Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5204708 times)

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #16900 on: October 25, 2017, 07:30:40 PM »
I have heard many say I aye going again while Pulis is there. How many will come back if he goes? and will that be straight away eg for the next home game, and no matter who the next manager is, or wait for results to pick up if they do.

I will Kev, would even get half ST if it happens before Xmas
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16901 on: October 25, 2017, 07:36:59 PM »
I'm Wheelchair bound I say this not for sympathy or any knackers like that. The Footy's a chance for me to catch up with an ablebodied friend who I rarely see between games it also gives family and one of my carer's a much needed break from having to look after me for an afternoon. What this got to do with the price of milk you may think? The thing is neither of us can stomach the playstyle anymore. For me it goes back to the Villa game where he played for a draw. I renewed as it got me out the house at least once a fortnight. I've been going regularly since Megson's first tenure. I understood when we had to play rubbish football because of the money restaints coming out of the 90's. I understand I pay less than a normal adult fan for my ST, but, I save up all year in order to buy it It's my biggest luxary spend for myself. I've explained it gives people close some time for themselves I genuinely love the club and think we should be pushing on to try for the top ten each season. Pulis grinds for 40pts and is then on the beach. Surely I can't the only one whose noticed manager's of his style have all but died out? I'm boycotting Pulis but never the club. My buddy and me may go the cinema or pub now instead of the game. As soon as pulis goes I'll be back. I do hope it soon as I miss it :(

It's a shame what the dinosaur is doing to this club and it's fans.

The premier league is slated by many for being a 'greed league'... yet there are people that are desperate for pulis to stay because they believe he is the only person suitable for us... and ironically keep us in this league that they slate.

I've asked the question many times, "what is an advantage of having pulis over anyone else"... no one can still seem to answer and all they refer to is the 'purple patch that they keep clinging onto for abit of hope... which in reality, we didn't exactly play like Barcelona.. we just improved on our dire form for a handful of months before stepping back into the reality of pulisball.

his football is trash, can't score, can't defend, can't string 2 passes together, can't keep possession, can't seem to get results....his attitude towards 'football' in general is poor, constantly trying to find excuses as to why the opposition will beat us .. along with the fact that he sla**ed our very own fans off in one particular interview... I fail to see why his love children are desperate to keep him here.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #16902 on: October 25, 2017, 07:46:38 PM »
once we are in the bottom 3 like with bomber I will start a campaign this time for sad reasons but it needs to be done not just for the love of the albion but for the love of football in general. Keith/john are you in mate
again sad to say we are embarrassing our great name with this non football that most pundits are now agreeing with
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 07:56:32 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #16903 on: October 25, 2017, 08:04:27 PM »
Anybody know how much the contract extention is for in wages? Ithink his position becomes truly untenable if we lose to Huddersfield then Chelsea finishes him off. It sicken that I want us to lose but the only thing he has left is never been relegated. People are deluded if they think he'd risk that on us.

deejay

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16904 on: October 25, 2017, 09:27:14 PM »
I've not been or here for ages but feel compelled top add to the Pulis Out campaign now that we are two points above Everton who We all know are about to improve . We needed Pulis after the Irvine , Mel disaster but blimey this is just the worst football we have ever played in our entire history . I feel the players are good enough but with Pulis barking out orders like a Sunday Morning wannabe now with added pressure of Lord Megson doing the same (Yes I am eternally grateful and I will never forget how good Gary was for the Albion, but just feel We didn't need him back) How can we expect these players to perform . We went tiny steps forward after Robson we had top half finishes with Clarke , Hodgeson and Roberto but Pulis has taken us to darker times It was more fun in Div 3 than this . We are due to be remembered forever like Stoke are (probably unfairly ) Pulis out this is anti football I live in Australia now but if I was still there I'd have to say I probably wouldn't renew my season ticket with Pulis in charge
Hoult,Mulligan,Statham,Brown,Robertson,Wile,Robson,Cunningham,Regis,Giles,Johnston. I HATE VILLA MORE THAN YOU

http://david3525.fotopic.net            http://jacksgallery.fotopic.net

deejay

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16905 on: October 25, 2017, 09:29:53 PM »
Please no Bed sheets or walk outs but You could buy a load of cheap Caps and skim em on the pitch when we go 4 down V Man City
Hoult,Mulligan,Statham,Brown,Robertson,Wile,Robson,Cunningham,Regis,Giles,Johnston. I HATE VILLA MORE THAN YOU

http://david3525.fotopic.net            http://jacksgallery.fotopic.net

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16906 on: October 25, 2017, 10:56:33 PM »
It's a shame what the dinosaur is doing to this club and it's fans.

The premier league is slated by many for being a 'greed league'... yet there are people that are desperate for pulis to stay because they believe he is the only person suitable for us... and ironically keep us in this league that they slate.

I've asked the question many times, "what is an advantage of having pulis over anyone else"... no one can still seem to answer and all they refer to is the 'purple patch that they keep clinging onto for abit of hope... which in reality, we didn't exactly play like Barcelona.. we just improved on our dire form for a handful of months before stepping back into the reality of pulisball.

his football is trash, can't score, can't defend, can't string 2 passes together, can't keep possession, can't seem to get results....his attitude towards 'football' in general is poor, constantly trying to find excuses as to why the opposition will beat us .. along with the fact that he sla**ed our very own fans off in one particular interview... I fail to see why his love children are desperate to keep him here.

Here Here

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16907 on: October 25, 2017, 11:04:24 PM »
once we are in the bottom 3 like with bomber I will start a campaign this time for sad reasons but it needs to be done not just for the love of the albion but for the love of football in general. Keith/john are you in mate
again sad to say we are embarrassing our great name with this non football that most pundits are now agreeing with
Yes Glyn count me in I wanted to start one Saturday, but I'll wait until after the Huddersfield game

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16908 on: October 26, 2017, 06:40:59 AM »
If the only circumstances that will prompt the board to dismiss Pulis is a full blown relegation scare then I accept that given Williams background it is quite likely to be a more conservative appointment than I would hope for.

However given that it is simply impossible to appoint a coach who is more defensive than Pulis even a pragmatic safe pair of hands appointment will be almost by default be more attacking than Pulis. For instance I would never regard Mark Hughes as the poster boy for progressive football but in comparison to Pulis he is rightly regarded as a more progressive manager.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16909 on: October 26, 2017, 11:10:54 AM »
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/tony-pulis-increasingly-open-about-hatred-football-friends-report

Here's a satirical article written yesterday on Pulis. Make of it what you will.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16910 on: October 26, 2017, 11:16:18 AM »
Thought you had started it last season, with all the anti Pulis posts you put up on this site.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #16911 on: October 26, 2017, 12:11:56 PM »
We may get something out of tomorrow as I've just heard a rumour from a Man City fan at work - Guardiola knows we don't shoot and on the odd occasion we do it's well wide of the mark. So he's going to play 11 outfield players with no keeper!!
 And whilst we acknowledge that game will be difficult I don't think we should think that Huddersfield is a 3 point gift. They looked pretty impressive last week and their manager seems to know what he's at. - After all they actually attack teams and try to achieve something. At best a draw.   

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #16912 on: October 27, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »
Thought you had started it last season, with all the anti Pulis posts you put up on this site.

I will if hes still here after huddersfield and we havent beaten them

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16913 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33:16 AM »

I will if hes still here after huddersfield and we havent beaten them

Huddersfield are a good team, a draw would be a decent result.
the regime don't like it man

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16914 on: October 27, 2017, 11:14:11 AM »

Grand scheme of things it would be. But seriously, you must not want much from Albion if you take that as a positive.

If that the only point we gain from the next 4 games, will you be happy?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16915 on: October 27, 2017, 11:41:13 AM »

Cannot believe I am reading that..........

Sadly given our state of play at present, it is probably true.
MAGA!

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16916 on: October 27, 2017, 11:54:14 AM »
No offense, but when fans say "they're a decent team", it sounds as though you're preparing for defeat, and looking for an excuse. As an established PL team, our aim should be to beat those below us as a minimum. Yes, the PL is a tough league, but if we're not going to try then what's the point?

TP keeps saying we work ard, but the simple fact is in football, you don't always get what you deserve. He should know this and have a plan b.

Some fans will point to Huddersfield beating Utd the other week. And that's fair enough. But a few factors need to be taken into account. Man Utd aren't the team they once were. They let in two sloppy goals, something Utd aren't known for doing. And Huddersfield hadn't beaten them for years which gave them the desire to win. They will set up differently against us.

I'm trying to avoid saying TP out, as so many fans from different clubs want their manager sacked, but something had to change as the football is atrocious.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16917 on: October 27, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
No offense, but when fans say "they're a decent team", it sounds as though you're preparing for defeat, and looking for an excuse. As an established PL team, our aim should be to beat those below us as a minimum. Yes, the PL is a tough league, but if we're not going to try then what's the point?

TP keeps saying we work ard, but the simple fact is in football, you don't always get what you deserve. He should know this and have a plan b.

Some fans will point to Huddersfield beating Utd the other week. And that's fair enough. But a few factors need to be taken into account. Man Utd aren't the team they once were. They let in two sloppy goals, something Utd aren't known for doing. And Huddersfield hadn't beaten them for years which gave them the desire to win. They will set up differently against us.

I'm trying to avoid saying TP out, as so many fans from different clubs want their manager sacked, but something had to change as the football is atrocious.

Huddersfield seem to have something that you cannot buy at present.....team spirit and believe.

Not sure we have that right now......
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16918 on: October 27, 2017, 12:12:23 PM »
You just know that Pulis will beat one of the next four opponents and draw with another, thus averaging a point a game the owners will do nothing.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #16919 on: October 27, 2017, 12:18:00 PM »

we are established with so called better players for pulis to keep his job for another week i would expect us to win this game, pressures on eh Tone

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16920 on: October 27, 2017, 12:19:32 PM »
Grand scheme of things it would be. But seriously, you must not want much from Albion if you take that as a positive.

If that the only point we gain from the next 4 games, will you be happy?

I'm always of the belief that a point away from home in the Premier League is a decent result. I think 4 points from the next 4 games would be a good return considering those fixtures contain City, Chelsea and Spurs. I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up a couple of wins though.
the regime don't like it man

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16921 on: October 27, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »

Are you Pulis? He says this about every opponent we face as another of his excuses if we don't get anything.

brett

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #16922 on: October 27, 2017, 01:18:25 PM »
Well worth a read and comparison with the way that TP treats his players
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/10/the-miracle-of-ostersund/

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16923 on: October 27, 2017, 01:35:17 PM »
Spot on, i've given Pulis a lot of time and chances but i don't feel like anythings changing anytime soon. It seems to happen every time we hit the rock bottom of our dire form chart and there's a brief glimmer of hope we'll get someone new in, options A or B seem to occur;

Option A)
He'll grab a lucky win against one of the big teams from a single goal lead (90% chance of being a headed corner) and then probably a hard earned draw somewhere (probably Huddersfield) which will SEEM like a good result. It'll be deemed a hard earned 4 points, making the owners believe that we're performing at a good level and that'll be TP in the hotseat until Jan.

Option B)
We'll get one of our shock wins against one of the big boys, playing great football and seriously showing what we can do. We'll get excited about how this might be the first signs of a massive twist in which we were all wrong. Have the little grass shoots starting to finally show after months of sunless, negative football? Is it finally our time to shine and it's all come together? Will we be playing this sort of champagne stuff every game from hereon?

Confidence will once again be restored in the idea that this is some sort of master plan. The idea that next year we'll be playing great football, fighting for top 8/10 and that we Pulis is the man to take us forward. Alas, TP has bought himself time his time until Xmas. Now with new found team spirit and confidence on our side, we'll return to our dire Plan-A tactics for another 3 months before we rinse and repeat.

Option C)
We play awful football in all 4 games, garner some poor results and this time the manager truly has lost the fans and the dressing room and his position becomes genuinely untenable. (Bear in mind that during his whole time at Stoke and with us so far, this has never been the case despite how controversial he is).

I'll take your bets now folks ;D

Seem to have all the bases covered there. I will go for option C......
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #16924 on: October 27, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »
Seem to have all the bases covered there. I will go for option C......

option D, He's toast.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!