Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5135137 times)

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #16150 on: October 01, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »
Just seen the second goal also, what are we doing?

Gomes and Richarlison (scorer) completely unmarked at the back post when kick takes places. Richarlison walks along the entire area without anybody picking him up.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #16151 on: October 01, 2017, 09:49:35 AM »
The banners will be flying soon . Tony Pulis should be managing Wales not West Bromwich Albion
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #16152 on: October 01, 2017, 10:07:29 AM »
Just seen the second goal also, what are we doing?

Gomes and Richarlison (scorer) completely unmarked at the back post when kick takes places. Richarlison walks along the entire area without anybody picking him up.

What happens with richarlison is actually embarrassing there are senior pros who are supposed to be there because they are trustworthy and experienced yet no one takes responsibility . I'm convinced all is not well I saw one player basically ignore Megson at one point .

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16153 on: October 01, 2017, 10:23:14 AM »
I'm not a Pulis hater, I was pro Pulis, he's done what he was brought in for, fair enough, but that seems to be his limit!  Even I've had enough now! We are stagnating! and it's boring! I don't want to see us relegated - the 'Pulis doesn't do relegation' thing has got to run out sometime hopefully not with us, there must surely be an alternative!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16154 on: October 01, 2017, 11:38:19 AM »
Heard Robbie Savage yesterday saying we're 10th and what do we expect. The Albion caller suggested Ancelotti  ;D
the regime don't like it man

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #16155 on: October 01, 2017, 11:47:01 AM »
With the footballers we have I expect better football that's what I expect. We ain't going to get it with Pulis that's obvious given his history . If mr Lai is serious and wants to please his home market then why not ancelotti
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Wollastonbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #16156 on: October 01, 2017, 11:51:23 AM »
The way we play must be a culture shock for the newcomers like Barry, Gibbs & Krychowiack, and even Hegazi-they might have seen/been told how we play but it's another thing to play such demoralising football week in week out. Perhaps Evans is realising what he's missing by still being here (compared to what he would be doing at MC or Arsenal) and that explains his "loss of form". The old timers like Brunt must be fed up with it and I'm sure it's not how Rondon would want us to play. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not getting to a lot of the team and affecting their performances. It might have been alright when the players who were here when Pulis arrived could see that he was adding something which meant as a unit they were playing to their maximum level, or even over-achieving, but now the current squad is capable of more. Pulis 's tactics are now resulting in under-achievement and failure to get the best out of the available resources constitutes failure in any field of management not just football. We now have a decent squad capable of playing decent football. Either Pulis gets them doing that or he has to go. Mere survival with this squad just isn't good enough.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16157 on: October 01, 2017, 12:05:09 PM »
I'm a Pulis fan but not sure how much longer i can put up with the sort of football he's serving up. As others have said, we've got players with quality on the ball now yet he continues to set us up in the same way. The second half was absolutely dire yesterday. There can be no excuses for the way he set us up to defend the lead for almost the entire second half at home to Watford.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16158 on: October 01, 2017, 12:41:48 PM »
How have you been proven right ?

We have lost 1 game this season today and we were shocking. Yes Pulis made mistakes with his selection especially given the players have had a couple of training sessions together at best with Rondon possibly not getting back until Friday after playing for his country.

How about hang on a few weeks at least before starting the "proved right" comments, yes we know you don't like him you've made it pretty clear.

Today his mistakes were playing Hegazi and Evans together when they've barely trained together given the "injury" to Evans and them him going off to play for his country, he should have started with Dawson and Evans but I guess wihen McAuley is fit he will return with Dawson rightly going back to right back where despite a few moans on here he's done an excelletn job. Brunt should have been at left back and should until Gibbs gets upto speed given his lack of fitness. Livermore should have made way from the midfield to allow Barry and Krychowiak with Morrison behind Rodriguez given Rondons late return from international duty.

Can I claim to have been proven right now please?

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16159 on: October 01, 2017, 12:43:06 PM »
Heard Robbie Savage yesterday saying we're 10th and what do we expect. The Albion caller suggested Ancelotti  ;D

Savage doesn’t watch the garbage every week
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #16160 on: October 01, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »
If tony pulis was sacked or walked out who would select the next manager. Would the owner leave it up to the chairman?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16161 on: October 01, 2017, 02:02:11 PM »
If tony pulis was sacked or walked out who would select the next manager. Would the owner leave it up to the chairman?

John Williams and the UK board tend to run things so Lai wouldn't have any say in picking a new manager, which is probably for the best. The chairman and Hammond, Garlick etc would be in charge of the recruitment. How sad that we didn't bust a gut to hire Marco Silva in the summer.

Why does Pulis think screaming "go on son" constantly to the players like their children will help. His post match blame game yesterday was embarrassing as was the time wasting from Foster throughout and the ultra defensive hoof ball rubbish we served up.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16162 on: October 01, 2017, 03:38:17 PM »
I'm not a Pulis hater, I was pro Pulis, he's done what he was brought in for, fair enough, but that seems to be his limit!  Even I've had enough now! We are stagnating! and it's boring! I don't want to see us relegated - the 'Pulis doesn't do relegation' thing has got to run out sometime hopefully not with us, there must surely be an alternative!
Yes. I am starting not to care, starting not to look ahead at the fixture list, you could see that coming a mile off yesterday, and when it went in, strangely I didn't really care.  This is not WBA.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16163 on: October 01, 2017, 04:18:42 PM »
Yes. I am starting not to care, starting not to look ahead at the fixture list, you could see that coming a mile off yesterday, and when it went in, strangely I didn't really care.  This is not WBA.
[/u]
It is exactly WBA. I have lost count over the years, but is most certainly not unusual for the Albion to succumb at the very end of the game.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16164 on: October 01, 2017, 04:28:50 PM »
Well the Burnely win looks a lot better now  :D

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16165 on: October 01, 2017, 05:54:43 PM »
[/u]
It is exactly WBA. I have lost count over the years, but is most certainly not unusual for the Albion to succumb at the very end of the game.
Yes that bit is, I know, but the way we played wasn't - I wouldn't have minded a rollicking 2-2 draw!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16166 on: October 01, 2017, 07:41:47 PM »
Hey Wollaston,here's a thought everyone says that we study players who may be what we need,characters etc,don't you think that these players know all about WBA and TP before they come to us?
I think they know exactly what to expect,they can't really complain can they?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16167 on: October 01, 2017, 08:01:12 PM »
I think it may be necessary to take a step backwards before we can move any further forwards
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

crocodile007

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #16168 on: October 01, 2017, 08:03:52 PM »
For me it's a case of "what's the point going to the game" - if all that matters are results (which are pooh anyway lately) why not just check the scores at full time to see how we have done. It's absolute dross. I would genuinely like to hear why anyone would still defend pulis.
How can anyone justify what we are watching with the players we have? It's not even like the results have been great.
He will get no support from me until he at least attempts to improve the playing style. Sadly I think I'll be in for a long wait.

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16169 on: October 01, 2017, 08:18:03 PM »
For me it's a case of "what's the point going to the game" - if all that matters are results (which are pooh anyway lately) why not just check the scores at full time to see how we have done. It's absolute dross. I would genuinely like to hear why anyone would still defend pulis.
How can anyone justify what we are watching with the players we have? It's not even like the results have been great.
He will get no support from me until he at least attempts to improve the playing style. Sadly I think I'll be in for a long wait.

My bigger point is most teams in this division play "bad football" so you will most likely replace TP with a guy who coaches a similar way but has a more fancy name. If you just look at the bottom half of the PL table how many of them will you consider play exciting football?

That is just the nature of the PL where mid table teams resort to punting long balls and defending. I have heard West Ham/Stoke/Everton/Southampton fans all say they aren't exciting.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16170 on: October 01, 2017, 09:08:46 PM »
My bigger point is most teams in this division play "bad football" so you will most likely replace TP with a guy who coaches a similar way but has a more fancy name. If you just look at the bottom half of the PL table how many of them will you consider play exciting football?

That is just the nature of the PL where mid table teams resort to punting long balls and defending. I have heard West Ham/Stoke/Everton/Southampton fans all say they aren't exciting.

I understand your point but there's bad football and then there's us.

Wollastonbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #16171 on: October 01, 2017, 09:27:29 PM »
As I said Liverbaggie, it may be 1 thing knowing about something and another actually living it. The gloss of premier league football, first team appearances and big money might become a little dull when the reality of Pulisball is encountered on a regular basis.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #16172 on: October 01, 2017, 09:30:30 PM »
I understand your point but there's bad football and then there's us.
Even when our football is meant to be so bad we've scored more goals and had more attempts on goal than Swansea (managed by so say progressive coach with experience of very big clubs) and money bags Everton with Koeman in charge. Throw in Burnley, Brighton (far more negative against Arsenal than we were), Palace. We are not quite as bad as we think.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16173 on: October 01, 2017, 10:02:45 PM »
Even when our football is meant to be so bad we've scored more goals and had more attempts on goal than Swansea (managed by so say progressive coach with experience of very big clubs) and money bags Everton with Koeman in charge. Throw in Burnley, Brighton (far more negative against Arsenal than we were), Palace. We are not quite as bad as we think.

I do understand your point, but I'd argue that only Everton has a better squad than us out of those you name. And my personal view is that none of those teams deploy 10 behind the ball, time wasting and hoof tactics quite like we do.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16174 on: October 01, 2017, 10:12:20 PM »
I also saw Foster sort of remonstrate with the ballboy,I imagine telling him to slowdown a bit.
I mean experienced players being told by the head coach to slowdown or waste time I find reprehensible and hard to believe myself,how much time does it actually waste over 90 mins?
I think it puts too much pressure on the players who are trying to win a match and they have to think about wasting time as well,keep it simple for the players please.its also embarrassing for us fans to watch.its blatant and obvious and it makes bookings inevitable for what,a few less seconds.