Author Topic: Callum Marshall Joins Albion on loan  (Read 8594 times)

eddiethebeagle

• Junior Baggie

Re: Callum Marshall Joins Albion on loan
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2024, 11:07:42 PM »
Welcome and good luck CM.

I don't know anything about him.

Does anyone know if he is quick?

Official site report  describes him as “the pacey forward” so I’d hope so.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Callum Marshall
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2024, 07:01:40 AM »
Can’t understand us wanting to sign a player in Marshall who has no track record at Prem or Championship or indeed at any level apart from match’s in the FL Trophy ! Surely this is going to be a complete gamble . Why not let Jovan Malcolm have an extended run off the bench .

It's down  to our limited finances, and the growing realisation that the big clubs seem to want a lot of money for their loanees so we can't afford them.

Marshall however isn't your normal academy kid. He was signed from Linfield's first team in Northern Ireland and is a fully fledged Norhern Ireland International now.

Strikes me as a gamble worh taking for your 4th choice stirker/option from wide left.
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2024, 09:33:47 AM »
With worries over Dikes fitness and other injuries to the squad I don’t see how one of the best young strikers in the PL2 is a bad signing. It give us the option of playing BTA differently and probably some pace energy and enthusiasm to bring in to the team. It may not work out, but it’s a sensible signing.  If he does ok,  it would be good to see him back next year too.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2024, 10:00:45 AM »
Optimistic about this. Pace up front is everything....with him and Fellows on the pitch it will get bums off seats and create a much better atmosphere to get the team buzzing. For me, Dike just isn't a natural and not very good at football, and BTA misses/wastes way too many opportunities. Hopefully, Marshall will naturally have the ability to read a game and anticipate what Fellows might do.

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2024, 10:59:22 AM »
Can’t understand us wanting to sign a player in Marshall who has no track record at Prem or Championship or indeed at any level apart from match’s in the FL Trophy ! Surely this is going to be a complete gamble . Why not let Jovan Malcolm have an extended run off the bench .

There’s always someone not happy…

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2024, 11:48:21 AM »
Never heard of him and know nothing about him but at this stage I am just happy to have more bodies in the building

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2024, 12:22:03 PM »
Welcome to West Bromwich Albion Callum Marshall  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2024, 04:19:07 PM »
There’s always someone not happy…

Indeed. First week of Jan and the club was condemmed for not making any signings lol and then the complaints moved on to age. I have quite enjoyed posters moaning about the signing of Weimann for being too old only to then moan about Marshall for being too young, tying themselves up in knots to have a whinge, before either player has kicked a ball in anger, psychologically fascinating. Just remember the golden rule. If Callum Marshall turns out to be complete toffee then it is yet another disgraceful episode in the chapter of Ian Pearce and the scouting department. Else if he is a success then obviously it was all down to a lucky break.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 04:21:25 PM by baggie82 »

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2024, 04:27:28 PM »
 Given our current problems, I don't quite know what some of our fans expected, it's as if they are oblivious to the fact we are skint and more likely to lose players than sign them.
 Are these moaners just a problem at Albion or is it football/life in general too young too old, unbelievable .

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2024, 04:49:16 PM »
Indeed. First week of Jan and the club was condemmed for not making any signings lol and then the complaints moved on to age. I have quite enjoyed posters moaning about the signing of Weimann for being too old only to then moan about Marshall for being too young, tying themselves up in knots to have a whinge, before either player has kicked a ball in anger, psychologically fascinating. Just remember the golden rule. If Callum Marshall turns out to be complete toffee then it is yet another disgraceful episode in the chapter of Ian Pearce and the scouting department. Else if he is a success then obviously it was all down to a lucky break.

I haven't read or written any of the the comments your refer to,  but if a poster has an opinion why do you think it so worthy of your derision?

Surely, with your track record of supporting Bruce and Button and declaring Palmer as having made the worst gk error in the history of the game, you'd have more respect for others people's views.

I won't even mention your constant support of a consistent failure like Pearce, whom you still tactily praise for this signing even though CC wanting players through door quickly as he knew vital points were there to be won.

Especially so, given the potential consequences of keeping Bruce and Button, who you said you were happy with despite one win in 16.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2024, 05:16:12 PM »
I haven't read or written any of the the comments your refer to,  but if a poster has an opinion why do you think it so worthy of your derision?

Surely, with your track record of supporting Bruce and Button and declaring Palmer as having made the worst gk error in the history of the game, you'd have more respect for others people's views.

I won't even mention your constant support of a consistent failure like Pearce, whom you still tactily praise for this signing even though CC wanting players through door quickly as he knew vital points were there to be won.

Especially so, given the potential consequences of keeping Bruce and Button, who you said you were happy with despite one win in 16.

Yawn, the same old broke record personal attacks. I’m sure you have been told numerous times by the mods to stop bickering with me.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 05:21:56 PM by baggie82 »

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2024, 05:23:37 PM »
Makes complete sense. Great addition.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2024, 05:39:50 PM »
Yawn, the same old broke record personal attacks. I’m sure you have been told numerous times by the mods to stop bickering with me.

Where's the personal attack?

The fact is you want everyone to be a happy clapper sheep who should have the same view as you, and if they don't you feel iir necessary to mock them.

That's why I find it necessary to remind of your previous view re Bruce  Button and Palmer.

If you cannot take it when you reminded about your errors, why should others take your obviously mocking and condescending posts about concerns that they have about recruitment.

I know it is hard for you to comprehend that someone doesn't agree with your patience first policy in the transfer window, but maybe some of us don't want to lose valuable points whilst waiting, given that we missed out on the po by only a few points last season, after we had waited and then got 2 of the worst signings and most expensive signings in our history.

You have your view, and let others have theirs.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2024, 05:54:01 PM »

Baggie 82 made a very valid point  about the pointless whinging and  I don't think he singalled out an individual.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2024, 06:06:44 PM »
Baggie 82 made a very valid point  about the pointless whinging and  I don't think he singalled out an individual.

Thank you KYA and for what it is worth lets all get behind the team first minute to last tomorrow. COYB.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2024, 06:18:31 PM »
We’ve all been wrong about things now and then and don’t need reminding of it in numerous threads.

This is about Callum Marshall.

I welcome some young blood and it is a good balance to the Weimann transfer.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2024, 06:19:23 PM »

Can you leave the moderating to the people responsible please?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2024, 12:34:57 AM »
Been away from the board for a few days and there have been a couple of positive developments this signing being one of them. Tend to agree with Baggies assessment of Marshall. He will be a useful addition to the squad although I doubt he will tear up the division.

If we close the window without any significant sales and two additional attacking options it would represent progress.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2024, 10:13:40 PM »
As I said on January 26th , I couldn’t understand why we would sign a player with no track record in league football in any division. To me so far he has shown absolutely nothing . Tonight although he had a decent run out he basically contributed nothing . Waste of a signing and as I previously said we would have been better off using Jovan Malcolm .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2024, 10:14:28 PM »
Saints looked a step to far for him i agree.

luke.jones1234

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2024, 10:15:23 PM »
As I said on January 26th , I couldn’t understand why we would sign a player with no track record in league football in any division. To me so far he has shown absolutely nothing . Tonight although he had a decent run out he basically contributed nothing . Waste of a signing and as I previously said we would have been better off using Jovan Malcolm .
He did no worse than assante tonight ,hes played probably an hour of football give him a chance

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2024, 10:15:56 PM »
Just optimises the dreadful recruitment under Pearce. No thought goes into signings, just take what you can get and hope it works approach. Johnstone also seems to have no game intelligence. I stand by what I say, since Corberan has been manager, our recruitment has been absolutely dreadful.

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2024, 10:16:42 PM »
we have kept Hoban Malcolm. Do you know anything?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2024, 10:27:50 PM »
Only been here five minutes so think we should give the kid a chance, if he can lead the line I’d be more than happy to give him a run out in our next game as Brandon needs a rest.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2024, 10:33:32 PM »
If you look at a number of initial posts , people were raving about him whilst being critical of the Wieman and Johnston signings . On performances of the 3 so far , for me , Marshall is a distant 3rd on current contributions.