Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 363226 times)

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #750 on: February 15, 2018, 08:03:47 PM »
Got a 3 week respite from the FA

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #751 on: February 15, 2018, 09:03:22 PM »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #752 on: February 16, 2018, 12:27:46 AM »
Great link, many thanks and cheers to Auntie Beeb.

According to said link Claudio Yacob and Sam Field have pretty impressive conversion stats too.

May as well give them a go up front  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #753 on: February 21, 2018, 08:45:35 PM »
So, Firminio (Liverpool, top six club) let off and no malice from Holgate. Who anticipates a similar result for Jay or thinks the FA will need "to take a stand"?
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #754 on: February 21, 2018, 08:59:53 PM »
So, Firminio (Liverpool, top six club) let off and no malice from Holgate. Who anticipates a similar result for Jay or thinks the FA will need "to take a stand"?
Just seen this - I've been saying form the outset it'll be a case of Bong was right to report it, but there is insufficient evidence to charge JayRod. I REALLY hope this is the case now, as if not, it'll be a massive case of double standards

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #755 on: February 21, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »
why am I not suprised? strange this incident happened two weeks before Rodriguez and the outcome takes two weeks longer. I like a good conspiracy.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #756 on: February 22, 2018, 05:09:19 PM »
How can 2 incidents with both only involving 2 people yet 1 gets dismissed while the other gets charged. The FA has so much to answer for
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #757 on: February 22, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »
How can 2 incidents with both only involving 2 people yet 1 gets dismissed while the other gets charged. The FA has so much to answer for

Word around these parts is that Holgate has admitted to the FA that he may have misheard. Which bears out seeing as hearsay is strong he only made such a fuss to avoid an almost certain red card.

Hence, Firmino cleared of wrong doing but Holgate correct to raise the complaint albeit based on a mistake. Everyone saves face.

Suspect Bong has made no such concession.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #758 on: February 24, 2018, 07:10:36 PM »
Was really poor today. His first touch is terrible.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #759 on: February 24, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »

Have said it before the song we've got for him contains the line, 'never gives the ball awaaaay'. If it wasn't serious I'd think it was the ultimate in trolling from the Albion faithful.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #760 on: February 24, 2018, 07:14:57 PM »

Horrible first touch, always off-side and bad at passing. I genuinely believe Anichebe offered us more - especially in build-up play.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #761 on: February 24, 2018, 08:05:49 PM »
another great signing for recruitment department and Pulis, one word pooh.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #762 on: February 25, 2018, 03:13:33 PM »
I think some of the most recent criticism of Jay Rod is a bit harsh, especially  as you need go back only a couple of weeks to find posters moaning that he'd been dropped from the starting eleven. He has scored some good goals this season, taking the chances clinically,  and is still the club's leading scorer. If we do get relegated, there won't be many other forwards in the Championship with his all round quality and workrate.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #763 on: February 25, 2018, 03:20:10 PM »
Problem is with Rodriguez is where do you play him? His control and lack of presence stop him from playing lone striker role,  quite simply not a good enough player to be a No.10 , looks lost when out wide. To me he just isn't a premier league player
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #764 on: February 25, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
Problem is with Rodriguez is where do you play him? His control and lack of presence stop him from playing lone striker role,  quite simply not a good enough player to be a No.10 , looks lost when out wide. To me he just isn't a premier league player

100 percent. The death of the 442 at the highest level has left strikers like Rodriguez behind. Triers, passable finishers, but no real technique or skill.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #765 on: February 25, 2018, 04:00:03 PM »

100 percent. The death of the 442 at the highest level has left strikers like Rodriguez behind. Triers, passable finishers, but no real technique or skill.
Are you serious? So if your not a classic 'target man' then as a forward you have no future.
So Messi and Neymar might as well pack up then?  Some, probably most, of the strikers with real technique and skill are not target men.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #766 on: February 25, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »

Jay Rodriguez was at his best in a 433 / 4321 at Southampton when he used to cut in from the left hand side. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:08:59 PM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #767 on: February 25, 2018, 05:04:10 PM »
Are you serious? So if your not a classic 'target man' then as a forward you have no future.
So Messi and Neymar might as well pack up then?  Some, probably most, of the strikers with real technique and skill are not target men.

They all play in a 3. If we played a front 3 with 3 skilful strikers Rodriguez still wouldn't fit in.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #768 on: February 25, 2018, 05:06:49 PM »
He'll be at his level in the Championship next year.
Should do OK  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #769 on: February 25, 2018, 05:10:29 PM »

Also I never mentioned target men and it's baffling you conjured up the best player of all time and the 3rd or 4th best player in the world as a defence of the appalling Jay Rodriguez.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #770 on: February 25, 2018, 05:19:29 PM »
I wasn't overly impressed when we signed him, especially the money we spent on him. We could have used that better.

Again we went for what was regarded as the 'tried and tested' option, and we've had our fingers burned.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #771 on: February 25, 2018, 05:56:48 PM »

Also I never mentioned target men and it's baffling you conjured up the best player of all time and the 3rd or 4th best player in the world as a defence of the appalling Jay Rodriguez.
Firstly, one man playing up top on his own is most people's definition of a target man. He couldn't really be anything other.
I was picking up on your comment that "the death of the 442 at the highest level has left strikers like Rodriguez behind. Triers, passable finishers, but no real technique or skill."  What you seem to say is that the extra striker is nothing better than a trier, passable finisher (not that you should be dismissive about that)  and with no real technique or skill. That's a helluva lot of very decent second strikers you're writing off.
Most of the greatest strikers we have seen were not classic target men.  We can differ about Rodriguez ( I happen to think he has good anticipation, a decent finisher, good workrate and let's not forget capped by England with Southgate allegedly monitoring him). But, if we are never going to play with more than one striker up top, why have we got 3 recognised strikers; Sturridge, Rondon and Rodriguez? 

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #772 on: February 25, 2018, 06:14:44 PM »
Firstly, one man playing up top on his own is most people's definition of a target man. He couldn't really be anything other.
I was picking up on your comment that "the death of the 442 at the highest level has left strikers like Rodriguez behind. Triers, passable finishers, but no real technique or skill."  What you seem to say is that the extra striker is nothing better than a trier, passable finisher (not that you should be dismissive about that)  and with no real technique or skill. That's a helluva lot of very decent second strikers you're writing off.
Most of the greatest strikers we have seen were not classic target men.  We can differ about Rodriguez ( I happen to think he has good anticipation, a decent finisher, good workrate and let's not forget capped by England with Southgate allegedly monitoring him). But, if we are never going to play with more than one striker up top, why have we got 3 recognised strikers; Sturridge, Rondon and Rodriguez?

I didn't mention target men. Extra strikers. 2nd strikers. I mentioned Jay Rodriguez and intimated players of a similar skill set to Jay Rodriguez. You have tried to make it into a blanket statement when it was anything but.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #773 on: February 25, 2018, 06:20:43 PM »
On FIFA Rodríguez is a Left Midfielder and Judging by the Way he plays he Should be on the Left He would give Pace and Assist but due to the way we've being Playing he has to either Go higher up and played out of his position Credit For J rod though he has given some Key goals albeit meaning Jack pooh at the end of it
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #774 on: March 07, 2018, 11:54:01 AM »
Have I missed the decision?
Why's it taking so long?
Its affecting his play?
Does this joker Bong just want some publicity back home?
Its one mans word against the other,so no contest.
There should be time limits on this type of accusation,say 48 hours.