Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2368494 times)

geoff

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1575 on: July 15, 2015, 11:00:28 PM »
Who exactly is laughing? Do you imagine that £150m deals are done over a sandwich and a pint at lunch time in the pub?

For goodness sake, it may or may not happen, but whatever the case the club is right in taking its time and being cautious. This is quite probably the most important decision that has been made in the club's history. Do you really think they will rush it because a few vocal supporters are getting squeaky bums, or because some footballer is hesitating over whether to come here if not, or because some greedy Championship outfit is trying to wring a few bob more out if them?

These people are hard nosed, professional business people. If and when the deal gets done it will be because everyone involved feels that is the right outcome for all concerned. Until then no amount of keyboard bombast and bluster will change things.

Well put Chipper  ;)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1576 on: July 15, 2015, 11:08:09 PM »
If i didn't care about the club so much i would chill. Some chance of that.
I am not normally so pessemistic,it's just that when we sign player's or have something to announce we seem to take an age.
That is what we have we always done.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1577 on: July 16, 2015, 01:46:41 AM »
If I was the new owner as of last week with a few quid to spend maybe I'd stay quiet until a few bids for key players were accepted rather than risk the selling club seeing £ signs as a new owner with cash approaches a sought after player?

That's a good point if there is any truth of a takeover last week and an announcement being delayed until the end of the month to get players in at not inflated prices based on any known takeover. However I would think it would be difficult to keep under wraps and would surely leak out.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1578 on: July 16, 2015, 06:53:06 AM »
Are you cryptically suggesting that Saido is the mystery investor in talks to buy the club?

Haha, don't know how I managed to post that on the wrong thread.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1579 on: July 16, 2015, 08:40:14 AM »
If i didn't care about the club so much i would chill. Some chance of that.
I am not normally so pessimistic,it's just that when we sign player's or have something to announce we seem to take an age.

At least you recognise you have an obsession, understandably so, but you have supported the Baggies nearly as long as me so you ought to recognise that it has always been the same. The ultimate roller coaster ride, one day full of hope, the next aspirations dashed, whether that be beating top teams or losing to non-leaguers, buying players with reputations who fail (David Mills) or those with non who succeed (The King, Cyrille Regis). From opposition players on a goal drought who inevitably break their poor run by scoring against us. Poor managers, great managers, mad mangers, soft managers, disciplinarians = we've had em all .

This take over is just the same as is our transfer window performance - relax
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:54:01 AM by halifax_baggie »

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1580 on: July 16, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »
With the initial exclusivity statement being released two weeks ago, give it till the end of the month until before we see anything happening. As the season kicks off a week earlier than usual expect a busy first week in August and Sky Sports to show up at the training ground on deadline day.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1581 on: July 16, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
Lets hope our does not fizzle out like our chums has down the road....I think ( hope) it will all end in tears for Tiny Tim and the t***pots.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:09:03 PM by MarkW »

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1582 on: July 16, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »
At least you recognise you have an obsession, understandably so, but you have supported the Baggies nearly as long as me so you ought to recognise that it has always been the same. The ultimate roller coaster ride, one day full of hope, the next aspirations dashed, whether that be beating top teams or losing to non-leaguers, buying players with reputations who fail (David Mills) or those with non who succeed (The King, Cyrille Regis). From opposition players on a goal drought who inevitably break their poor run by scoring against us. Poor managers, great managers, mad mangers, soft managers, disciplinarians = we've had em all .

This take over is just the same as is our transfer window performance - relax

I know mate, tell the truth i am starting to bore myself let alone folks on here. I just wish something would happen, a takeover, a status quo, even dare i dream a signing. ANYTHING.   :-\

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1583 on: July 16, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »
I know mate, tell the truth i am starting to bore myself let alone folks on here. I just wish something would happen, a takeover, a status quo, even dare i dream a signing. ANYTHING.   :-\

Always good to have different opinions otherwise we would bore easily.

I honestly think we might see some action when they come back from America. 3 weeks is a long time and for me we only need a couple of additions that are vital.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1584 on: July 16, 2015, 06:22:56 PM »

:) At least we can laugh about it, that black country humour never leaves it's part of being a Baggie 8)

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1585 on: July 16, 2015, 06:29:25 PM »
Well at least Fireymoose isn't here anymore, he'd be having a field day with all this.
the regime don't like it man

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1586 on: July 16, 2015, 07:04:18 PM »
Well at least Fireymoose isn't here anymore, he'd be having a field day with all this.

He would probably say he was the head of the Consortium ;D

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1587 on: July 16, 2015, 07:25:06 PM »
I forgot about him, he was quite entertaining at times
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1588 on: July 16, 2015, 07:36:59 PM »

I wouldnt be at all suprised if hes here as someone else, but who
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1589 on: July 16, 2015, 07:43:21 PM »

"I'm Sparticus" ;D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1590 on: July 16, 2015, 08:03:50 PM »

If he is then he won't be around long. Amazing how some constantly moan about us and how we run the forum yet can't wait to try and get back on.

AS FOR THE TAKE OVER THEN  ;)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1591 on: July 16, 2015, 10:28:01 PM »

A blast from the past, the man who know everything but know F-All  :D

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1592 on: July 16, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »
If he is then he won't be around long. Amazing how some constantly moan about us and how we run the forum yet can't wait to try and get back on.

AS FOR THE TAKE OVER THEN  ;)
I know how you feel mate.
The rest of us are very supportive of you and your team,
Long may it continue Mr Oldbury and mukkas!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1593 on: July 17, 2015, 08:27:34 AM »
I was reading on skysports site it takes weeks and weeks to get through all the premier league tests..maybe the end of the month is a good date for an announcement then.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1594 on: July 18, 2015, 06:46:41 PM »
Apparently according to Nixon on Twitter the takeover is looking good and the owner has loads of money.

sooty2

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1595 on: July 18, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »
Yes it was me he as just answered hope he speaks the truth could be an interesting 3 weeks.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1596 on: July 18, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »
Apparently according to Nixon on Twitter the takeover is looking good and the owner has loads of money.
Go on then I'll bite!
Who/what is 'Nixon' on twitter?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1597 on: July 18, 2015, 07:53:57 PM »
Go on then I'll bite!
Who/what is 'Nixon' on twitter?

Alan Nixon, quite reliable. A journalist for the sun I think

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1598 on: July 18, 2015, 08:10:09 PM »
It's the sun?

It must be true then.

More likely it's bill ayres, local shed maker made good.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1599 on: July 18, 2015, 08:21:14 PM »
It's the sun?

It must be true then.

More likely it's bill ayres, local shed maker made good.

We've had Trev the Shed, so why not!