Author Topic: Grady Diangana  (Read 280986 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Grady Diangana
« Reply #1775 on: April 02, 2024, 09:45:50 AM »
TV pundits would have been drooling over his pass for BTAs goal if it had been made by Foden, Odegaard etc !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1776 on: April 02, 2024, 02:44:35 PM »
Very good through ball for the BTA goal, and nice build up play for the Furlong goal, but the pass to Furlong was behind him, the credit for that goal has to go to Furlong for making something of a bad pass. He had to turn around before being able to get his shot off

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1777 on: April 03, 2024, 01:55:07 PM »
Can't argue with 7 goals and 7 assists considering he doesn't always start and missed 5 weeks for Afcon .
I'm still not sold on the number 10 role but CC knows more than me! ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1778 on: April 03, 2024, 01:57:23 PM »
Stil remains talented and frustrating in equal measures.

He's only 1 goal off his best season from his which was 8g7a when he was here on loan.

Definitely a player in there but we don't see it enough despite his current stats, he can do more.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1779 on: April 03, 2024, 03:19:31 PM »
Stil remains talented and frustrating in equal measures.

He's only 1 goal off his best season from his which was 8g7a when he was here on loan.

Definitely a player in there but we don't see it enough despite his current stats, he can do more.

Read it was 8 and 6 the other day so he’s equal now in goal involvements. I’d say his work with Pereira, Krov and Robinson meant he had probably a lot more involvement in positive play that doesn’t get statisticised (new word) whereas these days there is less talent around him so his general game has dropped or those around him masked his flaws.

For me - this season has been more than acceptable and he’s not only hitting the same statistical levels but he’s happy, he’s annoying the fans. It all shows as he seemed to be playing with a weight on his shoulders in previous seasons.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1780 on: April 03, 2024, 03:41:21 PM »
Read it was 8 and 6 the other day so he’s equal now in goal involvements. I’d say his work with Pereira, Krov and Robinson meant he had probably a lot more involvement in positive play that doesn’t get statisticised (new word) whereas these days there is less talent around him so his general game has dropped or those around him masked his flaws.

For me - this season has been more than acceptable and he’s not only hitting the same statistical levels but he’s happy, he’s annoying the fans. It all shows as he seemed to be playing with a weight on his shoulders in previous seasons.

I'm not saying he's having a bad season but inconsistent as ever. His stats are decent but could be higher I guess.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1781 on: April 03, 2024, 04:31:02 PM »

I'm not saying he's having a bad season but inconsistent as ever. His stats are decent but could be higher I guess.

Didn’t mean to type “annoying fans” that was meant to say he’s “enjoying the fans” 🤣

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1782 on: April 03, 2024, 04:32:41 PM »
Didn’t mean to type “annoying fans” that was meant to say he’s “enjoying the fans” 🤣

Makes a bit more sense now haha.  YEah he definitely seems to have got his head down a bit more this season in terms of personal happiness. If he wants a move back to London he needs to earn it and i think that has sunk in this season

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1783 on: April 04, 2024, 08:02:39 AM »
Another two assists today. Why does he get so much criticism? Should be one of the first names on the team sheet. The only player we have who can make a good decision in the final third.
Perhaps Diangana could be the second name on the team sheet after Alex Palmer being the first named.    :P
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1784 on: April 08, 2024, 11:38:19 PM »
I've never been a big fan of his mainly because he's not my "type" of winger. However now he's been moved infield and he's got used to his new role he's become a much better asset for us.

He needs to lay the ball off better at times and keep it simple when he needs to rather than losing the ball to take his game to the next level but his goals and assist stats don't lie. He's hurting teams where it matters now and he's currently a better option than Swift is.

He's much better now than he ever was as a winger IMO.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1785 on: April 09, 2024, 07:39:10 AM »
Some of his through balls have been a delight of late.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1786 on: April 09, 2024, 07:56:56 AM »
He needs to lay the ball off better at times and keep it simple when he needs to rather than losing the ball to take his game to the next level

Spot on Atomic!
Far too often does he try to dribble past two or three opponents and lose the ball when there is a simple lay-off pass to a teammate and all too often that lack of thought and vision puts us in trouble.
Until he learns that lesson, keep him on the bench.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 09:36:36 AM by MarkW »
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

luke.jones1234

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1787 on: April 09, 2024, 09:28:11 AM »

Spot on Atomic!
Far too often does he try to dribble past two or three opponents and lose the ball when there is a simple lay-off pass to a teammate and all too often that lack of thought and vision puts us in trouble.
Until he learns that lesson, keep him on the bench.
Keep him on the bench ?yeah great idea he’s created most of our chances recently ,and playing well ,put swift in ey he’s playing really well atm
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 09:37:05 AM by MarkW »

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1788 on: May 05, 2024, 09:56:43 PM »
Great to see him at the end enjoying the interaction with the BRE.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1789 on: May 05, 2024, 10:50:06 PM »
Really Atomic?
He must stay in the team cant understand your thinking on that one mate

easyrider

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1790 on: May 06, 2024, 10:53:24 AM »
hes learning a new role and starting to do it well now

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1791 on: May 06, 2024, 01:54:42 PM »
Really Atomic?
He must stay in the team cant understand your thinking on that one mate

I mean, he has championed Conor Townsend for years so go figure  ;D

I think with Grady, most people can see that the talent and the ability so you just hope/expect for him to kick on and put on a run of consistently brilliant performances which we all know he is capable of, but it doesn’t seem to happen so it is always just frustrating, but even when he isn’t hitting those standards, he is still affecting games and having an influence no matter how frustrating he can be.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1792 on: May 06, 2024, 03:09:09 PM »
True Fritzle, but watch the weight of his passes, im sure youve noticed and the speed of thought is quite amazing, no player is 100% at it, remember how many games hes been on the pitch, he frightens defenders then he releases his killer pass, i always thought he was a 10 player so clever