightening amount of talent throughout the English youth teams at the moment. We actually seem to be developing a number of different p)ayers now, not just fast, pacey ones.

Just need better, deep lying ones now.
Boing Boing

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3067 on: October 18, 2018, 09:54:12 AM »
Thank god normal football season is back after the break, a few years ago my passion was moreso for England. not anymore

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3068 on: November 04, 2018, 12:00:14 PM »
Rooney is coming out of retirement to play in England v USA. Good to see that the domestic calendar is getting put on hold for a testimonial game. Takes the "meaningless friendly" label to a whole new level.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3069 on: November 12, 2018, 03:32:07 PM »
Just watched a short video of Sherwood and Saunders debating about the 'Rooney' game.

What are peoples thoughts on the England v USA game this week and Rooney getting another cap as a 'farewell.'

I understand the money raised is going to charity and its to raise the profile in USA further etc etc, but what are your thoughts on him getting another cap.

It hasn't been earnt on merit/form. Could it potentially take away the chance for Callum Wilson to get some international minutes...

I find it bizarre to be honest and a little embarrassing. I get that he has achieved a lot for England in terms of caps and goals but this seems strange to me.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3070 on: November 13, 2018, 09:06:44 AM »
Just watched a short video of Sherwood and Saunders debating about the 'Rooney' game.

What are peoples thoughts on the England v USA game this week and Rooney getting another cap as a 'farewell.'

I understand the money raised is going to charity and its to raise the profile in USA further etc etc, but what are your thoughts on him getting another cap.

It hasn't been earnt on merit/form. Could it potentially take away the chance for Callum Wilson to get some international minutes...

I find it bizarre to be honest and a little embarrassing. I get that he has achieved a lot for England in terms of caps and goals but this seems strange to me.

Pretty sure none of the gate receipts are going towards his charity. This shouldn't be an internationally recognised fixture, it's embarrassing.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3071 on: November 13, 2018, 09:43:06 AM »
Pretty sure none of the gate receipts are going towards his charity. This shouldn't be an internationally recognised fixture, it's embarrassing.

That's correct, I believe gate receipts etc are going to a charity of FA choice, Rooney will be able to collect for his charity outside of the turnstiles etc or something along those lines.

Which makes the whole thing even more bizarre in my opinion.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3072 on: November 13, 2018, 10:07:13 AM »
That's correct, I believe gate receipts etc are going to a charity of FA choice, Rooney will be able to collect for his charity outside of the turnstiles etc or something along those lines.

Which makes the whole thing even more bizarre in my opinion.

So fans have paid a fair whack to get there and get tickets for what is now effectively a testimonial, only to be greeted with charity buckets outside the ground.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3073 on: November 13, 2018, 10:07:54 AM »
Not fantastically bothered about him getting another cap to be honest. This is a meaningless game where the gate receipts are going to charity. If Rooney plays then it will get many extra bums on seats and increase the charity contribution.

We probably need to remember the contribution Wayne has made to English football, both for club and country - a fantastic player in his day and still a force to be reckoned with. A quick check on Wiki tells you that he played for England 119 times and scored 53 goals, which is a phenominal return at that level. 
MAGA!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3074 on: November 13, 2018, 10:10:14 AM »
Not fantastically bothered about him getting another cap to be honest. This is a meaningless game where the gate receipts are going to charity. If Rooney plays then it will get many extra bums on seats and increase the charity contribution.

We probably need to remember the contribution Wayne has made to English football, both for club and country - a fantastic player in his day and still a force to be reckoned with. A quick check on Wiki tells you that he played for England 119 times and scored 53 goals, which is a phenominal return at that level.

I don't think anyone is disputing he made a fantastic effort for his country, although let's be honest he had one good tournament which is a poor return. And just to reiterate, the gate receipts aren't going to charity:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/06/fa-refuses-hand-gate-receipts-charity-wayne-rooneys-last-england/