Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 725078 times)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #3050 on: June 04, 2019, 05:14:34 PM »
Only one of those three knows about football. So why appoint a sporting and technical director and not listen to him if your assertions are correct. Would Lai and Jenkins take advice from Dowling in their field of expertise? I doubt it

It's not an exclusively football related decision though is it?

According to a number of reports we're looking to have a shift in our style, whichever style we adopt, the owner would have to be comfortable with it.

It's been well reported that Lai would be consulted before any appointment is made & that Lai had an influence on the decision to appoint Darren Moore.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3051 on: June 04, 2019, 05:20:01 PM »
After we decide on who we want Jenkins will probably have to fly to China for Lai to sanction it. Lai may disagree or the target could be poached by someone else in the mean time.
Great way to run a club.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3052 on: June 04, 2019, 05:20:52 PM »
As I've said before, we are happy to give god awful players 50k a year, but wont put our hands in our pockets for a potentially good manager. Our board clearly don't rate managers as leaders. Heres a suggestion - Get rid of Dowling and Jenkins, and use the money on hiring a decent manager. Joke Club, Joke Board, Joke Owner - Back to the 1980's again !!! Bobby Gould anyone??
I assume that you 50k a week and there definitely won’t be players currently earning that pay and definitely won’t be at the start of the season.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3053 on: June 04, 2019, 05:27:39 PM »
He actually said "Struggling to tempt anyone they want" & yet Matt Wilson, today, said that money is not an issue with Labaddia.

Matt described the situation as "spinning plates" which suggests that they have a number of options
Personally, I think they know they have to make an appointment soon, but at the moment Dowling, Jenkins & Lai are not quite on the same page on who to appoint.

It suggests to me that they have a number of plates......

Its going to be Appleton, we all know it.
MAGA!

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3054 on: June 04, 2019, 05:28:52 PM »
After we decide on who we want Jenkins will probably have to fly to China for Lai to sanction it. Lai may disagree or the target could be poached by someone else in the mean time.
Great way to run a club.

Is FaceTime not a thing in China?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3055 on: June 04, 2019, 05:31:54 PM »
iPhones aren’t a thing in China.l, let alone FaceTime.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3056 on: June 04, 2019, 05:35:39 PM »
No, but nothing stopping them having a video call on WeChat. Certainly no need to go to China.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3057 on: June 04, 2019, 06:00:17 PM »
With the amount of plates the board has been spinning and for how long they have been spinning them i can't help but think we found where the owners of the greek restaurant next to the original Snobs up town ended up at.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3058 on: June 04, 2019, 06:31:48 PM »
iPhones aren’t a thing in China.l, let alone FaceTime.

They must have Skype if they have PC's
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3059 on: June 04, 2019, 06:54:04 PM »
They must have Skype if they have PC's
Skype’s banned by the government I believe, WhatsApp too.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3060 on: June 04, 2019, 07:37:40 PM »
Yes they have their own ring fenced system and there was talk of a censored google search
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3061 on: June 04, 2019, 09:12:17 PM »
Id have liked Shan to get the job now. Whoever gets the job next will have a major blip on their hands. Its almost like they were following fergie into the job. Im trying to say set to fail. The team appears to be totally different. Too much change.

Shan restored pride and so did moore. I miss them already. At least it felt like fans mattered to the club. I feel like its pardew all over again.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3062 on: June 04, 2019, 09:14:15 PM »
The more I think about this appointment the more I come to the conclusion it won't be anybody with a backbone, the club is in a complete mess and the board will take someone on, tie his hands behind his back and run for cover.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3063 on: June 04, 2019, 09:34:11 PM »
The more I think about this appointment the more I come to the conclusion it won't be anybody with a backbone, the club is in a complete mess and the board will take someone on, tie his hands behind his back and run for cover.
I think the exact opposite, whilst we are all critical of the suits, they must be reasonably astute and if so they should realise that the appointment of someone capable and forthright is what is needed!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3064 on: June 05, 2019, 04:37:33 AM »
 ;D I am beginning to think Shan should get the job with as assistant of his choice.

He was only a penalty away from getting us to Wembley and maybe PL?

Has he really done that badly considering the "tools" he has to work with??

Gayle and Brunt send-offs were not his fault but probably cost us a shot at the PL.

There are a lot of good kids in the Academy who could step up to the Chumps league.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3065 on: June 05, 2019, 05:49:34 AM »
;D I am beginning to think Shan should get the job with as assistant of his choice.

He was only a penalty away from getting us to Wembley and maybe PL?

Has he really done that badly considering the "tools" he has to work with??

Gayle and Brunt send-offs were not his fault but probably cost us a shot at the PL.

There are a lot of good kids in the Academy who could step up to the Chumps league.

I think he did a great job taking over for Moore. Kept us relevant upto the last couple of games.
It came down to a penalty shootout but if JRod s goal attempt at Villa Park had gone in and not been pushed onto the bar we would be looking at a huge cash windfall right now.
MY reservation with Shan getting the job is when it all fails we will lose another good coach that has been at the club for many years.
The turnover of backroom staff is as bad as sacking managers and losing half the team.
We have to bring new blood into the managers position or we will collapse completely.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 06:13:42 AM by Nice1Cyrille »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3066 on: June 05, 2019, 06:31:19 AM »
Interesting to see that Pearson has done a very good self promoting interview with Sky.
I hope our suits pick it up

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11734762/nigel-pearson-interview-leicester-success-belgian-differences-and-why-reputations-can-be-misleading
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3067 on: June 05, 2019, 06:59:06 AM »
Interesting to see that Pearson has done a very good self promoting interview with Sky.
I hope our suits pick it up

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11734762/nigel-pearson-interview-leicester-success-belgian-differences-and-why-reputations-can-be-misleading

Pardew is a bloody good manager on Sky so is Tim Sherwood. No thanks.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3068 on: June 05, 2019, 07:50:28 AM »
Nixon saying anyone they want doesn’t fancy it.

Nixon knows a lot of what is going on within football and is very rarely wrong.

however when it comes to midlands football he is always wide of the mark for some reason.

he was adamant in January we were signing Giles Barnes for instance.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3069 on: June 05, 2019, 08:02:02 AM »

I've advocated we should be going for Pearson since Darren Moore got the bullet.
Strong character, stands no rubbish from anyone, and don't forget apart from getting Leicester promoted, in essence that was his team that won the Premier League.
I think he might be a little too much of his own man for our suits.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3070 on: June 05, 2019, 08:03:59 AM »
I think you are being a bit dismissive of Pearson. Surely a better managerial record, than many of the candidates.
I would be happy with him, but probably a bit too "up front" for Jenkins, and I am not sure Dowling would be comfortable with him.
His credentials make him a worthy candidate, and only a fleeting previous connection with the club!
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3071 on: June 05, 2019, 08:31:14 AM »
Nixon knows a lot of what is going on within football and is very rarely wrong.

however when it comes to midlands football he is always wide of the mark for some reason.

he was adamant in January we were signing Giles Barnes for instance.

Yes, you are absolutely right, he was.

Nixon's info clearly cannot be relied on. Of all the journo's Matt Wilson is the only one I'd trust.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3072 on: June 05, 2019, 08:45:38 AM »
Jon Percy is the main man for the Albion from what I have seen. Wilson always seems to have his story out a few hours after Percy

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3073 on: June 05, 2019, 08:54:04 AM »
Dowling 'Well Bruno, what sort of wage are you thinking of?' Bruno 'I thought around £40k per week' Dowling 'Thats £2m a year!' Bruno 'Thats correct. Is that an issue?'
Dowling' I suppose not, but thats the entire transfer budget as well' Bruno 'Ok, see you later'

Press report club are still interested in Bruno, but are looking at other options.......
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:56:04 AM by Maresca Was A Baggie »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3074 on: June 05, 2019, 08:56:30 AM »
Dowling 'Well Bruno, what sort of wage are you thinking of?' Bruno 'I thought around £40k per week' Dowling 'Thats £2m a year!' Bruno 'Thats correct. Is that an issue?'
Dowling' I suppose not, but thats the entire transfer budget as well' Bruno 'Ok, see you later'

Press report club are still interested in Bruno, bit are looking at other options.......

Press report club are still interested in Bruno, bit are looking at other cheaper options....