Author Topic: Paul Gascoigne  (Read 10141 times)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Paul Gascoigne
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:39:41 PM »
Just seen pictures in the paper and things are not looking good for him. He has had well documented problems with Alcohol with many well known people have offered him help.
Not sure wether to feel sorry for him as the only person that can really do it is himself.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Paul Gascoigne
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 04:36:28 PM »
i do not feel sorry one bit for this idiot . bloke will not stop till he is dead and thats only a matter of time . had it all and wasted it .

Baggieman1805

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 06:50:55 PM »
i do not feel sorry one bit for this idiot . bloke will not stop till he is dead and thats only a matter of time . had it all and wasted it .

Totally agree, great talent as a footballer but incapable of behaving in a responsible way in any form

If he recovers this time, he'll be paraded around in the media to make us feel sorry for him again

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 10:44:28 AM »
I see Kenny Sansom is drinking again
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 12:32:42 PM »
I see Kenny Sansom is drinking again
Saw a clip of him on youtube of him on the Jeremy Kyle show, they had arranged a expensive rehab for him at a top clinic but when the car came to pick him up outside the studio he refused to get in, was all very embarrassing.
"This crack is really moreish."

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 06:46:37 PM »
Posts deleted.

We're better than that.

Either discuss Gascoigne and the issues at hand or don't post in the thread at all.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 11:59:25 AM »
My brother was an alcoholic.
Fantastic, gifted guitarist. Just a pub band, but back in the 80s he had women all over him, packed crowds, the lot. He was funny and well liked.

The booze got hold of him and changed him. I've seen it all and I came to be really very angry with him. He died in October when all of his organs failed and I can finally think of the man he used to be.

It's plain wrong to be judgemental; I've seen enough of this to know that it really is like a disease. The term urine head is literally derived from the fact that the urea has nowhere to go but your brain once your liver is screwed. After that you are fighting a losing battle pretty much. You can say all you like about 'they shouldn't have let it get that far in the first place' but sorry, that's just really naïve and may I say a bit pious.

It makes you very angry, I can tell you that. But it's sad all the way, so yes I feel sorry for Gascoigne. He was a little boy who got all the sweets and then the school bully nicked them and he never got them back.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »
My brother was an alcoholic.
Fantastic, gifted guitarist. Just a pub band, but back in the 80s he had women all over him, packed crowds, the lot. He was funny and well liked.

The booze got hold of him and changed him. I've seen it all and I came to be really very angry with him. He died in October when all of his organs failed and I can finally think of the man he used to be.

It's plain wrong to be judgemental; I've seen enough of this to know that it really is like a disease. The term urine head is literally derived from the fact that the urea has nowhere to go but your brain once your liver is screwed. After that you are fighting a losing battle pretty much. You can say all you like about 'they shouldn't have let it get that far in the first place' but sorry, that's just really naïve and may I say a bit pious.

It makes you very angry, I can tell you that. But it's sad all the way, so yes I feel sorry for Gascoigne. He was a little boy who got all the sweets and then the school bully nicked them and he never got them back.

So was my dad. Complete and utter urine head, violent with it.
I feel no sorrow or pity for alcoholics, most of them don't want to come off the sauce. The people I feel sorry for are the people around them that have to follow them around and put out the 'fires that they light'
If you look at Gaza just look at the amount of help that's been offered and turned down. They have to want to be cured themselves.
It's like smokers that have limbs amputated because of vascular disease and still carry on smoking.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 12:58:13 PM »
So was my dad. Complete and utter urine head, violent with it.
I feel no sorrow or pity for alcoholics, most of them don't want to come off the sauce. The people I feel sorry for are the people around them that have to follow them around and put out the 'fires that they light'
If you look at Gaza just look at the amount of help that's been offered and turned down. They have to want to be cured themselves.
It's like smokers that have limbs amputated because of vascular disease and still carry on smoking.

Our kid was never violent, but I do see what you mean. As I said there was a lot of anger around him and I till feel a lot of it. I think I was trying to get across that you can feel a gamut of emotions around the whole situation.....
And what I will say was he was selfish through it. I think the 'selfish gene' might be prevalent in all of them.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 02:44:59 PM »
Posts deleted.

We're better than that.

Either discuss Gascoigne and the issues at hand or don't post in the thread at all.

Out of interest, why was that in poorer taste than celebrities to kick the bucket?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 06:38:54 PM »
Out of interest, why was that in poorer taste than celebrities to kick the bucket?

There's a disclaimer on the Woodman which states jokes of adult nature which some may find distasteful hence the post restriction.

This in one of our main forums and I'm not going to have that game, which was then described as fun being a lead topic on this board which is then viewable to all.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 07:02:28 PM »
accept my appologies for using the word fun reference footballers hitting the bottle,considering it killed my brother I should have thought about it before i wrote.

good luck Gazza in your recovery Englands greatest footballer since Bobby Moore
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:13:53 PM by WBAinDEVON »

BB74

• Senior Baggie

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 05:56:04 PM »
bloke is a mess . needs locking up under the mental health act standing in the street with his bits hanging out , getting gin and fags . only a matter of time before 6ft under .

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2016, 05:59:53 PM »
Poor bloke - such a fantastic talent. He needs help, but he has had it so many times before....very sad.
MAGA!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 06:23:03 PM »
what a crying shame, it would appear he is beyond repair

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 06:51:38 PM »
bloke is a mess . needs locking up under the mental health act standing in the street with his bits hanging out , getting gin and fags . only a matter of time before 6ft under .

Yes smosher! that seems the only course of action. People have paid lots of money to send him to rehab and its not working. He cannot do it himself and sadly to say he carries on the way he is going he will kill himself.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 11:29:11 PM »
Surely it has to be time for the press to stop following him around and for people to stop taking opportunist pic's.

He appears to have lost his sense of self and dignity.

No need for it to be splashed across the papers and social media.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 09:54:44 AM »
My heart bleeds for those around him, it must be hell, (if there is anyone left that is!)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 10:04:31 AM »
The outcome of this saga is inevitable
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 02:10:38 PM »
The outcome of this saga is inevitable

whats the latest?

Scruffy Stan

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »
I think he checked into rehab (again) last week.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »
I think he checked into rehab (again) last week.

yes i heard that. his latest pic hes wearing a super hero onesie

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »
didn't he "help the old bill with enquiries' last week after a hotel disturbance?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 04:09:52 PM »
didn't he "help the old bill with enquiries' last week after a hotel disturbance?

He was allegedly assaulted/pushed down the stairs outside a London hotel in between Christmas and New Year, suffering a fractured skull. I presume this is the incident he is helping police with. Apparently it was first reported that he was in some sort of altercation with one of the assailants but CCTV has proved this not to be the case and Gazza was set upon apparently without provocation.