Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197867 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #3825 on: June 25, 2020, 05:33:45 PM »
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said 43,230 people had died in hospitals, care homes and the wider community after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK as of 5pm on Wednesday, up by 149 from 43,081 the day before.

The Government figures do not include all deaths involving Covid-19 across the UK, which are thought to have passed 54,000.

The DHSC also said in the 24-hour period up to 9am on Thursday, 167,023 tests were carried out or dispatched, with 1,118 positive results. Overall, a total of 8,710,292 tests have been carried out and 307,980 cases have been confirmed positive.

That figure makes sad reading. R.I.P. to them all.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3826 on: June 25, 2020, 10:30:31 PM »
We don't want some scummy Midlanders down here bringing their Covid infested Carling cans down here messing up our beaches. :-X 8)

It doesn’t matter whether the beaches are in the South, East, West or North, it was irresponsible and very stupid to cram on to them like they have done. Idiots.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3827 on: June 25, 2020, 10:40:41 PM »
It doesn’t matter whether the beaches are in the South, East, West or North, it was irresponsible and very stupid to cram on to them like they have done. Idiots.

I was joking, but, it's amazing how much rubbish these people are leaving on the beach, hope they all go back to work soon.
Baggie in Southampton

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3828 on: June 25, 2020, 11:37:05 PM »
I think that Bournemouth council are at fault here,they should have known this would happen they should have cordoned off the beach.
 500 thousand idiots said **** to me and my wife who have had to shield and self isolate for more than 3 months,they are an embarrassment to England, what will other nations think of us?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:47:16 AM by LiamTheBaggie »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3829 on: June 25, 2020, 11:40:21 PM »
I think that Bournemouth council are at fault here,they should have known this would happen they should have cordoned off the beach.
 500 thousand idiots said **** to me and my wife who have had to shield and self isolate for more than 3 months,they are an embarrassment to England, what will other nations think of us?

I'll let you in on a secret, they're not bothered. It's all data.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:46:51 AM by LiamTheBaggie »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3830 on: June 26, 2020, 08:47:02 AM »
I'll let you in on a secret, they're not bothered. It's all data.

??? who is not bothered
Bournemouth council
The idiots or
Other nations???

what data?  I'm confused
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3831 on: June 26, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »
If you think its all going t**s up wait till next weekend. :o

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3832 on: June 26, 2020, 11:29:48 AM »
??? who is not bothered
Bournemouth council
The idiots or
Other nations???

what data?  I'm confused

Worst poem ever.  ;D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3833 on: June 26, 2020, 11:33:19 AM »
Worst poem ever.  ;D

i can do worse than that trust me !
Albion Family !!!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3834 on: June 26, 2020, 02:59:00 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53192532

Coronavirus death rate falling in hospitals.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3835 on: June 26, 2020, 03:18:09 PM »
 500 thousand idiots said f**k to me and my wife who have had to shield and self isolate for more than 3 months,they are an embarrassment to England, what will other nations think of us?
Exactly mate my Mrs as had to shield aswell, but she said to me this morning this will be shown all round the world and all they will be saying is what do you expect its the English she said it makes me ashamed.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3836 on: June 28, 2020, 05:19:15 PM »
Exactly mate my Mrs as had to shield aswell, but she said to me this morning this will be shown all round the world and all they will be saying is what do you expect its the English she said it makes me ashamed.

Il be honest with you the world already thinks this already beaches or no beaches. We’ve been crucified worldwide for our reaction to corona and rightly so in my opinion.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3837 on: June 29, 2020, 12:10:11 PM »
I've been shielding since the start, and also working from home. It's probably been the toughest yet most rewarding time of my life strangely.

It's been tough on the work front as other than "work" phone calls, I've not really had conversations with people. But on the flip side, I've seen my daughter come on so much in that time that if it was pre lockdown I would have missed it all.

Having said all that I can't wait to just get out and get back to some kind of normality. 

I've also survived the lockdown with my wife, which means if we can survive this period we can pretty much survive anything  ;D

Same here! Daughter is 20 months nearly and the last 3.5 months she has grown massively physically and mentally having us and her big sister around.

Massively rewarding time to be honest.

I’ve been furloughed 10 weeks now and I’ve recovered sufficiently from Achilles surgery that going back to work I can walk about and, more importantly, drive

Enjoyed the extended time off
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3838 on: June 30, 2020, 08:39:16 AM »
Anyone got any clue whether Leicester City must comply with this lockdown as travelling both locally and elsewhere surely can't be considered as essential. I would imagine that the local people would be a bit annoyed if they were granted an exemption but wouldn't surprise me with the power of influence the Premier League has.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3839 on: June 30, 2020, 09:10:14 AM »
Anyone got any clue whether Leicester City must comply with this lockdown as travelling both locally and elsewhere surely can't be considered as essential. I would imagine that the local people would be a bit annoyed if they were granted an exemption but wouldn't surprise me with the power of influence the Premier League has.

We have offices literally around the corner from the Kingpower (Aylestone road).
Leicester City FC can do whatever they want in and around Leicester, they are worshipped devotedly by the locals. The club does a hell of a lot in the community (often under the radar) and they are really appreciated for it.
As long as common sense is applied (testing etc) I doubt that Leicester folks will be a problem, who they are playing is another question though.
Albion Family !!!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3840 on: June 30, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »

Leicester are at home so it would be Palace going to them this weekend. As current rules allow for games to be played I assue all will go ahead as planned. However, asking a palace mate he thinks it will be switched to neutral venue.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3841 on: June 30, 2020, 10:23:57 AM »
According to Matt Hancock speaking on the BBC the match between Leicester and Palace will go ahead.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3842 on: June 30, 2020, 10:28:12 AM »
Perhaps of more significance than where Leicester will play there next game is the admission from health secretary this morning that children are spreaders thus they are shutting schools down again from Thursday. Nothing wrong with that on its own but coming just a day after Education Sec. saying parents maybe fined if they don’t send kids back September it and thus by implication everything is hunky dory,increased bubble sizes etc.It must make parents , teachers etc start to wonder just how safe things really are
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3843 on: June 30, 2020, 01:44:15 PM »
Feared the dreaded past few days, had increasingly less energy, although no other symptoms, so strange. i met a pal for a walk and a socially distanced beer on saturday, however by sunday my energy levels felt about 50 percent of what they normally are, so i just had a nap attributing it to 2 long journeys this weekend. However, since yesterday i've felt really lethargic. No other symptoms but just really drained. I'm on long term meds for arthritis and ive had this occasionally; possibly low iron, but the onset of it after a few months of being absolutely fine was so weird. Time will tell i guess! Lethargy by itself doesnt worry me too much, its if my temperature goes up or a cough develops that would be more of a concern.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3844 on: June 30, 2020, 01:59:46 PM »
Feared the dreaded past few days, had increasingly less energy, although no other symptoms, so strange. i met a pal for a walk and a socially distanced beer on saturday, however by sunday my energy levels felt about 50 percent of what they normally are, so i just had a nap attributing it to 2 long journeys this weekend. However, since yesterday i've felt really lethargic. No other symptoms but just really drained. I'm on long term meds for arthritis and ive had this occasionally; possibly low iron, but the onset of it after a few months of being absolutely fine was so weird. Time will tell i guess! Lethargy by itself doesnt worry me too much, its if my temperature goes up or a cough develops that would be more of a concern.

Don't get too lethargic, the Albion will be on the phone for tomorrow night!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:26:30 PM by MarkW »
Albion Family !!!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3845 on: June 30, 2020, 02:12:34 PM »
Don't get too lethargic, the Albion will be on the phone for tomoz night!
Oh ill be back to my bag of nerves tomorrow evening dont you worry. Although the thought of a tenner for ifollow doesnt sound all that appealing!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3846 on: June 30, 2020, 02:44:08 PM »
Oh ill be back to my bag of nerves tomorrow evening dont you worry. Although the thought of a tenner for ifollow doesnt sound all that appealing!

I won't be bothering with iFollow. We're on WM following the Blues game and I think we're on one of the Talk Sport digital channels too. Radio's better than nothing, and it's free.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3847 on: July 01, 2020, 10:22:45 PM »
Covid gave some French bloke a 4 hour erection, apparently.  Just booking Eurostar now.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3848 on: July 01, 2020, 11:37:00 PM »
Would t like to own a pub in the East Midlands this weekend  :o

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3849 on: July 02, 2020, 12:18:12 AM »
Would t like to own a pub in the East Midlands this weekend
Leicester is an area with a lot of Asians, I think this is why they are suffering.