Author Topic: 14th July 2018 Swindon Town 1 Albion 3  (Read 7819 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: 14th July 2018 v Swindon Town (A - Friendly)
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 08:45:11 PM »
For the first 60 minutes, despite taking the lead, we were comfortably outplayed but with the absence of any senior defenders we struggled to defend with any solidity and struggled to get the ball out from the back. Livermore, JRod and Kyle Edwards were probably the players who looked like they had a touch of class about them. Number 5 who I think was Jack Fitzwater looked on another level to the rest of the defence and could probably play a part in and around the first team squad but I'd be worried if he was our first or second choice back up CB. Good prospect but don't think he is quite ready for this season. Brunt was woeful in central midfield but it always takes him a whole to get his fitness up.

During the second game take a bow Gareth Barry. He was on a different level to anybody else on that pitch, admittedly against a second string Swindon side (I think). If he turns up I feel he could be a really important player this season and it was great to see him come over and clap the fans. Matt Phillips looked fit and sharp and again Kyle Edwards impressed until he came off. Burke had a few useful runs and touches too. I also though the tall lad at the back who came on looked nice and solid but his name escaped me.

Richardson and Reo-Coker are not what we are looking for and we absolutely should not be offering either of them a contract.

Overall I think we will be in good shape come the start of the season and we will get a clearer picture during the Aberdeen game.

He's not a central midfielder, never has been, never will be.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill