Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2243528 times)

Kicking Pigeons

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #1075 on: April 23, 2012, 08:46:57 PM »
I don't particularly mind Villa, but I remember Paul Merson saying last season that we would never finish above them. So close to doing it. It always comes across as a bit paranoid to complain about it, but of all the pundits out there Paul Merson really is the one who strikes me as not liking us at all.

Incidentally, his predictions for this season were Pardew sacked first, N'Zogbia best signing, and Torres top scorer  :D
Must never have met one of their fans then.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1076 on: April 24, 2012, 02:59:01 AM »
Yes, they were being sold off in the club shop for a tenner. The pompey fans were getting 'POMPEY' in letters on the back.

Great, great day. It was very odd when they celebrated like mad when we scored and how they boinged along with us. Would love to see some decent clips on youtube from that day.

They started singing "come on you Baggies" 15 minutes before kick off! It's a shame they cheated us out of the FA Cup really or else I would have a proper soft spot for them.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1077 on: April 24, 2012, 09:15:34 AM »
A loss tonight would see them three points above the relegation with three games to play.

A - Albion
H - Spurs
A - Norwich

An ideal situation would be for Villa to lose tonight and again this weekend meaning they go into the Spurs game outside the bottom three on goal difference.

I know deep down this won't happen, but while there is still a chance I will dream  :D

Richie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1078 on: April 24, 2012, 09:39:10 AM »
If Villa lose to Bolton they are up pooh creak to be honest, I've seen Bolton play us, Villa away and Wolves at home this season and other than Wolves they are hands down the worst side in this league who play tippy tappy sideways football, they have no bite in the midfield (especially now Mumamba is out) and they can't defend set pieces or crosses into the box.

If they go to Villa Park tonight and beat them that will be hilarious because they are useless and to be honest I think that could mean Villa go into the final game needing to win to stay up haha.

I think Villa will win tonight comfortably because Bolton are poor, but saying that they'll be no atmosphere there tonight as it is because the Holte's been a joke this season, so if Bolton can stay in the game and frustrate Villa for as long as possible the crowd will turn. On Saturday the Holte end chanted 'Alex, Alex you're a t*at' that's the '12th man' for you.
THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME, THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME, WE ARE THE ALBION, THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME.

Westbrom.com FC Official top goalscorer with 26 goals - 2004 - 2006 - The Bomber Brown of this board !

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1079 on: April 24, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »
If Villa lose to Bolton they are up poo creak to be honest, I've seen Bolton play us, Villa away and Wolves at home this season and other than Wolves they are hands down the worst side in this league who play tippy tappy sideways football, they have no bite in the midfield (especially now Mumamba is out) and they can't defend set pieces or crosses into the box.

If they go to Villa Park tonight and beat them that will be hilarious because they are useless and to be honest I think that could mean Villa go into the final game needing to win to stay up haha.

I think Villa will win tonight comfortably because Bolton are poor, but saying that they'll be no atmosphere there tonight as it is because the Holte's been a joke this season, so if Bolton can stay in the game and frustrate Villa for as long as possible the crowd will turn. On Saturday the Holte end chanted 'Alex, Alex you're a t*at' that's the '12th man' for you.

Do you go up Villa often mate? I've been up a few times this season (free tickets) and going again tonight and fully expect Bolton to put in a performance. Villa were lucky not to lose the game Saturday as the Sunderland goal should have stood.

Villa are the kings of jam and as always they will wriggle their way out of trouble.

In a strange kind of way I hope they stop up so that they keep McLeish and have a similar season next season.

On second thoughts, they need to go down!

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1080 on: April 24, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »
I wouldnt go and watch Villa if you payed me!!!
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1081 on: April 24, 2012, 10:54:46 AM »

Aidan, you the man  8)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Richie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1082 on: April 24, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »

Well they pay me and i have to go lol

Do you go up Villa often mate? I've been up a few times this season (free tickets) and going again tonight and fully expect Bolton to put in a performance. Villa were lucky not to lose the game Saturday as the Sunderland goal should have stood.

Villa are the kings of jam and as always they will wriggle their way out of trouble.

In a strange kind of way I hope they stop up so that they keep McLeish and have a similar season next season.

On second thoughts, they need to go down!

Yes I've seen them as much as us because of work.

They have been lucky in a lot of the games I've seen, Shay Given has been the difference between them getting points they havent deserved and getting beat, He's a world class keeper and if you can get behind Villa you;ve still got to get behind him.

I think they are worse at home than away which is why I'm not taking them lightly on Saturday. At home they are one-diemensional and have to battle with their own crowd. Away in the Premiership its a bit more acceptable to go and soak up pressure and play of the break (we do it) and so do they and that suits them better.

They are very resilient away from home as well, but we have the gravey to beat them !

As for tonight I think as poor as Villa are they'll have too much for Bolton who are a spineless side.... hope I'm wrong though lol
THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME, THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME, WE ARE THE ALBION, THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME.

Westbrom.com FC Official top goalscorer with 26 goals - 2004 - 2006 - The Bomber Brown of this board !

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1083 on: April 24, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »
Richie you are my hero.  You really do a good job of winding the Villa fans up outside the ground sometimes.  Makes me chuckle.

However, if I was asked to be paid to go to the Villa, I'd resign :)

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1084 on: April 24, 2012, 02:43:19 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gmReDmRCjg&feature=player_embedded

Thought i would bring this back to life :D
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1085 on: April 24, 2012, 03:06:03 PM »

They're thick as dog muck there mate. Sat in the Holt when we played them last year and they didn't cotton on, despite me standing up and arguing that we should have hard a corner and a penalty. You could have a right laugh watching them. You could start 'Alex Mac's barmy army' chants if you liked and they'd join in.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1086 on: April 24, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »

Thought i would bring this back to life :D

Oh Dear  :-[

The fat lady's singing for the claret & blue  :P

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1087 on: April 24, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »
"McLeish overwhelmed as Emile Heskey gets a ball under control"

I only go for the beer.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1088 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »

;D priceless

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1089 on: April 24, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »

"Wake up Alex, its not a bad dream, you really are the manager of villa"

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1090 on: April 24, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »
I don't particularly mind Villa, but I remember Paul Merson saying last season that we would never finish above them. So close to doing it. It always comes across as a bit paranoid to complain about it, but of all the pundits out there Paul Merson really is the one who strikes me as not liking us at all.

Incidentally, his predictions for this season were Pardew sacked first, N'Zogbia best signing, and Torres top scorer  :D

probably he had a few sherberts :D

Richie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1091 on: April 24, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »
Let's not forget this belter from celebrity Villa fan Niki Evans of X Factor fame.... with this terrace belter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMogWN7BLjU

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1092 on: April 24, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
cant see them winning tonight, super emile upfront for them. also i expect lowest gate of the season? Unless its cheap tickets...wack some wedge on bolton and barca

BaggieJames114

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1093 on: April 24, 2012, 05:06:34 PM »
Let's not forget this belter from celebrity Villa fan Niki Evans of X Factor fame.... with this terrace belter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMogWN7BLjU

lmao thanks for linking this. wow this was cringey

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1094 on: April 24, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »
Championiees?

Notice her Mic says "Blues"  ;D
I only go for the beer.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1095 on: April 24, 2012, 05:15:18 PM »
Right i never win bets so i have just had £5 on the villa to win
Baggie Terra

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1096 on: April 24, 2012, 05:18:10 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO1Lm8EcODQ&feature=related

hahaha an extended version of the Vile singing a bunch of monstrosity songs, thick seals.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1097 on: April 24, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1098 on: April 24, 2012, 05:27:29 PM »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1099 on: April 24, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
Beating them with ten men  :D :D :D :D :D :D. Super Mulumbu.

I have refused to believe they will go down all season and I still think they are safe due to their penchant for draws however if they lose tonight I might just start to believe. 2 points away from the drop zone with 3 to go - and 2 away - and ill find it hard not to get very excited.

Ill wait until the end of the night to genuinely believe, but the chance to drop them in deep s*** at the weekend is something I think a lot of Albion fans will pray for after 25 years of total smugness from the seals towards WBA.

Boing Boing