Author Topic: 5 Oct 2019 Albion 4 Cardiff City 2  (Read 35594 times)

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2019, 06:39:52 PM »
Austin's goal is one scored by a hungry player and real goalscorer.....he still had a lot to do when he got the ball and hit it early before the two covering defenders could get to him.  Looks like he still has something to prove still after the disappointment at Soton.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2019, 06:40:41 PM »
Looked like he had a knock as he couldn't seem to run at all, think he got a kick as soon as he came on.

To be fair, Bilic kept pointing and shouting at him to stay back. Think he may have been instructed to just help see the game out and not try to take people on

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2019, 06:42:07 PM »
Great result again.

I actually didn't think we played all that great but we have goals in us all over the pitch. Thought we started sloppily for the first ten mins or so then improved then went sloppy start of the second half before losing our focus once we scored the third goal. I'm sure there will be aspects of the performance Slaven won't be happy about.

Having said the above, we were clearly the better side. Great to see Austin break his duck, when the keeper pulled off that save with his foot first half you just thought someone had put a jinx on Charlie but the took his goal well. Livermore and Sawyers had their best games for us today I thought and Pereira is absolutely awesome.

We are the Albion, we're top of the league.  8)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2019, 06:42:34 PM »
I am loving watching how we play at the moment and it was great today.  We do need to get tighter at the back though if we are going to storm this league which I now think we can.  Notably we have options of the bench as well as in the core team which is great to see, and was not really the case last year.  Good to see Colin get his usual Albion welcome...

Enjoyed him slipping over as he tried to give some back to the Smethwick the tosser

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2019, 06:42:58 PM »
Perreira got a goal and 3 assists? I know he must have got 2 assists but wasn't sure if it was his flick on for Austin's.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2019, 06:48:31 PM »
Perreira got a goal and 3 assists? I know he must have got 2 assists but wasn't sure if it was his flick on for Austin's.

Thought krov got the last assist. Livermore with Grady’s

Edit; just watched the highlights. You’re right, he got the last assist as well as Austin’s, but Livermore got Grady’s
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 06:53:08 PM by TheBrom »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2019, 07:12:56 PM »
No negative comments from the Cardiff sites about us today, thought we were the better team, and that our midfield is probably the best in this division.

One site had some fans complaining about their fans singing anti English songs, and noted that we mainly just sang about our team.

Good following from Cardiff today, their fans were well up for it in the pub earlier. The place was packed.

Nothing negative today, I thought we were excellent and we are becoming consistent. Amazed Leeds and Swansea both lost, but we are on the top by merit not luck.

Probably the best Albion team I have seen down there for a few years to be honest.
MAGA!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2019, 07:24:56 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyable day! My 13 year hoodoo of seeing no wins is over!!

The football at times was a site to behold. There are all the obvious players for praise but I’d like to praise two that I usually bash - Bartley (yet to see replays of the Cardiff goals though) and Livermore.

I did go in to the stadium though and suddenly feel a pressure to drink Peaky Blinder Lager and wear Marc Darcy clothing...
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2019, 07:56:27 PM »
Top of the league and only now just starting to click.
Happy Baggy tonight.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2019, 08:02:11 PM »
No negative comments from the Cardiff sites about us today, thought we were the better team, and that our midfield is probably the best in this division.

One site had some fans complaining about their fans singing anti English songs, and noted that we mainly just sang about our team.

Good following from Cardiff today, their fans were well up for it in the pub earlier. The place was packed.

Nothing negative today, I thought we were excellent and we are becoming consistent. Amazed Leeds and Swansea both lost, but we are on the top by merit not luck.

Probably the best Albion team I have seen down there for a few years to be honest.

Real shame we didn't give them the full allocation - typical Jenkins. Looking forward to seeing how their new ground compares to Ninian Park.

Absolute joy to watch at times to today. BOING BOING

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2019, 08:29:44 PM »
Well done to all concerned four goals, with Austin and Rom scoring. Top of the league happy days

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »
Negatives:
Still look fragile at set pieces at times
First goal was sloppy
No clean sheet
Diangana injury

Positives:
3 points
4 goals
1st league goal for Austin
Other goals for periera and diangana
1st goal for sawyers
Dominate again
Top of league
O Albion we love you

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2019, 08:46:35 PM »
The summer, and all the moans and groans about how long the managerial saga would go on and lack of recruitment seems a long time ago now doesn’t it?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2019, 09:03:14 PM »
Real shame we didn't give them the full allocation - typical Jenkins. Looking forward to seeing how their new ground compares to Ninian Park.

Absolute joy to watch at times to today. BOING BOING

No comparison at all in or out. Away fans go into a cage both cars and coaches and are let out after the game when the home fans have gone, well they did last time e played there anyhow.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2019, 09:05:44 PM »
Thought we were excellent, let them back in at 3-0 but stepped up a gear for the fourth.

Midfield excellent, Pereira man of the match for me followed by Sawyers and Livermore. Austin fully deserved that goal, hopefully a springboard for a few more.

Johnstones distribution excellent today, i'd find it hard to criticise anyone.

Still feel we need another striker as a back up but maybe Willock can force himself in to get a chance as HRK is never going to score many and the jury out on Zohore at the minute.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2019, 10:01:37 PM »
Is that 12 different scorers now this season?

Who needs a 20 goal a season striker  ;D ;D
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2019, 10:06:38 PM »

Exactly.
Who do the opposition mark and try to take out of the game?

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2019, 10:21:41 PM »

Someone said to me at the ground that every outfield player on the pitch had scored this season after Sawyers got his goal.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2019, 11:08:09 PM »
Something about this team just seems different. Everyone seems to pulling in the same direction, we’ve got loan players who seem to have bought into WBA in the same way the older heads or local youngsters have. They’re all bringing the best out of each other and some of the interchanges are a joy.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2019, 11:19:55 PM »
Someone said to me at the ground that every outfield player on the pitch had scored this season after Sawyers got his goal.

There is only Krovinovic of those on the pitch today who hasn't scored
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2019, 12:13:12 AM »
Some sublime football today . Not only have we bought some great players but Billic has improved Johnstone, Bartley, Livermore. Austin linked up well at times. I think we're a match for anyone home and away this season. This looks a real team.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2019, 06:36:54 AM »
For the record:

Attendance: 25,140
Home: 23,155
Away: 1,985

Largest gate of the season, most home fans of the season, most away fans also.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2019, 08:10:27 AM »
For the record:

Attendance: 25,140
Home: 23,155
Away: 1,985

Largest gate of the season, most home fans of the season, most away fans also.

Shows what a 3pm kick off on a Saturday does. Especially when we’re playing well

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2019, 09:03:13 AM »
Great win, apart from a few nerves at 3-2, but we kept battling and got a deserved fourth. Feeling so positive about the club at the moment. It’s an absolute joy to watch, and long may it continue. 2 weeks at the top and I’m on my holidays, doesn’t get better than this  :D

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2019, 09:14:59 AM »
With the dust settled, me having sobered up and having time to look back at footage of the game I have concerns about the goals we conceded. On another day that might cost us.

First one, there is a mix up in midfield but Ajayi and Bartley just don't deal with the runner at all. There has to be communication here, Bartley has to be yelling to Ajayi to go with the man, Bartley has the better overall view of the situation. Ajayi just doesn't seem to know what to do he just stands there and does nothing. Bartley, sensing that Ajayi is not set to cover the run has to get across quicker, instead he sort of ambles across. Poor defending all round.

Second one, free header from a corner. That is never good enough. Ajayi appears to be the closest man to the goalscorer, though the camera angle isn't the best.

I know we will concede goals but in a game like yesterday, 3-0 up at home and the much better side, it shouldn't be happening. One, OK but not two, we nearly threw away a game we'd got won.

Given the nature of the goals we conceded I believe we lost our focus once the third goal went in, lost our mental sharpness. Something that needs addressing moving forward and I'm sure Slaven's had a word or two.