Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1184812 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4200 on: August 10, 2020, 02:59:28 PM »
Lockdown checker for your area, or where you are going to travel to.

https://www.lockdownapi.com/

This project has received too many requests, please try again later.

You broke it!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4201 on: August 10, 2020, 04:44:09 PM »
There are people that have suffered from it with no health conditions mate but the word many shouldn’t be used in front of it . But any death is bad I totally get that

Less then 500 people under the age of 60 have died from covid in the U.K. and 95% of them had underlying health conditions. Also how many actually died from covid , taking into account the ridiculous way the deaths are added up here .The way it stands now every single person who has tested positive for covid (300,000) will have covid on their death certificate, whether they die tomorrow from being stabbed or in 50 years time being hit by a bus .
Given the still relatively short timescale of covid the percentage who will have tested positive but died from some other cause since then will be pretty miniscule at present.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4202 on: August 10, 2020, 04:51:57 PM »
The scientist from Sweden was saying they are close to herd immunity at the weekend, they faced some criticism earlier in the epidemic, but it seems playing the long game is working.
Baggie in Southampton

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4203 on: August 10, 2020, 05:45:37 PM »
Given the still relatively short timescale of covid the percentage who will have tested positive but died from some other cause since then will be pretty miniscule at present.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12325214/coronavirus-death-review-lower-toll/

Thousands are going to be taken off the death toll mate

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4204 on: August 10, 2020, 10:41:28 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12325214/coronavirus-death-review-lower-toll/

Thousands are going to be taken off the death toll mate
So it says 'could be lowered by 10%' so we'll still be above 40k death toll. Best judge it when they make a decision. Wiping 10% off seems a very high figure. I find it hard to believe that 10% of the people who have tested positive for coronavirus and gone on to die have in fact died from some other cause.

Also the figures do not account for any at home deaths from coronavirus. At it's peak in April it's very likely that there were quite a high number of deaths of people who were never admitted to hospital and never tested so not included in the official figures. The higher excess deaths figures would indicate that there were a significant number of these deaths.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4205 on: August 10, 2020, 10:47:21 PM »
So it says 'could be lowered by 10%' so we'll still be above 40k death toll. Best judge it when they make a decision. Wiping 10% off seems a very high figure. I find it hard to believe that 10% of the people who have tested positive for coronavirus and gone on to die have in fact died from some other cause.

Why? On it's own COVID19 is shown to have killed around 1,500 out of 312,000 who got it.  It seems to be more lethal when combined with other serious conditions, not on its own so why attach the weight of it being extremely lethal over the existing conditions?

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4206 on: August 10, 2020, 11:14:29 PM »
Just like to point out that some of those who don't die get serious complications that affect their quality of life for weeks/months after supposedly "recovering". Yes death is one measure of how bad this is, but there will be many more for whom life won't be the same for a long time, if not ever

He/him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4207 on: August 10, 2020, 11:17:08 PM »
Just like to point out that some of those who don't die get serious complications that affect their quality of life for weeks/months after supposedly "recovering". Yes death is one measure of how bad this is, but there will be many more for whom life won't be the same for a long time, if not ever

A valid point. A tragic, tragic time for all.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4208 on: August 11, 2020, 08:39:22 AM »

Also the figures do not account for any at home deaths from coronavirus. At it's peak in April it's very likely that there were quite a high number of deaths of people who were never admitted to hospital and never tested so not included in the official figures. The higher excess deaths figures would indicate that there were a significant number of these deaths.

That still doesn’t change the fact that at the moment if I tested positive for covid today then died in ten years time  , my cause of death would be covid. That is ridiculous. The 300 thousand people who have tested positive will die of covid on paper no matter when or how they die . That’s madness.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4209 on: August 11, 2020, 10:38:42 AM »
That still doesn’t change the fact that at the moment if I tested positive for covid today then died in ten years time  , my cause of death would be covid. That is ridiculous. The 300 thousand people who have tested positive will die of covid on paper no matter when or how they die . That’s madness.
Yes I'm not disputing that that bit is madness.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4210 on: August 11, 2020, 11:00:20 AM »
I was under the impression that the message for how long it was to wash your hands was 20 seconds on a regular basis ? Last night while watching a programme on Channel 4 +1 a advert came on saying wash your hands for 40 seconds. Anyone else heard or seen this advert?
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4211 on: August 11, 2020, 11:04:12 AM »

I don't think that's true - if someone had covid today and died in 10 years they will not have cause of death put down as covid.

The easiest thing to do is look at excess deaths - it doesn't matter what's recorded, if the number of deaths is much higher than any other year, then <something> is causing it. 

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4212 on: August 11, 2020, 11:26:54 AM »
I was under the impression that the message for how long it was to wash your hands was 20 seconds on a regular basis ? Last night while watching a programme on Channel 4 +1 a advert came on saying wash your hands for 40 seconds. Anyone else heard or seen this advert?

I haven't seen the advert but the government recommends at 'least' twenty seconds while UNICEF  recommends at 'least' twenty to thirty. Although I've never bothered using a stopwatch I suspect I take longer than both recommendations.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4213 on: August 11, 2020, 11:28:38 AM »
I don't think that's true - if someone had covid today and died in 10 years they will not have cause of death put down as covid.

The easiest thing to do is look at excess deaths - it doesn't matter what's recorded, if the number of deaths is much higher than any other year, then <something> is causing it.

Scientists raised the alarm after discovering anyone who tests positive and later dies is currently included in the Public Health England numbers - even if they are hit by a bus months later. It means no-one can ever recover from the virus and all of England’s 265,000 confirmed cases would eventually be added to the toll.

All excess deaths aren’t all down to covid though , they reckon for every 3 people that have died  of covid 2 people died due to lockdown. They also reckon we will have over 200 thousand excess deaths non covid related due to shutting down medical facilities , delaying treatments ,missing out on cancers and mental health issues etc

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4214 on: August 11, 2020, 04:38:33 PM »
Not sure if this has been asked before, apologies if it has, but has anyone downloaded and is using the COVID-19 Symptom Study App, which is available in the App Store and Google Play Store?

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4215 on: August 11, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »
Not sure if this has been asked before, apologies if it has, but has anyone downloaded and is using the COVID-19 Symptom Study App, which is available in the App Store and Google Play Store?

The Zoe/King's College one? Yep, been using it since April/May

He/him

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4216 on: August 11, 2020, 04:39:51 PM »

No, ok, No and No !

yours succinctly
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4217 on: August 11, 2020, 05:46:19 PM »
No, ok, No and No !

yours succinctly

Bad luck! You nearly had a full house there  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4218 on: August 12, 2020, 09:22:10 AM »
'Reckless, foolish, and unethical': Experts raise concern after Putin claims Russia has world’s first coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-vaccine-russia-vladimir-putin-experts-concerns-evidence-trials-a9665581.html

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 01:37:50 PM by Hull Baggie »
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4219 on: August 13, 2020, 12:38:43 PM »
Concentration ahem, Quarantine Camps to be introduced in New Zealand for ALL cases and their close family members.  :o

All going Pete Tong for Jacinta it seems.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4220 on: August 13, 2020, 12:40:57 PM »
Concentration ahem, Quarantine Camps to be introduced in New Zealand for ALL cases and their close family members.  :o

All going Pete Tong for Jacinta it seems.

From what I have read, and it could possibly have changed, but the"spike" is contained to four people from the same family and household
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4221 on: August 13, 2020, 12:52:17 PM »
From what I have read, and it could possibly have changed, but the"spike" is contained to four people from the same family and household

They've identified a further 14 cases but expected to be well embedded in the community now. Hence these 'facilities'.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4222 on: August 13, 2020, 12:55:07 PM »
UK death toll reduced.........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-53722711

....... surprised this seems to have slipped by without being mentioned, I think.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4223 on: August 13, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »
UK death toll reduced.........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-53722711

....... surprised this seems to have slipped by without being mentioned, I think.

Well documented for the last few days.
Baggie in Southampton

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4224 on: August 13, 2020, 01:13:51 PM »
Well documented for the last few days.

Oops, proves how little time I spend on this thread   ;D .