Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 444213 times)

Kicking Pigeons

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »
Strangely absent from Levein's team against ROI tonight, not even on the bench.

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2011, 07:43:41 PM »
Strangely absent from Levein's team against ROI tonight, not even on the bench.

Sure I read somewhere he was injured?

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »
Yes, he was sent home with a minor leg injury, I heard.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 10:13:38 AM »
Yes, he was sent home with a minor leg injury, I heard.

Fits in with the "content to warm the bench" quote I read about him on another thread!

Can't get my head round some opinions.  :(

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »
Well done to Mozza, technically he's okay although the attacking midfielder position is suited for much better players in my opinion with myself favouring Graham Dorrans, Simon Cox and Somen Tchoyi to that role.
Good point, but he's a BLOODY GOOD SQUAD PLAYER though 8)
With the rigours of the premiership season and possible cup runs, not to mention silly international friendlies in outer space ??? ::)...we need to really use the  squad a lot more next term.
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »
when we were last in the prem he was our best player imo. long injury then bought back out of position. i'd like to see him start on the right and hopefully get back to his best, i have faith in him. next season, brunt on the left, mozza on the right, dozza attack midfield please. thomas as an impact sub or starting against slower full backs. i think mozza still has a massive role to play here

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2011, 11:01:53 AM »
The problem with saying he came back after injury out of position is that Morrison says his natural position is in the middle even though most fans would completely disagree. He is a fantastic player to have in the squad and is a little underrated but the key is to strengthen the squad as much as possible so although he has a role to play he may need to step up a level if he can to stay in the starting XI.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
Well done to Mozza, technically he's okay although the attacking midfielder position is suited for much better players in my opinion with myself favouring Graham Dorrans, Simon Cox and Somen Tchoyi to that role.

Agree. I do like mozza and am pleased he is progressing up the scotland pecking order but i just think he wouldnt get into our full strength side as we have players that are better than him and perhaps more suited than him. I've always thought he is best as a winger which for me was proved in our premiership season under mowbray where he was one of our stand out players. Having said all that i think he is a very good squad player for us and the odd screamer tops it all of nicely  ;D
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Rich99

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2011, 05:54:26 PM »
I'm not his biggest fan, but I think he's at very least definitely good enough for our squad in my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:56:04 PM by Rich99 »

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »
It's a shame for Morrison that he plays in a league where so much onus is put on physicality and aggression, which are not his strengths. He is a very good football who is 10x better than Cox imo, with the ball at his feet.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »
He has scored a couple of goals and a few assists but is he really good enough to make a big differance at this level or should we take the money now Gera will sign?
Gera, Gera, Gera

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2011, 08:58:07 PM »
He has scored a couple of goals and a few assists but is he really good enough to make a big differance at this level or should we take the money now Gera will sign?

I always think he looks a lot better on the right wing. I know he's not the quickest but he always seems effective imo. Not in Darrans' league for the 'behind the striker' position.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2011, 09:00:12 PM »
I'd sell. Too lightweight for the Premier League.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2011, 09:00:37 PM »
I think hes a cracking player but injuries have shunted his development in my view and is just a squad player now so he may not wish to just sit on the bench

yetik55

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2011, 09:05:19 PM »
I will probably get lambasted but i have never rated him.
I struggle to recall many great performances and cant see him really pushing on to the next level as the likes of Brunt, Mulumbu and Dorrans have.

I think his days are numbered if we recruit new midfielders as he is a bench player at best at the mo.
You have to ask if he could get in any decent premiership team and if the answers no then do we really need him if we are looking to push on to the next level.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »
I think when he arrived he had a ton of potential, and indeed started as one of our best players. Whether its being played out of position, or the injuries, he simply hasn't fulfilled his potential. He does the odd spectacular thing (goal against Man Ure for instance), but I don't think his all-round game is up to inclusion in our strongest 11.

I'll trust Roy's judgement though...if he thinks he'll make it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2011, 09:13:49 PM »
I like him and think he makes a good squad player as things stand. If you are to continue improving the squad though then he would be the first midfielder to make way for me. I watched the season review the other day and he did look better than I remembered but there are too many games where he was anonymous for most of them.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2011, 09:14:21 PM »
I think this could do with an unsure option.

He can be good one game and then not be involved for the next four or five. I've often questioned some of the contributions he's made in some games but credit to him he's got some goals. He just seems to slow in comparison to Simon Cox and Graham Dorrans when they're playing behind the striker.

However, the lad trys his heart off and that for me is good enough to keep him as a squad player.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2011, 09:20:25 PM »
KEEP HIM

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »
I think he's a decent squad player. He proved too lightweight for the middle of the park last season though and i think he's naturally more effective on the right wing. He has got some good technical ability and he does, on occasion, pop up with something special. I wouldn't be too hasty in getting rid of him. As some have said, the poll could probably do with an "unsure" option. He was out for a good while with that injury to be fair to the lad. Don't play him down the middle though, we have much stronger options in there.

Mulumbu99

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2011, 09:53:31 PM »
quality player, proved he was a prem player under tm. class is permanent.

DozzaIsKing

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2011, 10:10:56 PM »
going to be a very close-run thing, this poll. He'll do nothing for 3 games then score a screamer in an important game and be instrumental in our build-up play. I'd be sad to see him go, but I see him as more of a squad player, and would imagine he wouldn't want to be warming the bench.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2011, 10:12:31 PM »
I would sell. You never know when that blister might appear again.

It's time to move on. We aren't in the Championship anymore.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:18:46 PM by BB74 »

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2011, 10:16:08 PM »
I'd like to see him playing right midfield again. I think it's a simple case of attacking midfield just not suiting him, at least in the formation we play. It's no coincidence that during the Mowbray Premiership season he played right midfield and was considered one of our best players, and that during last season he played attacking mid and is now a player that a lot of people aren't sure about. I'd have him compete with Gera and Brunt for the right midfield berth next season, hopefully if he gets a chance there he can restore his reputation with us.

Although I would say if we do sign another midfielder who plays in the positions Morrison plays (I like the sound of Collison) then I'm afraid Morrison would have to make way for him.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
is he good enough to play in the premier league?   yes
is he could enough to play for Albion?  yes has goals in him provides tempo
is he could enough to start? probably not there are numerous players above him in pecking order good squad player
O Albion we love you