Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2230682 times)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #1175 on: April 25, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »
Steve Bruce would be a good fit for them. Boring football and profligate with the money. :)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1176 on: April 25, 2012, 07:48:28 PM »
Steve Bruce would be a good fit for them. Boring football and profligate with the money. :)

What about the Big Eck at Wolves?
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1177 on: April 26, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »

All of which strikes a chord with McLeish's time at Birmingham. Even in his best league season at St Andrew's, in 2009-10, when Birmingham came ninth place – their highest top-flight finish since 1959 – it was anything but pretty to watch, with McLeish's side scoring only 38 goals in as many games. Last season Birmingham scored only 37, less than a goal a game. This season Villa have scored 36 in 35 matches. In other words, a pattern is starting to emerge and it is one where entertaining football is absent.

There are other uncomfortable parallels to be drawn with last season, when Birmingham's campaign followed a broadly similar pattern to Villa's this term, as form fell away badly at a critical stage. Indeed, this time last year, Birmingham were 15th in the table, as is the case with Villa now, but had a four- rather than three-point cushion over the bottom three with three games remaining. Birmingham lost all three matches and went down.

Probably the best thing I've ever read. Thought they'd just scrape it, but if Birmingham went down with a 4 point cushion we can dream.

Rich99

« Reply #1178 on: April 26, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »
O'neill's Sunderland are safe now, it may be a good time to try the youngsters against Bolton.  Let's hope so.  ;D

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1179 on: April 26, 2012, 02:29:04 PM »
itd be a win win if bolton beat sunderland and spurs. that way they would overtake villa, and therefore we got into their game trying to win, rather than purposely lose for the vile! also good if wigan win this weekend and qpr beat stoke  ;D

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #1180 on: April 26, 2012, 06:33:24 PM »
As a hand on heart post some of me feels pretty sorry for some of their supporters. I know a chap who has been a season ticket holder for near on 15 years home and away went to all the European games as well (even the one in Russia where they put out a second team) and he didn't once grumble or moan about it. However when he heard McLeish had become manager he gave it all up and decided to go to watch Redditch United saying he wasn't going to pay money to watch the drivel that was going to be served up by Villa this season.

I genuinely feel sorry for the hardcore villa fans not the one's the minute you get in a debate about football they bring up the European cup, the proper fans deserve better. I guess been the biggest team in the midlands brings it fair share of ***** over the years.

simwba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1181 on: April 26, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »
As a hand on heart post some of me feels pretty sorry for some of their supporters. I know a chap who has been a season ticket holder for near on 15 years home and away went to all the European games as well (even the one in Russia where they put out a second team) and he didn't once grumble or moan about it. However when he heard McLeish had become manager he gave it all up and decided to go to watch Redditch United saying he wasn't going to pay money to watch the drivel that was going to be served up by Villa this season.

I genuinely feel sorry for the hardcore villa fans not the one's the minute you get in a debate about football they bring up the European cup, the proper fans deserve better. I guess been the biggest team in the midlands brings it fair share of ***** over the years.

Not an ounce of sympathy from me, for any of them. I've waited years for this opportunity. Finally, we're the top dogs, now it's our time to take the urine and watch these lot suffer.
Forever Albion.

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #1182 on: April 27, 2012, 12:18:08 AM »
Not an ounce of sympathy from me, for any of them. I've waited years for this opportunity. Finally, we're the top dogs, now it's our time to take the urine and watch these lot suffer.

I think it's maybe more of the fact a few of my mates are villa fans and there good lads and proper football fans. However i would like to see them go just for the amount of rubbish i'v had to put up with over the years from the 95% of their fans who are complete backsides

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1183 on: April 27, 2012, 12:42:05 PM »
We actually sent the Vile down almost 53 years ago to the day 29th April 1959. Ronnie Allen getting a late equaliser to relegate the claret and spew.
Last match of the season that was though.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1184 on: April 27, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »
Seal colleague has just suggested Pep Guardiola as Villa's next Manager 'once that clown leaves this summer'. Funny thing is though he is deadly serious!  ???

Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1185 on: April 27, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
Just had a right laugh at this on their forum...

"West Brom are almost as rubbish as us at home. And we are marginally better away from home. Hopefully we can get all 3 points, though I doubt it. They came from behind to beat us there last season."

Considering we've done brilliantly away from home this season, how can they be 'marginally' better away from home? And how are we nearly as rubbish as them at home considering the points difference? It can't be both worse than you away and only just better then you are home.

Are they dingles in disguise? So, genuinely, so thick.
Keep St.George in my heart.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1186 on: April 27, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »

"West Brom are almost as rubbish as us at home. And we are marginally better away from home. Hopefully we can get all 3 points, though I doubt it. They came from behind to beat us there last season."

Considering we've done brilliantly away from home this season, how can they be 'marginally' better away from home? And how are we nearly as rubbish as them at home considering the points difference? It can't be both worse than you away and only just better then you are home.

Stone me for attempting to defend a Seal. I say he is attempting to state that Villa's away form is marginally better than their home form which he in turn deems to be on a par with our home form.

While it may be reasonable over the season, we have had a major improvement in home form since the Dingles thrashing, while their general form has plummeted with the loss of Bent and the departure of Robbie Keane. So I still think he talking our of his butthole if he thinks form suggests they beat us. 

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1187 on: April 27, 2012, 04:26:14 PM »
Post from Black Country Villa

Re: The Baggies

by Blackcountryvilla on April 26th, 2012, 11:13 pm

I think you all probably know my stance on this pooh so called football club called west brom, I flipping hate them with a passion, going on Saturday and hope to god we beat them, not going to be a fun night at work on Sunday if they've turned us over and put us in more shiza. Let's shut these Albion bastards up, shiza on the Albion, come on you lions.

BlackcountryvillaRegular
 Posts: 883Joined: August 29th, 2007, 8:03 pmLocation: CradleyMy Holte Hero: Ian TaylorCurrent Fav: Barry BannanKarma: 6

He does'nt like us, remind him next time he appears.
Baggie in Southampton

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1188 on: April 27, 2012, 04:31:37 PM »

I think you all probably know my stance on this pooh so called football club called west brom, I flipping hate them with a passion, going on Saturday and hope to god we beat them, not going to be a fun night at work on Sunday if they've turned us over and put us in more shiza. Let's shut these Albion bastards up, shiza on the Albion, come on you lions.

BlackcountryvillaRegular
 Posts: 883Joined: August 29th, 2007, 8:03 pmLocation: CradleyMy Holte Hero: Ian TaylorCurrent Fav: Barry BannanKarma: 6

Don't think its the same one, the one on here is from Wednesbury
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1189 on: April 27, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »

BlackcountryvillaRegular

Nope it's not me. I wouldn't be stupid enough to pay £42 to go and watch that rubbish tomorrow and to watch us lose, i don't live in Cradley and Barry Bannan is s*ite.
Did you know we won the European Cup?

DevonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1190 on: April 27, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »

BBC sport website:
Away                W    D    L    F    A        GD       Pts

West Brom:       7    4    7     22    28      -6         25
Aston Villa:        3    9    5    17    26      -9         18

Yeah shows how smart that vile fan is, Thick Dip****
Boing Boing!
Bye Bye Wo1ve5s

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1191 on: April 27, 2012, 08:23:26 PM »
Nope it's not me. I wouldn't be stupid enough to pay £42 to go and watch that rubbish tomorrow and to watch us lose, i don't live in Cradley and Barry Bannan is s*ite.

Good, i would have been disappointed, your posts are generally pretty reasonable. ;)
Baggie in Southampton

BaggieJames114

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1192 on: April 27, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO1Lm8EcODQ&feature=related%29.

Id forgot about that gem hahahha

Do you believe in the Villa?  ;D ;D :D

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1193 on: April 28, 2012, 01:08:42 AM »
'The Bells are singing'

NethertonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1194 on: April 28, 2012, 01:19:58 AM »
Been waiting years for this opportunity to get back at the Vile, cant say I know or have met a decent villa supporter, all the ones I have seem to relish lording it over me that there club is the mighty Aston Villa, pride of the midlands! and that I support little Albion and should look upon them with awe and fear.....

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1195 on: May 01, 2012, 07:35:59 PM »
so if spurs beat bolton tomorrow night and we beat them sunday that means villa are safe even if villa lose to spurs as bolton would only be able to catch them on goal difference which aint going to happen

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #1197 on: May 04, 2012, 12:39:28 AM »
Gatecrasher? I thought only 16 year olds went there.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1198 on: May 04, 2012, 06:13:42 AM »
Exactly :0
I only go for the beer.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:25:28 PM by Baggies »
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten