Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2229826 times)

hardtobeat and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #1400 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:30 AM »
42 years ago Villa had just been relegated to the third division. But I know the thing you're thinking of...it's on the tip of my tongue...I was just telling everyone in California about it the other day....  ???
Think you will find they were all there  ;)
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1401 on: May 23, 2012, 10:07:31 AM »
Ex Braga and Lisbon manager today stated hes interested in the Job.

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1402 on: May 23, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »
Apparently, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was keen to pit his wits against some of the best in Europe and unfortunately Aston Villa were unable to offer him Champions League football...

Ole: I want to manage in the Champions League.

Lerner:  yes, well we won the European Cup you know, so thats great!!

Ole: That was a long time ago though.

Lerner: Yeah but no but yeah but no but shut up 'because we still won it!

Ole: But I want to manage in the Champions League soon.

Lerner: Well we've already won the European Cup once, so that means we're in a great position to push on next season and get back into that top four where we belong.

Ole: But you were rubbish last season, I'm not coming to Villa!

Lerner: But we won the European Cup!!!!

Ole: I know, thats 3 times you've mentioned it now, at least you are a proper Villa fan, its not very often that the owner acts like the fans.  I respect that, but I'm going to go and manage Albion instead.  It may take a while to sort my contract out though.  My agent is trying to get me £3 million a year, but Jeremy Peaces first offer was a pack of Fruit Pastilles.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1403 on: May 23, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »
Anybody fancy Hesky
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1404 on: May 23, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1405 on: May 23, 2012, 12:12:46 PM »
His wife  ;D

You sure about that?  ;) Kerching $$££€€

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #1406 on: May 23, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »
Anybody fancy Hesky
No, Fortune is Heskey+, no need to downgrade to the inferior model which is well past it. I wouldn't mind Cuellar though.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1407 on: May 23, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »
You sure about that?  ;) Kerching $$££€€

You're not suggesting that some women are with footballers for anything other then love are you?  ???  ::)

baggielad82

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1408 on: May 27, 2012, 08:48:20 AM »
Just read a rumour that Di Matteo is a favourite for the Vile job. What does everyone else think about this?

Seems like a backwards step if you ask me!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/gossip/
I'm watching you Ghandi!!!

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1409 on: May 27, 2012, 09:31:37 AM »
I don't see the fascination in RDM, he got us up yes.. but looked tactically inept when we got in the prem and was in trouble. We would have gone down if RH wasn't employed.

He's took on a Chelsea side which has great experienced players, all they needed was motivation. Yes he won the CL but the players had the bit between the teeth and wanted to prove something.

If he goes back to a side that needs organizing well such as the villa, then i think he'll take them down... which is a big bonus.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1410 on: May 27, 2012, 10:25:38 AM »
Going from winning the Champions League one season to working for Randy Lerner at Vile Park the next would be extremely depressing.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1411 on: May 27, 2012, 10:51:46 AM »
Villa want a West Brom reject. How the mighty have fallen
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1412 on: May 27, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »
It's hard to tell if he would be a success. He eventually came unstuck here but then won the FA cup and champions league with a depleted Chelsea side. That has to count for something surely?

I think he will be a highly desirable manager for clubs if Chelsea dont take him on full time. Only then will we be able to see if we got it right about him.
Boing Boing

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1413 on: May 27, 2012, 03:11:29 PM »
Ex Braga and Lisbon Sporting manager today stated hes interested in the Job.

Domingos Paciencia?

If it is then, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Go get him Randy!!!

blackcountryblues

« Reply #1414 on: May 27, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
RDM is way above the vile job.
He done wonders with us and was never allowed to turn around a bad run caused by major defensive injuries.
His success at Chelsea is immense, you do not win the Champions League just because a couple of old timers have a point to prove, it must have took some fantastic managerial and personal skills to pull that lot together to get results in Barca and Bayern.
RDM is going places. Villa aint!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1415 on: May 27, 2012, 08:59:05 PM »
RDM is way above the vile job.
He done wonders with us and was never allowed to turn around a bad run caused by major defensive injuries.
His success at Chelsea is immense, you do not win the Champions League just because a couple of old timers have a point to prove, it must have took some fantastic managerial and personal skills to pull that lot together to get results in Barca and Bayern.
RDM is going places. Villa aint!

RDM was taking us down, he is at best adequate, at worst a managerial fraud. Eddie Newton is the doer in that relationship.
Baggie in Southampton

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #1416 on: May 31, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »
Ok so I have this friend who's a massive villa fan and I made the comment the other day that a large proportion of their fans have delusional expectations for next season.

So he has a 10 minute rant at me about how much I hate Villa and how they had near CL a few years ago and they're disappointed to lose it - thus expectations are high.

How do I just chill out and stop him from getting so defensive?

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1417 on: May 31, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »
Ok so I have this friend who's a massive villa fan and I made the comment the other day that a large proportion of their fans have delusional expectations for next season.

So he has a 10 minute rant at me about how much I hate Villa and how they had near CL a few years ago and they're disappointed to lose it - thus expectations are high.

Kick him in the b******* the villa b******  :P :P :P

I have a load of villa mates & I just nod my head & smile when they tell me what a big club they are *yawn*  :o (not very helpful sorry)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:07:11 PM by Baggies »

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #1418 on: May 31, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
Yeah, I think I should just keep my mouth shut. Once you say something slightly out of turn they get outraged!

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1419 on: May 31, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »

Dont worry hes making good progress. He got rid of Mcleish his condition should improve

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1420 on: May 31, 2012, 11:10:11 PM »

Many in the age group 0-35 have not been used to seeing any of the loal West Midlands teams above or alongside Villa and I think this change has made them get a bit tetchy. While we are used to the "banter", they arent. They have always been able to say "s***** little Albion/Blues/Wolves" but now they cant and so it is a culture shock. Not since the late 70's/early 80's have they been in this position, and even then they had a league title and a European cup win to laud over their rivals. I just wouldnt talk too much football with them - the dont have the thick skins their local rivals have.
Boing Boing

deejay

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1421 on: June 01, 2012, 03:37:53 AM »

Slap him he's a villa fan  its legal
Hoult,Mulligan,Statham,Brown,Robertson,Wile,Robson,Cunningham,Regis,Giles,Johnston. I HATE VILLA MORE THAN YOU

http://david3525.fotopic.net            http://jacksgallery.fotopic.net

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1422 on: June 02, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »
villa have Lambert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18307066

Aston Villa have confirmed that Norwich City boss Paul Lambert has been appointed as their new manager.

A statement on Villa's official website  said: "The board of Aston Villa are delighted to confirm that Paul Lambert has been appointed Villa manager."

Villa have been without a manager since sacking Alex McLeish the day after the final game of the season.

Lambert, 42, guided his Canaries side to a 12th-placed finish in their first season back in the Premier League.

Rich99

« Reply #1423 on: June 02, 2012, 12:28:08 PM »
To be fair to them Lambert may prove to be a decent appointment for them, but he's not going to have much cash to work with by the looks of things.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1424 on: June 02, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
I seen various reports in the media claiming he'd given a £20million warchest. I would like to think that isn't true and Lerner keeps those purse strings tight to his chest. He is a good appointment to be honest for Villa and he should get a lot more out of their young footballers than McLeish did. They're not bad footballers but they weren't suited to McLeish's negative caveman style. Allowing them to express themselves might change their fortunes. Hopefully not!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom