Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534421 times)

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #450 on: November 02, 2013, 09:25:10 PM »
he scored a cracking goal, but mulumbu was class again.. and he's the one we cant lose
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #451 on: November 02, 2013, 09:27:53 PM »
Berahino again showed today why he has a lot of talent and serious prospects on becoming a really talented player. The goal he scored today was pure class and I think he was also good in the attacks that we had in the second half. I'm really delighted for the young lad that he is making a big impact on our season six goals already for him is a great start. Each time I see him he gets better.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #452 on: November 02, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »
Imagine what he could do in his natural position!!  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #453 on: November 02, 2013, 09:48:54 PM »

He's going to have to start playing there soon, no way Clarke can justify picking any of our others strikers over him if he keeps scoring and they don't.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #454 on: November 02, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »

I'm not sure if Saido is ready to play there yet for us. I like him on the wings for us atm.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #455 on: November 02, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
Clarke got it correct when he said that aside from his goalscoring its his all round game and defensive capabilities that really show what a good player he is.

He really supported Amalfitano on the right hand side today in what could have been a vary tough situation when Jones went off.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #456 on: November 02, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »
Clarke got it correct when he said that aside from his goalscoring its his all round game and defensive capabilities that really show what a good player he is.

He really supported Amalfitano on the right hand side today in what could have been a vary tough situation when Jones went off.

Agree with that, but that finish was so good, he hits it accurately, with power, but most of all, he takes the shot so early, very impressive.
Baggie in Southampton

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #457 on: November 02, 2013, 10:45:42 PM »
Agree with that, but that finish was so good, he hits it accurately, with power, but most of all, he takes the shot so early, very impressive.

I thought it wasn't that hard, but Saido made the most of a difficult ball after it bounced a bit awkward. To me it was more a Michu like finish not the hardest but expertly placed. Clive Allen used to score goals like that back in the day for Tottenham. SKP is another who had (has) a cool head in those situations. Know where to put it, concentrate on getting a good hit on the ball and shoot fast before the keeper is ready.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #458 on: November 02, 2013, 10:49:34 PM »
I thought it wasn't that hard, but Saido made the most of a difficult ball after it bounced a bit awkward. To me it was more a Michu like finish not the hardest but expertly placed. Clive Allen used to score goals like that back in the day for Tottenham. SKP is another who had (has) a cool head in those situations. Know where to put it, concentrate on getting a good hit on the ball and shoot fast before the keeper is ready.

More of a general comment on his finishing, its the taking it so early that sets him apart.
Baggie in Southampton

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #459 on: November 02, 2013, 10:55:50 PM »
More of a general comment on his finishing, its the taking it so early that sets him apart.

Aye, and accuracy :)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #460 on: November 02, 2013, 11:15:56 PM »
Dont really care what else he can or cant do just give him quick accurate service in the penalty area and goalkeepers are going to be demanding overtime payments,he could well go on to be a top top goalscorer ;)
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #461 on: November 02, 2013, 11:18:05 PM »
Knows where the goal is from all ranges with both feet... A very exciting prospect who should be embraced into the starting XI and allowed to show what he can do.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #462 on: November 02, 2013, 11:26:39 PM »
He's 20, not 16, play him every week if he is fit. Our best finisher by a mile.
Allllllll aboard

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #463 on: November 02, 2013, 11:49:02 PM »
He's 20, not 16, play him every week if he is fit. Our best finisher by a mile.
Exactly Lukaku was 19? If we don't play him we could lose him to someone on mega bucks who will not play him either!  ;)
In our side he looks well! 8)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #464 on: November 03, 2013, 08:25:26 AM »
I'm not sure if Saido is ready to play there yet for us. I like him on the wings for us atm.
Can't agree, would Liverpool have played micheal Owen out wide?
Yesterday he had to sit on the bench and watch an experienced forward (who's not as good as Berahino ) start the match, then due to injury he gets on, scores but is still expected to stay wide right.
If I were him I'd have reservations about signing the contract?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #465 on: November 03, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »
Can he lead the line though? I honestly don't know. Need to try him there to find out.

He has the one killer attribute that sets players like Owen, Defoe and SKP apart from average strikers - Instinct.

Watch his goal against United, and I haven't seen the goal but by the way it sounds as described by you guys sounds like it was a very instinctive goal.

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #466 on: November 03, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »
Looks like a smart, really decent young man.

I'm sure the club are in the process of tying him up on a long term deal, and he deserves it......

No doubt in the future, if he progresses at this rate, he will be a sought after player and will move on, (That's the way things work generally isn't it). The club will cash in and so will Saido.

I hope he stays and it's very much down to him I would think, he reminds me a little of Lukaku's attitude and comments of last season ..... integrity is often in short supply in our game and it would appear that Saido may just have that X factor

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #467 on: November 03, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »
I'd keep him out wide for the time being to be honest with Anichebe as the main striker, yes he's 20 and he is good enough from what we've seen so far to play in this division, not going to dispute that but he is still learning at this level and the last thing he needs is the added pressure of being the main striker, getting the rubbish kicked out of him week in week out and having a few games without a goal just for people to turn round and start knocking him. The club are doing it the right way at the moment whether thats by good judgement or just good fortune (bit of both at times). Next season is the one that will make or break him at this level for me and thats the season he could become the main striker.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

JtheMull

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #468 on: November 03, 2013, 04:21:03 PM »
Daily Mail saying that Hodgson is ready to call him up for the friendliest and maybe even the World Cup squad! Garlick needs to sign him up to a new deal now!!!
Dum. Dum dum dum dum dum.....

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #469 on: November 03, 2013, 04:44:42 PM »

I'd keep him out wide for the time being to be honest with Anichebe as the main striker, yes he's 20 and he is good enough from what we've seen so far to play in this division, not going to dispute that but he is still learning at this level and the last thing he needs is the added pressure of being the main striker, getting the rubbish kicked out of him week in week out and having a few games without a goal just for people to turn round and start knocking him. The club are doing it the right way at the moment whether thats by good judgement or just good fortune (bit of both at times). Next season is the one that will make or break him at this level for me and thats the season he could become the main striker.

I think those are all very good points, from the point of view of the player's development, It's going to be harder to maintain the longer the other strikers don't score though.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #470 on: November 03, 2013, 06:10:34 PM »
Its currently working with him out wide so why not keep him there for a while to develop his game further. I'm happy enough to see the lad come in and out of the team, no need to over do it just yet but he is doing a great job of making it very difficult for Steve Clarke not to start him regularly.

His goal yesterday was superb, found plenty of space and showed great composure with a finish any top striker would have been proud of. He must be on cloud nine at the moment.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #471 on: November 03, 2013, 09:17:11 PM »
Its currently working with him out wide so why not keep him there for a while to develop his game further. I'm happy enough to see the lad come in and out of the team, no need to over do it just yet but he is doing a great job of making it very difficult for Steve Clarke not to start him regularly.

His goal yesterday was superb, found plenty of space and showed great composure with a finish any top striker would have been proud of. He must be on cloud nine at the moment.
I agree. It's going to be good for Saido in his career to be versatile enough to play anywhere across the front 3. When he eventually goes to a bigger club and gets into the England squad, that versatility will help him. He's also scored at least 5 goals for us this season when filling a wide role - as long as he has license to come in and take up goal scoring positions which he seems to have, then I can't see the problem.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #472 on: November 04, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »
I agree. It's going to be good for Saido in his career to be versatile enough to play anywhere across the front 3. When he eventually goes to a bigger club and gets into the England squad, that versatility will help him. He's also scored at least 5 goals for us this season when filling a wide role - as long as he has license to come in and take up goal scoring positions which he seems to have, then I can't see the problem.
Maybe, but what if playing central he would have scored another 3?, this could be worth another 3-6 points already and (and I keep saying it) if he sees himself as a central striker it could influence the decision on signing the contract?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #473 on: November 04, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »
He's adapted to play on the wing this season, done well there. Keep playing him there. That doesn't mean he won't ever play central. Expect him there next season really!

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #474 on: November 04, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »
Maybe, but what if playing central he would have scored another 3?, this could be worth another 3-6 points already and (and I keep saying it) if he sees himself as a central striker it could influence the decision on signing the contract?

I get your point now zippy,however, I only partially agree - been held to ransom by a young whippersnapper is beyond the pale, then again he could be the striker that will make our season.
I think I will leave to  SC, thats what he is paid for ;)