Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1128969 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4225 on: June 10, 2019, 08:52:27 AM »
Absolutely no way Rondon will be loaned out again.

He will be sold this summer, if no one matches his release clause then he will be sold late in the window for around 10million just to recoup some money and free the wages.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4226 on: June 10, 2019, 10:06:57 AM »
sorry cocked that up, just wanted to say absolutely spot on, Pulis cost him some of the best years of his career. Worked his guts out for us every game. Good luck to him.

How do you work that out?   He scored 2 goals fewer than he did for Rafa 'expansive game' Benitez.  I'd argue he 100% should have scored more for us under Pulis if his finishing wasn't quite as poor as it was.  There were too many glaring misses.

And even ignoring that...   

He moved over to the Prem, played for us and is now a Prem player wanted by several club, his earnings, his potential earnings and his reputation have sky rocketed.   How is that wasting his best years?  Do you think his long term career would have been better if he'd stayed in Russia?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4227 on: June 10, 2019, 10:07:58 AM »
Scored twice and got an assist over the weekend as Venezuela beat the US 3-0, he's now his countrys top scorer of all time.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4228 on: June 10, 2019, 01:13:30 PM »
Just heard a rumour that him moving to Wolves is a done deal, they're just waiting to announce it.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4229 on: June 10, 2019, 06:58:47 PM »
Just heard a rumour that him moving to Wolves is a done deal, they're just waiting to announce it.

Good he’s over the hill.  Probably one decent season left at Premier League level.  Big deal he scored v USA probably the equivalent standard of Peterborough.  Surprised Dingles haven’t set their sights higher with their spending power.

No brainier to offer Newcastle a loan fee plus wages for Gayle once Rondon has gone.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4230 on: June 10, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »
Good he’s over the hill.
2 goals and an assist at international level argue against that

Probably one decent season left at Premier League level.
Based on ?.

Big deal he scored v USA probably the equivalent standard of Peterborough.
Not quite , international sides are quite a goodleveler these days

Surprised Dingles haven’t set their sights higher with their spending power.
Like who for a realistic amount of 15m?

No brainier to offer Newcastle a loan fee plus wages for Gayle once Rondon has gone.
What’s Gayle international record like....if it’s easy ?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 09:02:08 PM by OldburyWBA »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4231 on: June 10, 2019, 09:07:36 PM »

Wake up - the standard of international football has never been lower.  Teams like Gibraltar, Kosovo, Liechtenstein introduced to add to all of the rubbish former Soviet and Yugoslav teams.  USA are awful.

Rondon is £16m yet has no pace or skill to beat a man.  Yes good in the air and rocket shot.  There’s are players out there better and for <£16m.  Mitrovic as a comparison.A

I’m looking forward to us banking £26m from Dawson and Rondon. 

We should be looking to get the best possible player in the mould of Grealish we can.  That is the type of player we need to unlock defences.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4232 on: June 10, 2019, 09:18:24 PM »
Wake up - the standard of international football has never been lower.  Teams like Gibraltar, Kosovo, Liechtenstein introduced to add to all of the rubbish former Soviet and Yugoslav teams.  USA are awful.

Rondon is £16m yet has no pace or skill to beat a man.  Yes good in the air and rocket shot.  There’s are players out there better and for <£16m.  Mitrovic as a comparison.A

We should be looking to get the best possible player in the mould of Grealish we can.  That is the type of player we need to unlock defences.
You may need to wake up yourself, Venezuela haven’t played those countries at all in the recent few years , they did however beat and draw with Argentina Rondon scored...but they are only a small team?

I’d take Rondon over mitrovic, clearly so would Rafa benitez, he’s the guy that won champs league and various other accolades...mitrovic is under the expert tutelage of Scott Parker

The other two answers to my questions I just don’t get ...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4233 on: June 10, 2019, 09:36:25 PM »
You may need to wake up yourself, Venezuela haven’t played those countries at all in the recent few years , they did however beat and draw with Argentina Rondon scored...but they are only a small team?

I’d take Rondon over mitrovic, clearly so would Rafa benitez, he’s the guy that won champs league and various other accolades...mitrovic is under the expert tutelage of Scott Parker

The other two answers to my questions I just don’t get ...

There's 1 good team in the South American qualifying and that's Brazil.  If you can't see that the Champions League is a better standard than internationals then I worry for you.  Fact is Mitrovic scored more last season.  USA are trash as a football team. Rondon is average and £16m is a good cadh haul for a 30 year old whos on his way down.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4234 on: June 10, 2019, 09:37:19 PM »

They are ranked 5 places above Venezuela  ;D ;D

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4235 on: June 10, 2019, 09:44:55 PM »
They are ranked 5 places above Venezuela  ;D ;D

Care to put forward an opinion on international football?  Your post means nothing as I stated I don't rate USA or Venezuela.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4236 on: June 10, 2019, 09:45:31 PM »
Struggle to take anyone seriously who doesn't think Rondon is a good player.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4237 on: June 10, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
There's 1 good team in the South American qualifying and that's Brazil.  If you can't see that the Champions League is a better standard than internationals then I worry for you.  Fact is Mitrovic scored more last season.  USA are trash as a football team. Rondon is average and £16m is a good cadh haul for a 30 year old whos on his way down.
..........and there are 6 South American sides in the top 20, and Venezuela aren't one of them. If you want to make an argument against Rondon, at least get your facts straight.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4238 on: June 10, 2019, 10:00:07 PM »
..........and there are 6 South American sides in the top 20, and Venezuela aren't one of them. If you want to make an argument against Rondon, at least get your facts straight.

I’ve just said rightly or wrongly I think international football is a low standard so yes that still includes top 20 sides.  Argentina were shocking in the World Cup 12 months ago.  Croatia were effectively 2nd and they were no more than decent.

Rondon is not Champions League quality.  Maybe 5 years ago when he was in a decent Malaga team.  I repeat no pace, no skill to go round defenders.  He is an average Premier League player. 

We need to find players of the ilk of Koumas, Koren, Gera, Texeira.  Players that make things happen.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4239 on: June 10, 2019, 10:04:53 PM »
I’ve just said rightly or wrongly I think international football is a low standard so yes that still includes top 20 sides.  Argentina were shocking in the World Cup 12 months ago.  Croatia were effectively 2nd and they were no more than decent.

Rondon is not Champions League quality.  Maybe 5 years ago when he was in a decent Malaga team.  I repeat no pace, no skill to go round defenders.  He is an average Premier League player. 

We need to find players of the ilk of Koumas, Koren, Gera, Texeira.  Players that make things happen.

His skillset is not about beating players though. It's all about his ability to bring others into it.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4240 on: June 10, 2019, 10:26:35 PM »
Struggle to take anyone seriously who doesn't think Rondon is a good player.
Well actually there are several posters on here who do not share your opinion. When playing for us, I said that he "could not hit a cows backside with a banjo". People blamed Pullis and our sterile play, but I would also say that there were many times when he did definitely not give his all, and people said it was due to his concerns about problems in Venezuela, lack of chances provided etc,etc.
He has played better for Newcastle, does not want to play for us, so could not care less where he goes. At £16.5m we are getting a good deal.
Your throw away comments are insulting Jacko, especially when you value a very poor player like Brunt so highly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:30:05 PM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4241 on: June 10, 2019, 10:49:14 PM »

Correct.

France are world champions. They may be just about top six quality in the Premier League (one to eleven) and would not get to the semi finals of a Champions League. Croatia would be in a relegation battle over a 38 game season.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4242 on: June 10, 2019, 11:04:14 PM »

Correct.

France are world champions. They may be just about top six quality in the Premier League (one to eleven) and would not get to the semi finals of a Champions League. Croatia would be in a relegation battle over a 38 game season.
France would be top 3
Even then it doesn’t make an argument about the state of international football, nor that Rondon isn’t a better footballer than mitrovic?

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4243 on: June 10, 2019, 11:32:15 PM »
mitrovic scored the same amount of premier league goals last season as rondon in 5 more games.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4244 on: June 11, 2019, 06:32:44 AM »
mitrovic scored the same amount of premier league goals last season as rondon in 5 more games.

And in an inferior team that went down in 19th.

I can’t believe there are fans that are unhappy to receive £16.5m for a 30 year old.

I hope Dawson goes ASAP and we receive £10m+ for him.  Let’s give our Irish kid a go in his place. 

Ultimately we need a young dynamic team.  Kyle Edwards has shown he’s good enough.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4245 on: June 11, 2019, 06:40:45 AM »
Regardless of what he's done or how he's played for us in the past, it's all water under the bridge.
It's gone. It doesn't matter.
He doesn't want to be here so we should be out to get the maximum amount of wonga we can for him.
Thanks Sal.
Kerchinggg
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4246 on: June 11, 2019, 08:59:54 AM »
Regardless of what he's done or how he's played for us in the past, it's all water under the bridge.
It's gone. It doesn't matter.
He doesn't want to be here so we should be out to get the maximum amount of wonga we can for him.
Thanks Sal.
Kerchinggg

couldn't agree more.

Rondon should have scored more for us with the chances he got but he didn't, his conversion rate was below average I seem to recall for Premier league strikers...wasn't it something like 1 in 11?
He struggled in an ultra defensive Pulis team where he was often isolated and the midfield were so far far behind him that even when he held the ball up he had virtually no support.

He scored  and assisted more in a slightly more attacking Newcastle side as a number of players got forward to support him.

I would like us to be in the market for a big target man that can hold the ball up well and also score a few as well as a Gayle type striker as I think we need that kind of diversity in the squad.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4247 on: June 11, 2019, 09:02:24 AM »
I wish him well.

He gave his all for us when he was here, his conversion rate isn't the best but the effort and commitment he gives the team will always ensure he's a fans favourite.

I don't think the move to Wolves will be good for him, he will be rotated a lot with Jimenez and he won't get the luxury of any mistakes as he's coming from us.

Never the less, I thank him for his efforts, it couldn't have been easy playing in a Pulis team.

All the best Sal.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4248 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:07 PM »

Correct.

Are you fishing, or is that a genuine response? I'm genuinely asking, because I don't think anybody could look at that France team and seriously think that.

Anybody who thinks the likes of Argentina or Uruguay are rubbish really need to watch more (non-English) football.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4249 on: June 11, 2019, 01:05:49 PM »

I'd do any kind of deal which included someone like Costa or Cavalerio coming the other way.

Read a report online which seemed to suggest Wolves were happy to move those two on.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom