Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 361128 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1300 on: December 27, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
West Brom manager Darren Moore says he is not concerned about possible January interest from Premier League clubs for English striker Jay Rodriguez, 29.

Source: Times - subscription required
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1301 on: December 27, 2018, 10:15:57 AM »
IF one were cynical,
One could say that an upturn in form coinciding with the transfer window being about to open may be more than a coincidence, BUT that is being over cynical perhaps.

Burnley are continuing to struggle and it seems Dyche (or Burnleys scouting network at least) have been a fan of Jay for a while, I would not be at all surprised to see them coming back with a tempting offer for Jay,

What do people think it would take to prise hm away in Jan??

personally i think anything over 15m and he is gone.

A few weeks ago, after missing a couple of sitters and costing us points his confidence looked shot and i would have taken a fresh tenner and bag of crisps.   On yesterday's performance I would have him back in that £15 million bracket for his all round play.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1302 on: December 27, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
Two good goals yesterday certainly pushed up his valuation and as we don't have to sell I'd put a 30 million pound price on his head and if a prem club are willing to pay that good business for us.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1303 on: December 27, 2018, 02:15:59 PM »
The good
He puts in the effort and does have a decent shot on him, pretty clinical from penalties

The bad
First touch ain't great, his continued selection means better finishers (Gayle) end up pushed wide, like what we did with Odemwingie, always bloody apologising to the opposition players
That bloody hair
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1304 on: December 27, 2018, 03:16:54 PM »
The good
He puts in the effort and does have a decent shot on him, pretty clinical from penalties

The bad
First touch ain't great, his continued selection means better finishers (Gayle) end up pushed wide, like what we did with Odemwingie, always bloody apologising to the opposition players
That bloody hair
Gayle as 13 and Rodriguez as 12? All good strikers miss chances at least he get's in the right positions to miss!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1305 on: December 27, 2018, 04:11:43 PM »
Gayle as 13 and Rodriguez as 12? All good strikers miss chances at least he get's in the right positions to miss!

Very true, all players do miss chances and Rodriguez's goals yesterday were quality.

And after all it's only taken Jay an extra 796 minutes of playing time and 20 more chances for him to get within one goal of Dwight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

Still, when they count they count (Hand of Rod  8) ) and I'll be as happy as a pig in sh it if his goals help us towards eventual promotion.

Big up to Jay and COYB.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1306 on: December 27, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »
The good

The bad
That bloody hair

I think Rodriguez is possibly the teams most underrated player. Great work-rate, intelligent movement and use of the ball and has the ability to create something or make the goalkeeper work out of nothing. Yes, he has missed some chances, but which attacking player doesn't? He has also been played pretty deep for most of the season. To all extents and purposes at times he has been playing as more of an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker. He has been crucial this season in that he gives the team balance. I see him as no less influential than Barnes or Gayle and we would miss him just as much if not as more than them if he got injured or sold.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1307 on: December 27, 2018, 04:35:39 PM »
I think Rodriguez is possibly the teams most underrated player. Great work-rate, intelligent movement and use of the ball and has the ability to create something or make the goalkeeper work out of nothing. Yes, he has missed some chances, but which attacking player doesn't? He has also been played pretty deep for most of the season. To all extents and purposes at times he has been playing as more of an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker. He has been crucial this season in that he gives the team balance. I see him as no less influential than Barnes or Gayle and we would miss him just as much if not as more than them if he got injured or sold.

This is just not true. None of the emboldened part of the quote is true.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1308 on: December 27, 2018, 04:52:36 PM »
Agree with everything you say, but some just won't have it! There prerogative though.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1309 on: December 27, 2018, 05:29:33 PM »

The bold bits are the best bits.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1310 on: December 27, 2018, 05:36:21 PM »
Very good header against Wigan, decent strike for the second but goalkeeping error that it went in, wouldn't happen next season if we go up. I've been critical of him a lot this season, missed far too many and been erratic, that back pass at home to Derby and that open goal against Brentford have cost us points. Better against Wigan. Jury is still out for me. Working hard. Just needs a bit more common sense and composure at times.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1311 on: December 27, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »
Very good header against Wigan, decent strike for the second but goalkeeping error that it went in, wouldn't happen next season if we go up. I've been critical of him a lot this season, missed far too many and been erratic, that back pass at home to Derby and that open goal against Brentford have cost us points. Better against Wigan. Jury is still out for me. Working hard. Just needs a bit more common sense and composure at times.

Yet created two against Leeds, scores two yesterday. The importance of the two against Bristol. The one that hit the bar against bristol. The one that hit the post against Rotherham that gayle scored.  JRod has benefitted from penalties and the crosses from Gayle but Gayle has benefitted from JRod.

He tends to drop deeper to allow Barnes and Gayle stay up more often. Of course he misses chances but he’s not a world class striker, he’s a fallible but hard working and honest striker that is on target for at least 20 goals. I don’t know why we have to pick at our players. It’s just a nonsense.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1312 on: December 27, 2018, 06:54:11 PM »

............in your opinion.
Many fans would tend to agree with the bit you put in bold.
We all have our opinions. 

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1313 on: December 27, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »
............in your opinion.
Many fans would tend to agree with the bit you put in bold.
We all have our opinions.
He has NOT at any stage this season played attacking midfield, it's not my opinion. He's playing centre forward.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1314 on: December 27, 2018, 07:39:57 PM »
He has NOT at any stage this season played attacking midfield, it's not my opinion. He's playing centre forward.

To be fair, he does keep dropping deep to pick up and play the ball. He may be a centre-forward by design, but he's cropping up in different positions - whether that's to try and create space I don't know, but he has been back further than Barnes and Gayle / Robson-Kanu a few times when we've been defending.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1315 on: December 27, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »
Darren Moore Jay as been superb for us he is a great lad and a true professional he as done a great job in the positions we have asked him to play some of which he is not used to playing but I am sure if I asked him to play anywhere on the pitch he would. Now my take on it he as not repeat as not been playing centre forward.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1316 on: December 27, 2018, 11:02:47 PM »

It is your opinion. Thats what this site is about .
You have your opinion on Jays role, I have mine, and others have theirs.
Its your opinion.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1317 on: December 28, 2018, 02:29:09 AM »
If the chance arose would anyone on here sell Jrod to Burnley for £15m and get vydra or vokes on loan as part of the deal until the end of the season?

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1318 on: December 28, 2018, 04:34:53 AM »

His position on the pitch isn’t limited by his position on a piece of paper.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1319 on: December 28, 2018, 04:51:16 AM »
If the chance arose would anyone on here sell Jrod to Burnley for £15m and get vydra or vokes on loan as part of the deal until the end of the season?
At £20 Million, yes
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1320 on: December 28, 2018, 05:11:37 AM »
Centre forward? Centre forward? More like an inside forward stroke attacking midfield stroke free role behind the main attackers maybe
Astle, Regis, Taylor were centre forwards Rodriquez certainly 'aint being played as a centre forward
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1321 on: December 28, 2018, 08:53:21 AM »
Has long as he is replaced i wont loose any sleep if hes off to Burnley in Jan
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1322 on: December 28, 2018, 09:14:42 AM »
Has long as he is replaced i wont loose any sleep if hes off to Burnley in Jan

I think he is s popular personality and member of the team. I don’t want anything to be destabilised.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1323 on: December 28, 2018, 09:22:10 AM »
His position on the pitch isn’t limited by his position on a piece of paper.

In that case you could also argue he's played centre half because he's back there during corners.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1324 on: December 28, 2018, 09:35:49 AM »
In that case you could also argue he's played centre half because he's back there during corners.

Shh,   You fool!!!   :o   If TP gets to hear that he'll put a bid in !  :D
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!