Author Topic: Dwight Gayle (at Newcastle)  (Read 235052 times)

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

Re: Dwight Gayle (on loan swap from Newcastle)
« Reply #1125 on: August 08, 2019, 07:14:02 PM »
Yes, im glad he stayed at Newcastle if we didn't get him..
I've heard they signed Andy Carroll, so he won't get much game time.
They might? Big lump little fox?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1126 on: August 08, 2019, 07:35:04 PM »
Gayle is now history

Thanks

Move on  :D

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1128 on: August 08, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »
According to the Newcastle Chronicle Albion has agreed a season loan with a fee of £5m, with an option to buy if promoted valued at £15m. It was Gayle who turned the move down they say. So much for how he loved Albion.

It’s a job to these blokes, with a relatively short lifespan, so they will almost always do what is right for them, which is of course as it should be.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1129 on: August 08, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/exclusive-dwight-gayle-fight-newcastle-16725025.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Looks like he did turn down as loan move

No issue with that, he wanted a permanent move and we weren't foolish enough to offer it. He's of absolutely no use to us aged 30 and in the Premier League (ie next season)  8)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1130 on: August 08, 2019, 07:43:10 PM »
He'll probably go out on loan somewhere in Jan just to get the splinters out of his backside.  Did us fair though, can't complain, it wasn't really his fault we couldn't keep a clean sheet last time.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1131 on: August 08, 2019, 07:45:16 PM »
According to the Newcastle Chronicle Albion has agreed a season loan with a fee of £5m, with an option to buy if promoted valued at £15m. It was Gayle who turned the move down they say. So much for how he loved Albion.

It’s a job to these blokes, with a relatively short lifespan, so they will almost always do what is right for them, which is of course as it should be.

If this is reliable I don't think Albion fans can complain about the effort the club put into trying to get him back to the club. Some might argue they went too far.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1132 on: August 08, 2019, 07:52:38 PM »
I think most fans would have expected on the back of his performances last season, that we went back in for him a second time. It certainly looks like Dowling and Co. gave it a good go. I can also see why Gayle would prefer a permanent deal which we weren't able to offer. But now its done, I wonder what he will think if it means sitting on the bench at Newcastle with little or no game time. Maybe by January, he will be seeing things a little differently.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:54:48 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1133 on: August 08, 2019, 08:04:07 PM »
Exclusive: Dwight Gayle signals desire to fight for #nufc after TWO Championship moves break down.

#wba had agreed season-long loan with £15m permanent deal - but Gayle turned it down. Stoke also made bid. Details: https://t.co/SHXNlW9D0d  Well you can't say we didn't try .So he would rather keep the bench warm Oh well  onwards and upwards .Let's get behind the lads of 2019 COYB

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1134 on: August 08, 2019, 08:14:31 PM »
Dodged a bullet their methinks! Looks like more goal scoring options in the side now.Which to my mind is better than relying on one ageing striker. Loved him when here but looking forward to next season.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1135 on: August 08, 2019, 09:42:38 PM »

We are now a very different side to the one he played in last season....

I think he may have loved his time here...  rather than loved the club ;)
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Dwight Gayle (at Newcastle)
« Reply #1136 on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:35 PM »
Tom Ross is now saying Blues where trying hard to sign him

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1137 on: August 08, 2019, 10:02:32 PM »
Dwight who? Too far in the past for me.  lol

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1138 on: August 08, 2019, 10:07:10 PM »

No issue with that, he wanted a permanent move and we weren't foolish enough to offer it. He's of absolutely no use to us aged 30 and in the Premier League (ie next season)  8)

Agree entirely with this.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1139 on: August 08, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »
bonus is that none of our rivals managed to sign him either.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1140 on: August 08, 2019, 10:19:47 PM »

He had a permanent deal on the table but stoke couldn’t afford his wages , or Gayle wouldn’t drop his wage demands. So he didn’t want a permanent move that bad mate
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 07:11:54 AM by wbarenno »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1141 on: August 08, 2019, 10:29:34 PM »
"I've heard they signed Andy Carroll, so he won't get much game time."

Sorry, must differ there. With Carroll's injury record I reckon Gayle will be playing most matches.
Joe Linton
SAN maxim
Caroll
Gayle

In that order
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1142 on: August 08, 2019, 11:09:06 PM »
At £15 million quid, i'm glad he turned us down. It's way, way too much money for a player who has a limited shelf life now and who has never adapted to the top flight.

Great championship player but probably wouldn't have suited us this season anyway.

As for the Blues interest, how have they gone from money troubles to this all of a sudden?
Boing Boing

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1143 on: August 08, 2019, 11:39:09 PM »
Dwight was great for us last season, but he was never our player and not an Albion fan. You can't blame a bloke for wanting to make the most of the years he has left if it be in the top flight.
Let's thank Dwight for his input last year, he seems a nice guy, but let's move on and support the team we have now.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1144 on: August 09, 2019, 06:51:26 AM »
pity this deal didn't come off as I think with the way our midfield is set up now we could have created many more chances than he had last season.
Last season the midfield were too slow for the forward line, could be the other way round this season
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1145 on: August 09, 2019, 08:23:21 AM »
Joe Linton
SAN maxim
Caroll
Gayle

In that order

it's Joelinton not Joe Linton....think Joe Linton plays for Blyth Spartans :D

but you are right I think about the striker pecking order.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1146 on: August 09, 2019, 10:29:57 AM »
Now that the window is over, this topic will now be locked until a time comes where we may be linked again.

For goal updates etc please use the Premier League thread in general sports.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill