Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1325701 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #2900 on: March 11, 2019, 04:50:52 PM »
The guy who did Kirkland got 16 weeks I believe. I agree it should have been longer but I guess there are other social / political issues with Jail / prisons that come in to play sadly.

I would punish Blues by closing the stadium for a length of time. It may not be fair, but the hope would be that the situation is then self-policing in future due to knowing you would get shunned by your own, cost you club in refunds etc.

Close it for 3 games and I imagine thats probably half a mill in revenue to the club through refunds and loss of commercial revenue.

I think a points deduction potentially costs other fans and the club a bit too much.

Whatever Blues get then Arsenal should get exactly the same and also Hibs, be interesting to see how individual clubs get punished if at all.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2901 on: March 11, 2019, 04:53:42 PM »
Its a shame that Alfie Perkins won't be in a cell with him too...... w anchor
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2902 on: March 11, 2019, 04:59:59 PM »
I have mixed feelings. I'm not sure points deduction is fair. There's nothing stopping a supporter from a rival club donning a shirt and buying a ticket then legging it onto the pitch knowing they will be deducted points, and what does the 'fan' get? A short holiday at the tax payers expense but his club could jump above them/gain promotion/avoid relegation. I know it's a long shot, but stranger things have happened.

Although if they did deduct points I would imagine he'd be a prisoner in his own home as I'm sure there'd be fans out looking for him. His address is public.

I think the fine is pathetic. How would a couple of hundred quid make him think?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2903 on: March 11, 2019, 05:09:49 PM »
Bolton haven't paid their players, more trouble ahead for them.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2904 on: March 11, 2019, 05:32:45 PM »
Bolton haven't paid their players, more trouble ahead for them.

If they go under it should help us as we lost to them whilst the others up there didn't.

But, I hope they sort themselves out for the fans sake as they don't deserve what this chancer is doing to their club after Eddie Nolan was such a brilliant benefactor for them.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2905 on: March 11, 2019, 09:01:52 PM »
I agree with a lot of what Dean Smith says about the incident but think he was out of order calling 15k Blues fans idiots for clapping, loads of Blues fans have condemned it when they saw what actually happened, couple of my mates there saw him on the pitch and thought he was just drunk (still not right) but didnt know what he did til half time.

Its likely calling 30k villa fans idiots for a man breaking through security and throwing a cabbage at their own manager....... seems a bit inflammatory and unfair tarring them all with the same brush.

Or thousands of fans invading the pitch when their local rivals players are still on the pitch like a fa cup match a few years ago.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:04:21 PM by Albion79 »

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2906 on: March 13, 2019, 12:32:48 AM »
14 weeks is fair imo.

It was a lowest form of (common) assault and denying him his liberty for about a month is sufficient.

It is clear from the sentence he does not have a history of offending, so it is probably just a drunken dare.

Blose should not get punished imo as every club has its idiots and if I am gravely mistaken didn't one of our own attack a linesman in the dark days on the halfords lane side of the pitch.

Don't tell talksport, but I think the aforementioned lineman was black as well.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2907 on: March 13, 2019, 11:04:24 AM »
At least Ipswich did the same to Brizzle as they did to us, they were looking on a red hot charge for the playoffs a couple of weeks ago

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2908 on: March 14, 2019, 03:50:30 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47568983

FA charges Birmingham City and Aston Villa after derby.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2909 on: March 16, 2019, 02:27:35 PM »
Sheff Utd  1-0 against Leeds and Leeds keeper just been sent off!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2910 on: March 16, 2019, 02:27:41 PM »
FT
Leeds 0-1 Sheffield Utd

Bummer, was hoping for a draw!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2911 on: March 16, 2019, 02:50:50 PM »
FT
Leeds 0-1 Sheffield Utd

Bummer, was hoping for a draw!

Not a bad result if we're still hoping for the autos...
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2912 on: March 16, 2019, 03:04:41 PM »
Not a bad result if we're still hoping for the autos...

Looking at the fixtures that Leeds, Norwich and Sheffield United have and the uncertainty here, I'd bet we will drop more points in the remaining games than any of those will.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2913 on: March 16, 2019, 04:12:17 PM »
Vile currently in a play off spot

Vile 2-0 Borough
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2914 on: March 16, 2019, 05:12:56 PM »
Villa on a real roll now.  Aaargh.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2915 on: March 16, 2019, 05:23:15 PM »
If Villa keep this sort of form up going in to the play offs, you would have to make us only 3rd favourites to win. Always feel your best chance of promotion in the play offs comes either if you finished 3rd or finished 6th after a late surge, and go in with momentum.

Knew Villa would be good once their players clicked under a good manager.
Boing Boing

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2916 on: March 16, 2019, 05:23:36 PM »
It’s them, Wednesday, and Preston making the late charge. I’ve suddenly gained a soft spot for the last two. ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2917 on: March 16, 2019, 05:33:09 PM »

And every chance it's them in the play offs. Always thought Boro were in a false position in 5th, they've lost 3 on the spin now and in the space of a week Villa have closed the gap from 10 points to 1.

West Brom (4th) vs Villa (5th) in the play-offs. Heard it here first.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2918 on: March 16, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
I’d rather play Villa than Boro.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2919 on: March 16, 2019, 05:34:31 PM »
It’s them, Wednesday, and Preston making the late charge. I’ve suddenly gained a soft spot for the last two. ;)

Have to fancy Villa to make 5th  :-X

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2920 on: March 17, 2019, 02:11:24 PM »
Super Dean Smith on the charge  ;D

Doesn't surprise me that he is the one currently doing very well in a job and the Champion of others, our very own Darren, is now out of work having shown too many shortcomings. I really do still wish we had gone for Smith in the summer. It may have been a disaster, we may have been ten points clear at the top of the league right now, no one can say for sure, but I am extremely confident we would be doing far better than we are right now.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2921 on: March 17, 2019, 02:22:19 PM »

Doesn't surprise me that he is the one currently doing very well in a job and the Champion of others, our very own Darren, is now out of work having shown too many shortcomings. I really do still wish we had gone for Smith in the summer. It may have been a disaster, we may have been ten points clear at the top of the league right now, no one can say for sure, but I am extremely confident we would be doing far better than we are right now.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing after we beat the vile many of them were calling for smiths head no doubt 4 games later he is seen as a messiah modern football fans clueless.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2922 on: March 17, 2019, 02:26:44 PM »

Totally agree. Swansea’s Graham Potter was another option we could have gone for and he also has a proven track record in management. Instead we went down the sentimental route and put our faith in two coaches with no managerial experience. Mr Lai should stop penny pinching and go for the best available option.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2923 on: March 17, 2019, 03:09:16 PM »
If we'd signed up Dean Smith he'd have ditched us once Bruce left Villa. He's a massive Villa man. In hindsight he wasn't the man for us.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2924 on: March 17, 2019, 04:02:46 PM »
Can't believe even with the benefit of hindsight anyone thinks this guy is good enough. Please explain his total failure to even 'get by' while Grealish was injured. 13 matches, 13 points.

I'll wait.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.