Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2229639 times)

Raymond John and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #1525 on: August 28, 2012, 12:55:43 AM »
When I read the article from the Express I thought it was a rant by an enraged fan :)

Lerner has pumped Millions into Villa the only trouble was that there were some serious errors of judgement by Martin O'Neil and not only has a lot of transfers bad business but the wage bill spiralled to 90% of turnover.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

Every manager since O'Neill has struggled with a legacy of a declining squad and the necesity to try to balance the books.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1526 on: August 28, 2012, 01:46:52 AM »
When I read the article from the Express I thought it was a rant by an enraged fan :)

Lacks a certain literary detachment, doesn't it?

Lerner has pumped Millions into Villa the only trouble was that there were some serious errors of judgement by Martin O'Neil and not only has a lot of transfers bad business but the wage bill spiralled to 90% of turnover.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

Every manager since O'Neill has struggled with a legacy of a declining squad and the necesity to try to balance the books.

Randy keeps hiring the wrong people, both in Brum and Cleveland -- long may it continue.

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #1527 on: August 28, 2012, 05:22:34 AM »
Look at villas buys in 2008-09 season 51.3 million on absolute tripe. 4 million for nicky shorey 10 million for curtis davis 5 million for Luke Young . Only one player Friedal was any good out of that pile no wonder Randy stopped giving O Neil money.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1528 on: August 28, 2012, 10:30:24 AM »
Some of O'Neill's sales were equally misjudged Cahill,Ridgewell, Gardner and Moore would all be an improvement on the current squad.  :D Okay maybe not Moore he got lucky with that one.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1529 on: August 28, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
Look at villas buys in 2008-09 season 51.3 million on absolute tripe. 4 million for nicky shorey 10 million for curtis davis 5 million for Luke Young . Only one player Friedal was any good out of that pile no wonder Randy stopped giving O Neil money.

And the really funny thing is he has started doing it all over again at SFC................. :)

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1530 on: August 29, 2012, 07:11:40 PM »
Signed Middlesbrough's second choice left-back Joe Bennett today.

In fairness I think he is highly rated. They still they need experience and quality desperately.

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1531 on: August 29, 2012, 09:45:24 PM »
Lerner splashed the money for O'Neill and sure they had success but it's safe to say he did not get any real rewards for the 100+ million he spent. Gave up all that money to just be a real good team but not good enough for Champions League where he expected O'Neill to take them. So I assume he was looking at the books after four years and figured if I spent all this money and could not get into any Champions League spots then unless Lerner wanted to end up like Portsmouth he had to start reining in the spending, cut payroll and hope to become a average mid-table team but at the same time not being tens of millions in debt every year with 6th place finishes which are respectful but your not going to benefit from extra European money. He splashed the cash and after four years had enough and figured he would be better off financially by being a more average side than spending millions to be a really good side but not great. Look at what Moyes has done in 08/09 finished 1 point above Villa in 5th and the next season three points behind Villa in 8th. Everton recently finish 5-8 and with less money splashed about so I can see Lerner throwing his hands up and closing the pocketbook. Not that Moyes has not spent but spent more wisely. I believe Fellaini cost them 15M club transfer record Yakubu for 11M but really most of his signings are not that flashy or expensive. Anyway back to Villa long may they struggle and I guess who cares why as long as they continue to be poor. :P

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1532 on: August 30, 2012, 01:05:03 PM »
Linked with players from Charlton and Chesterfield.

Asset stripping.
I only go for the beer.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #1533 on: August 30, 2012, 01:08:41 PM »
They are doing just what we did in the 80's.

Alot of Villa fans are seriously worried now.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1534 on: August 30, 2012, 01:29:29 PM »
I dont understand their policy, its all well and good signing good young players but Villa have plenty of those anyway, they have one of the best youth policies in the country.

What they badly need is some proven experienced premiership players, they have some good kids and players like Bent you know if he is given service will score goals, they obviously can spend money still, they spent £9m last year on Nzogbia, if i was the Villa i would of been looking at the likes of Adam Johnson not letting him go Sunderland, possibly Charlie Adam, Berbatov, players still with a point to prove, even a Paul Scharner would of been ideal for them.

I dont know exact but i think there summer signings are either kids or foreigners when what they are surely crying out for is some premiership experience to get them off to a good start instead of the start they have had.

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1535 on: August 30, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »
http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=73389

First post is so deluded it's almost not even funny. 

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1536 on: August 30, 2012, 01:39:29 PM »
my sides hurt  ;D
I only go for the beer.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1537 on: August 30, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »

Another yampy muppet from Vile Park.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1538 on: August 30, 2012, 01:51:07 PM »
Lambo No.5? speed and prowess of the Gabster? Champions League qualification hahahahahaha, comedy gold!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1539 on: August 30, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
They all all upset and outradged because Robbie Savage predicted them to go down, so what we got Le tissi and the rest of them on the panel against us.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #1540 on: August 30, 2012, 03:25:59 PM »

And that is why everyone hates the deluded prats. I was comparing the teams we both put out on Saturday and honestly I would only have Bent in our lineup I think it's clear we are a much stronger team than they are long may it continue.

Villa Team - Given, Vlaar, Clark, Baker, Lowton, El Amhadi, N Zogbia, Bannan, Herd, Bent, Delfonso
Subs - Guzman, Lichaj, Ireland, Delph, Holman, Weimann, Burke

Albion Team - Foster, Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Mulumbu, Yacob, Morrison, Fortune, Long, Dorrans
Subs- Myhill, Dawson, Jones, Brunt, Rosenberg, Lukaku, Gera

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1541 on: August 30, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »
Villa Team - Given, Vlaar, Clark, Baker, Lowton, El Amhadi, N Zogbia, Bannan, Herd, Bent, Delfonso
Subs - Guzman, Lichaj, Ireland, Delph, Holman, Weimann, Burke
Champions league you're having a laugh, think he's got mixed up with Championship!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1542 on: August 30, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »
I asked the most stubborn of villa fans i know today, an oldish fella at work if he genuinely saw any chance of them stopping up and he looked me straight in the eye and swiftly replied with 'no'.

Maybe they are starting to realise?
Keep St.George in my heart.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1543 on: August 30, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
Their transfer policy is ridiculous this summer. They are crying out for some players with a little quality and possibly more importantly some decent Premier League experience. Their youngsters may be highly rated but they aren't ready for what lies ahead, they got lucky last season an if they carry on as they are they may not get that luck this time.

I for one hope they go down and I don't think its that unrealistic a proposition with the squad they have.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1544 on: August 31, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
Agreed a fee with Fulham for Dempsey this morning and the player turned them down flat. Will be interesting to see what develops today obviously trying to do something to lift the gloom although they have left it a little bit late in the day.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1545 on: August 31, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »
You have just got to laugh.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1546 on: August 31, 2012, 10:55:18 AM »
Villa have bought another physical specimen from the lower leagues, to go with that Bennett lad from Boro. Looks like Lambert wants a Big, Fast team with athletic players.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1547 on: August 31, 2012, 10:57:19 AM »
?"Dempsey was on strike at FFC, his agent said what will it be, will it be Villa, they've offered a fee, here's what he said to me.......WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SON, AND GO GET YOUR FATHERS GUN, AND SHOOT THE VILLA SCUM, SHOOT THE VILLA SCUM"
I only go for the beer.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1548 on: August 31, 2012, 01:15:54 PM »
They've brought me great delight this morning. My initial reaction to hearing they had a bid accepted for Dempsey was "you lucky swinebags, they've done it again", but to hear that Dempsey doesn't want to go to them was priceless. Instead, they've managed to sign Jordan Bowery!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1549 on: August 31, 2012, 01:16:40 PM »
Who? That sounds like a river.
I only go for the beer.