Author Topic: Dear Mr Peace  (Read 28168 times)

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

Re: Dear Mr Peace
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2014, 08:59:15 PM »
Thought this was a thread about Mr Peace, however a mod seems to be taking it off thread.

As I say Mr Peace, will have to make sure he gets things right, he is the one on borrowed time @ £1m a season payment.  :-X

Yeah, since Peace has got involved it's been tough hasn't it?

Is it 7 seasons in the Prem? some great promotion campaigns, 2 visits to Wembley, top Midland club on a few occasions?

The clubs been totally and utterly transformed since he took over, if it was easy to run a football club how come so many of our competitors with far greater resources make such a pigs ear of it?

This season's clearly a struggle, as they all are at this level, it's just that we've exceeded just about every expectation over the past 3 seasons, but we can avoid relegation, and hopefully get back on track in the Summer but in this crazy business you only need one bad season for it all to come crashing down, sometimes regardless of how hard you fire fight.

The blokes probably the most astute football club owner in the modern game but he's not some miracle worker is he and it's not always going to be plain sailing is it?

Personally I'm okay with Peace in charge.

fireymoosse

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2014, 09:51:16 PM »
Yeah, since Peace has got involved it's been tough hasn't it?

Is it 7 seasons in the Prem? some great promotion campaigns, 2 visits to Wembley, top Midland club on a few occasions?

The clubs been totally and utterly transformed since he took over, if it was easy to run a football club how come so many of our competitors with far greater resources make such a pigs ear of it?

This season's clearly a struggle, as they all are at this level, it's just that we've exceeded just about every expectation over the past 3 seasons, but we can avoid relegation, and hopefully get back on track in the Summer but in this crazy business you only need one bad season for it all to come crashing down, sometimes regardless of how hard you fire fight.

The blokes probably the most astute football club owner in the modern game but he's not some miracle worker is he and it's not always going to be plain sailing is it?

Personally I'm okay with Peace in charge.

Quite a good response, well done, like the points you have made.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2014, 10:45:15 PM »
peace has been astute keeping us in the premier and balancing the books,i think he would have been put under pressure from the fans a long time ago but for ashworth uncovering a few football bargains,what peace does is purely for his own self interest and finances,he bought out shares ruthlessly,he then told us he would sell the club ,but there were no buyers at his price,[not the price he told us and the newspapers],whilst he is in charge we will get nowhere,if you count getting relegated and promoted every few seasons as success which we appear to this plays straight into his hands

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2014, 11:02:48 PM »
peace has been astute keeping us in the premier and balancing the books,i think he would have been put under pressure from the fans a long time ago but for ashworth uncovering a few football bargains,what peace does is purely for his own self interest and finances,he bought out shares ruthlessly,he then told us he would sell the club ,but there were no buyers at his price,[not the price he told us and the newspapers],whilst he is in charge we will get nowhere,if you count getting relegated and promoted every few seasons as success which we appear to this plays straight into his hands

nowhere  :o

So the Premier League is nowhere now-a-days?

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2014, 08:58:01 PM »
why do you always get an easy ride, especially this season
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite