Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 225014 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2019, 01:29:00 PM »
I think he's settled in and will become an accomplished defender, I've also noticed his distribution is much better this year.
He's always got a rick in him, if he hadn't he wouldn't be here.
I get the impression he genuinely likes the place as well, always makes sure he applauds the fans.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »
I think it is clear that Moore and Jones's tactics we're a big part of why he looked so shockingly bad for so long. He's no world beater but certainly looking like an accomplished Championship player since Shan took over.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #302 on: August 13, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »
I was a big critic of Bartley has season but he does seem to have settled into the role more.  I wonder if part of his difficulties were playing alongside Dawson, we all know Dawson's positional play is not great and maybe some of Bartley's issues were the fact that he never really trusted where Dawson would be and this effected his game...??? just a theory

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2019, 11:57:28 AM »
If I recall, when he was at Leeds, their fans raved about him and were disappointed when we signed and they didn't.

He can defend, bring the ball out of defence and  pass accurately over short and longer distances when he is playing in the right defences set up, which we appear to be playing at the moment and suits him imo.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #304 on: August 14, 2019, 12:00:57 PM »
I think we really missed him last night
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

WBAlbion123

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #305 on: August 19, 2019, 10:01:26 AM »
Keep seeing people on social media saying they want Ajayi and Hegazi as centre halves when the big man is back from injury, I actually would have a pairing of Bartley and Hegazi.

Bartley looks leaner and more composed this season and I sense he has confidence and belief in what he is doing. So far if anything I've seen Ajayi make more mistakes and would prefer him to be battling with Livermore for the defensive midfielder position.

Of course I still see Ajayi offering back up as a defender but don't necessarily think he's our best option, am I the only one?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #306 on: August 19, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »
I am sure Ajayi said he prefers playing DM, but it is a long hard season so we will accomodate him in both these positions no doubt. I think it's great that we now have options for every position so competition will be fierce.
Shame we couldn't have brought in one more striker.
As for Bartley i think if our fans get off his back he will be a great asset.  Last season we were playing 3 at the back and trying to football out of defence, you have to have really good players to do that, and even then you sometimes get caught out.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #307 on: August 19, 2019, 11:36:52 AM »
I am sure Ajayi said he prefers playing DM, but it is a long hard season so we will accomodate him in both these positions no doubt. I think it's great that we now have options for every position so competition will be fierce.
Shame we couldn't have brought in one more striker.
As for Bartley i think if our fans get off his back he will be a great asset.  Last season we were playing 3 at the back and trying to football out of defence, you have to have really good players to do that, and even then you sometimes get caught out.

I think I read recently that he said he preferred playing CB and that Slavan would be a big help to him in improving him in that position.

I agree with everything in your post 
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »
Personally think Bartley's improved a lot since the Moore / Jones passing out the back was binned , he's not a world beater but certainly isn't as bad as some make out .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2019, 11:59:03 AM »
Personally think Bartley's improved a lot since the Moore / Jones passing out the back was binned , he's not a world beater but certainly isn't as bad as some make out .

Yeah, agree with this.  He's not amazing but he's way better than he was in the other system. 

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #310 on: August 19, 2019, 12:57:15 PM »
Keep seeing people on social media saying they want Ajayi and Hegazi as centre halves when the big man is back from injury, I actually would have a pairing of Bartley and Hegazi.

Bartley looks leaner and more composed this season and I sense he has confidence and belief in what he is doing. So far if anything I've seen Ajayi make more mistakes and would prefer him to be battling with Livermore for the defensive midfielder position.

Of course I still see Ajayi offering back up as a defender but don't necessarily think he's our best option, am I the only one?

I totally agree and think that Bartley and Hegazi can make a very strong pairing at this level.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #311 on: August 19, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »
Bartley had a decent game on Saturday.

There, I've said it....... off for a shower  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #312 on: August 19, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »
would much prefer Bartley and Hegazi as the CB pairing with Ajayi moving into midfield.

As others have said Bartley looks a lot better in a back 4. He looks much more composed on the ball.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #313 on: August 19, 2019, 01:19:09 PM »
We could always try three at the back........ walks away smirking and looks back at the float bobbing about in the water  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #314 on: August 19, 2019, 02:51:26 PM »
We could always try three at the back........ walks away smirking and looks back at the float bobbing about in the water  ;) .
Are you after Jacki’s job?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #315 on: August 19, 2019, 03:47:16 PM »

I have mentioned it before, for me Ajayi should be slotting into DM once Hegazi is fully fit.

Bartley has performed a lot better than he did last year and seems to have continued his levels from the back end of last season.

Other than the Forest goal I think he's been fairly solid. I said last season I think we would see a better version of him when we changed the whole back 3 and insistence on playing out from the back at every opportunity.

Ask a defender to defend first and foremost.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #316 on: September 22, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »
How many goals does this guy have to give away before he his dropped,he averages one a game today v Huddersfield on analaysis he bettered that average to both their goals,there second goal is obviously his poor pass, but on Sky Tv analysis his poor positioning and reaction to obriens run was terrible and Sky presenters blamed him for their 1st goal too.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2019, 07:41:59 PM »
How many goals does this guy have to give away before he his dropped,he averages one a game today v Huddersfield on analaysis he bettered that average to both their goals,there second goal is obviously his poor pass, but on Sky Tv analysis his poor positioning and reaction to obriens run was terrible and Sky presenters blamed him for their 1st goal too.

Sadly, our failure to sign another centre back in addition to Semi after losing Dawson and Tosin and knowing Hegazi would miss the first two months have cost us a few goals already. Bodes well that we are fourth with him in the table as he is the obvious weak link.

I don't think there would be many who would not have predicted it. He is terrible on the ball.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2019, 09:12:02 PM »
I think Nesta and Canavaro would be nervous in front of our keeper...for me Bartley keeps his place
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2019, 09:59:43 PM »
I think Nesta and Canavaro would be nervous in front of our keeper...for me Bartley keeps his place
Agree on Johnstone but Bartleys just as bad, both goals down to him today not Johnstone,we desperately need another Centre half

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »

Our defence is making the same mistakes as last season, but there are only two players there from last season - and they're the ones making them.

Drop Bartley as soon as Hegazi is ready to go.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #321 on: September 23, 2019, 08:27:01 PM »
While Bartley has been marginally better this season, he is still costing us goals. Hegazi is the far superior player and should come straight in for Bartley when fully fit.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #322 on: September 23, 2019, 10:24:06 PM »
While Bartley has been marginally better this season, he is still costing us goals. Hegazi is the far superior player and should come straight in for Bartley when fully fit.
Main criteria.
Giver him about 10 minutes at the end of a match which we are comfortable with, just to bring him slowly up to speed.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2019, 10:53:01 PM »
Our defence is making the same mistakes as last season, but there are only two players there from last season - and they're the ones making them.

Drop Bartley as soon as Hegazi is ready to go.
So there would then still be 2 players from last season?

I think another keeper behind that back line and we are better off
I don’t think it’s as straight forward as people think with hegazi, yes he comes in but I think billic will look to play him with Bartley and push semi in to midfield.....or even 5 at the back with the wing backs really pushing on
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #324 on: September 24, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
The pass for their second was just daft, there was no opposition player within about twenty yards of him, just walk forward with it, at least commit a player to close to you down before you pass.