Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123521 times)

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4250 on: June 11, 2019, 01:59:19 PM »
And in an inferior team that went down in 19th.

I can’t believe there are fans that are unhappy to receive £16.5m for a 30 year old.

I hope Dawson goes ASAP and we receive £10m+ for him.  Let’s give our Irish kid a go in his place. 

Ultimately we need a young dynamic team.  Kyle Edwards has shown he’s good enough.
you’re spouting out points with no substance, that Fulham team cost a fortune to build, mitrovic played 5 more games, had 42 more attempts on goal, yet scored the same amount of goals as Rondon, one of which was a penalty too, so far you’ve said south America is full of poor national team, mitrovic was a better player and the Fulham team was inferior to Newcastle despite having superior players in it, all your points have been disapproved by actual facts and stats, if you don’t like rondon fair enough, if you’re going to argue it at least use facts instead plucking random stuff out the sky.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4251 on: June 11, 2019, 06:37:08 PM »
you’re spouting out points with no substance, that Fulham team cost a fortune to build, mitrovic played 5 more games, had 42 more attempts on goal, yet scored the same amount of goals as Rondon, one of which was a penalty too, so far you’ve said south America is full of poor national team, mitrovic was a better player and the Fulham team was inferior to Newcastle despite having superior players in it, all your points have been disapproved by actual facts and stats, if you don’t like rondon fair enough, if you’re going to argue it at least use facts instead plucking random stuff out the sky.

I couldn’t care about Rondon.  Facts are he wants to leave so take the £16m whether that’s to Molineux or anywhere else.

In essence you pull apart other people’s posts/opinions whilst not having the confidence, courage or conviction to regularly convey your own thoughts.  The forum is about opinions.  Are you an encyclopaedia on  football matters?

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4252 on: June 11, 2019, 07:49:41 PM »
I couldn’t care about Rondon.  Facts are he wants to leave so take the £16m whether that’s to Molineux or anywhere else.

In essence you pull apart other people’s posts/opinions whilst not having the confidence, courage or conviction to regularly convey your own thoughts.  The forum is about opinions.  Are you an encyclopaedia on  football matters?
you’ve come on here and put an argument forward that has been disproved by fact and now you throw your toys out the pram like a child because people have shown what you said had no substance to it. Perhaps making your opinion public isn’t wise if you aren’t comfortable with people responding to it after all that’s the point of a forum, to discuss peoples opinions. I totally apologise to you for not being a regular poster, that is terrible of me, I will definitely be taking you’re feedback on board and make more effort to meet my post quota 🙄. Perhaps go through my posts and you’ll see I’m more than happy to give an opinion.

An encyclopaedia may be beneficial for you to fact check your statements if your going to whinge about people correcting them.
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4253 on: June 11, 2019, 09:29:21 PM »
you’ve come on here and put an argument forward that has been disproved by fact and now you throw your toys out the pram like a child because people have shown what you said had no substance to it. Perhaps making your opinion public isn’t wise if you aren’t comfortable with people responding to it after all that’s the point of a forum, to discuss peoples opinions. I totally apologise to you for not being a regular poster, that is terrible of me, I will definitely be taking you’re feedback on board and make more effort to meet my post quota 🙄. Perhaps go through my posts and you’ll see I’m more than happy to give an opinion.

An encyclopaedia may be beneficial for you to fact check your statements if your going to whinge about people correcting them.

Dear me.  None of what I’ve said Is wildly off the mark.  Other people have qualified some of the things I said. 

You still haven’t come forward with an opinion and it is mildly irritating to see others try to correct peoples statements. 

If gutted about Rondon I’ll respect that point of view.

Nobody has yet voucher for the quality of USA v Venezuela and international football at large.

Post edited again due to people not knowing how to quote

Is it so hard for people to quote properly ? Click QUOTE and post after the last word that says quote. Any more and posts will just be removed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:42:53 PM by OldburyWBA »

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4254 on: June 11, 2019, 09:58:35 PM »
Rondon is a cart horse, anybody who game is based on trying to please the fans by the what should be a given namely, working hard is a joke.

The fact he is such a terrible penalty taker says it all about him imo.

Get him out ASAP, and hopefully the td can show us the confidence he says we should have when getting rid of such players.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:19:00 PM by BalisPen »

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4255 on: June 11, 2019, 10:02:07 PM »
Dear me.  None of what I’ve said Is wildly off the mark.  Other people have qualified some of the things I said. 

You still haven’t come forward with an opinion and it is mildly irritating to see others try to correct peoples statements. 

If gutted about Rondon I’ll respect that point of view.

Nobody has yet voucher for the quality of USA v Venezuela and international football at large.

Post edited again due to people not knowing how to quote

Is it so hard for people to quote properly ? Click QUOTE and post after the last word that says quote. Any more and posts will just be removed.
I don’t feel the need to keep repeating opinions, I’ve said previously that rondon offers more to a team than he’s given credit for and there’s a reason managers and team mates rate him so highly, if your that eager for an opinion read through my posts.

If using a statement to support an opinion it should at least be factual. As for the quality in the USA game, yes it’s poor but that doesn’t quantify that every other international games he’s played in has been of low quality.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:05:44 PM by NathWBA »
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4256 on: June 11, 2019, 10:15:09 PM »
I don’t feel the need to keep repeating opinions, I’ve said previously that rondon offers more to a team than he’s given credit for and there’s a reason managers and team mates rate him so highly, if your that eager for an opinion read through my posts.

If using a statement to support an opinion it should at least be factual. As for the quality in the USA game, yes it’s poor but that doesn’t quantify that every other international games he’s played in has been of low quality.

No I don’t have to be factual.  Other people aren’t factual.  BalisPen has been scathing of Rondon without being factual and that’s fine.  I wait for you to criticise him......

This comparison of Rondon / Mitrovic was based on last season not others.  Who cares what the minute per goal ratio was.  There are so many grey areas when trying to conduct this analysis.

Not long to go before everyone can move on from Rondon in an Albion shirt.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4257 on: June 11, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »
No I don’t have to be factual.  Other people aren’t factual.  BalisPen has been scathing of Rondon without being factual and that’s fine.  I wait for you to criticise him......

This comparison of Rondon / Mitrovic was based on last season not others.  Who cares what the minute per goal ratio was.  There are so many grey areas when trying to conduct this analysis.

Not long to go before everyone can move on from Rondon in an Albion shirt.
If it’s not factual don’t whine if people question its credibility then.
my response was based on their stats from last season, rondon scored the same goals in less games and shots. So on last seasons showing rondon was better than mitrovic, rondon also got 7 assists to mitrovic’s 3, again rondon offers more than he’s given credit for. His games is more than goal scoring, what he does brings others into play and creates chances for others.

My debate was with yourself as your comment was the one I replied to, and it is you I was conversing with,  balispen commented after I had replied to you, I’m not going to debate with every single poster with a different opinion.
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4258 on: June 12, 2019, 12:05:42 AM »
I’ll be glad when he’s gone. If only to stop the bickering.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4259 on: June 12, 2019, 06:42:32 AM »
q
If it’s not factual don’t whine if people question its credibility then.
my response was based on their stats from last season, rondon scored the same goals in less games and shots. So on last seasons showing rondon was better than mitrovic, rondon also got 7 assists to mitrovic’s 3, again rondon offers more than he’s given credit for. His games is more than goal scoring, what he does brings others into play and creates chances for others.

My debate was with yourself as your comment was the one I replied to, and it is you I was conversing with,  balispen commented after I had replied to you, I’m not going to debate with every single poster with a different opinion.

My points are that others have posted far more disparaging stuff about Rondon which you’ve chosen to ignore.  I tried to qualify what I’ve said by going deeper into the argument, others don’t even do that.  Your approach is inconsistent. 

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4260 on: June 12, 2019, 06:47:08 AM »
Rondon is a cart horse, anybody who game is based on trying to please the fans by the what should be a given namely, working hard is a joke.

The fact he is such a terrible penalty taker says it all about him imo.

Get him out ASAP, and hopefully the td can show us the confidence he says we should have when getting rid of such players.

I've seen some rubbish takes on here but this could well be the worst. Cart horse, oh dear.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4261 on: June 12, 2019, 08:27:24 AM »
I agree with the sentiments that if you don't rate Robson, you haven't got a clue, so pointless debating it with you. Robson is the best striker we have had in years, he just happened to play in an ultra defensive team for the most part.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4262 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »
If Bilic does become the next manager I have a feeling he will look to keep Rondon, I believe he plays a 4-2-3-1 formation. Rondon would be perfect in that formation.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4263 on: June 12, 2019, 09:08:32 AM »
If Bilic does become the next manager I have a feeling he will look to keep Rondon, I believe he plays a 4-2-3-1 formation. Rondon would be perfect in that formation.

At a reported £60,000 a week, we can’t afford him. But, like you, I think he would get goals in the Championship for us.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4264 on: June 12, 2019, 09:11:25 AM »
we would lose him on a free at the end of next season.

he's already made it clear he wants to leave and play at higher level.

Jenkins will be looking at his spreadsheet and wanting some money to add in from the sale of Rondon.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4265 on: June 12, 2019, 09:20:10 AM »
I agree with the sentiments that if you don't rate Robson, you haven't got a clue, so pointless debating it with you. Robson is the best striker we have had in years, he just happened to play in an ultra defensive team for the most part.
Really? better than Odemwingie I don't think so.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4266 on: June 12, 2019, 09:37:29 AM »
I like Rondon but it would be bad business to keep him.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4267 on: June 12, 2019, 09:42:04 AM »
Really? better than Odemwingie I don't think so.

Rondon was poor for us and his record proves that. a lot thought it was because we played "defensive" but he used to have regular chances and conversion rate was very poor.

many fans thought he would score a lot more in a newcastle team that played more attacking and open than a "defensive" west brom but he scored 2 more than his first season with us and played 2 premier league games more.

Rondon is a bottom end of the prem striker and in my opinion isnt good enough to lace odemwingies boots.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4268 on: June 12, 2019, 09:50:07 AM »
I like Rondon but it would be bad business to keep him.

Agreed, although as BoingFlyer has said he would suit 4-2-3-1, there is no point in keeping a player that doesn't want to be here.

IMO it's pointless comparing him with Odemwingie as they play in completely different styles.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4269 on: June 12, 2019, 10:01:20 AM »
Rondon was poor for us and his record proves that. a lot thought it was because we played "defensive" but he used to have regular chances and conversion rate was very poor.

Couldn't agree more.  I mean, don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice guy, his hold up play could be brilliant at times, but his actual finishing was pretty poor.  I'm not talking "ooh, he's done well to get a shot off there" type chances, but more "how on earth did he miss that?" chances.  Far too many of those for a top striker. 

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4270 on: June 12, 2019, 10:10:31 AM »
Couldn't agree more.  I mean, don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice guy, his hold up play could be brilliant at times, but his actual finishing was pretty poor.  I'm not talking "ooh, he's done well to get a shot off there" type chances, but more "how on earth did he miss that?" chances.  Far too many of those for a top striker.

agreed.

in 4 premier league seasons and 140 games hes scored 35 goals which is exactly one goal every 4 games. for those of you who watch Albion on a weekly basis will see the amount of chances he used to miss for us on a regular basis and exactly like boinging along said, they weren't half chances, they were sitters.

He seems a lovely man and does work hard but i would not fancy a hard working striker who scores 1 in 4 for £16.5m personally.

i would love £16.5m for him and re-invest back into the team.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4271 on: June 12, 2019, 10:27:04 AM »
Take the 16.5million and give it to Bilic to bring in a couple of faces.

Hoping Bilic will know of a couple of European gems to bring in for reasonable prices, and use his contacts to get some loans in.

Bakeyaface

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4272 on: June 12, 2019, 10:30:03 AM »
Take the 16.5million and give it to Bilic to bring in a couple of faces.

Hoping Bilic will know of a couple of European gems to bring in for reasonable prices, and use his contacts to get some loans in.

Fully agree, I'd take that money at this level and re-invest (hopefully wisely) and also have to factor in Rondon's wages we should save a little on

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4273 on: June 12, 2019, 01:09:55 PM »

He wont stay here. Not  chance; cannot afford wages, would not risk losing him on a free in 12 months time. As many have already said, take the £16+m and give to the new manager who can hopefully bring in a younger more hungry guy on a much more reasonable wage.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4274 on: June 12, 2019, 01:14:53 PM »

I rate Robson very highly, probably the best best box to box MF this country has ever had, and we developed him.

As for Rondon he couldn't lace Odemwingie's boots and when you want to be disparaging about other posters' opinions and about them having a clue or not as they don't agree with you, it may assist your patronising argument more to get your robsons and rondons correct because one was the sublime and the other the disloyal ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:20:43 PM by BalisPen »