Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 217465 times)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2018, 02:37:23 PM »
Nowhere to be seen again today. Not a gambler is he our Darren? Don't expect to see any Hope's, Stathams, Bombers, Hartfords, Bennetts or Robertsons coming through any time soon.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2018, 10:44:45 PM »
Nowhere to be seen again today. Not a gambler is he our Darren? Don't expect to see any Hope's, Stathams, Bombers, Hartfords, Bennetts or Robertsons coming through any time soon.

Wasnt needed today, plenty of games left this season for him to get involved in

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »

I'm sure his time will come.  But any manager would find it difficult to leave an experienced pro like Barry off the bench....as a fan I would love to see him play but Darren Moore is manager first and fore.  I hope we keep the same team for the next round of the CC then we will get an idea of how good the kids can really be.

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2018, 11:00:39 AM »
I’m sure these youngsters will get some time against the lesser teams during the season, especially as the build up of games takes its toll. Stoke was a potential 6 pointer come the end of the season and a good start to the season is crucial in this league to build momentum. Can’t blame Darren Moore for putting his strongest team out whilst their all fairly fresh

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2018, 12:13:05 PM »
Hard to criticise a head coach who's bobbing along with a 57.1â„… win ratio

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »
I think its their fitness holding them back at this stage. Can't have players blowing out their backside at 60-70mins. They need to do the full 90 at optimum fitness.

Harper is only 18. A bit young to be thrwoing him in at centre midfield vs Stoke. He's got all the talent, bit of work on his off the ball game and adapting to the physique of the mens game and he'll be in.

In Moore we trust, he's the right man to develop him.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2018, 01:05:53 PM »
I think its their fitness holding them back at this stage. Can't have players blowing out their backside at 60-70mins. They need to do the full 90 at optimum fitness.

Harper is only 18. A bit young to be thrwoing him in at centre midfield vs Stoke. He's got all the talent, bit of work on his off the ball game and adapting to the physique of the mens game and he'll be in.

In Moore we trust, he's the right man to develop him.
Truth of the matter is until someone cops an injury or suspension ,Darren is going to stick with the old guard.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2018, 01:27:15 PM »
Im not sure I agree with the posts saying we are not going to see youth whilst Moore is here, the League Cup games have been a breathe of fresh air compared to previous managers.

It wasnt just Pulis who had an obsession with not giving youth a chance in competitions.

I do agree though with the post that says we will have to wait until injuries or suspensions before those who played in those cup games get a chance when it comes to league football.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2018, 01:30:42 PM »
Hard to criticise a head coach who's bobbing along with a 57.1â„… win ratio

We’re in the second division, currently 7th which isn’t good enough. The win percentage isn’t good enough. Else we’d be in the top two.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »
I agree that yesterday wasn’t the time, but we shouldn’t wait for injuries and suspensions either as that’s throwing them in the deep end.

5-1 up vs QPR was the time. Hopefully there will be games in the next few weeks where they can get time in a confident side playing with a comfortable cushion.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2018, 10:07:53 PM »
I keep banging on about it , but if this kid is not ready to get in this bloody team, than after 64 years of supporting this team, I have never seen a player. We are so poor in midfield, playing Rekeem is a no lose situation.
Our manager does not even pick him in the squad, absolutely disgraceful. 
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2018, 10:22:27 PM »
I keep banging on about it , but if this kid is not ready to get in this bloody team, than after 64 years of supporting this team, I have never seen a player. We are so poor in midfield, playing Rekeem is a no lose situation.
Our manager does not even pick him in the squad, absolutely disgraceful.
he'll get pushed further down the picking order now Hoolahan has signed. this will be Moore's downfall not trying the youngsters like Harper & Field, tonight's match for instance where Brunt and Livermore had zero impact or influence on the game but guaranteed starters next week.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2018, 11:47:47 PM »
For a bloke who was in charge of youth development he really doesn't trust the kids and that's a shame.

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2018, 12:07:28 AM »
he'll get pushed further down the picking order now Hoolahan has signed. this will be Moore's downfall not trying the youngsters like Harper & Field, tonight's match for instance where Brunt and Livermore had zero impact or influence on the game but guaranteed starters next week.

Think it is beyond having no impact - it is actually detrimental to shape and possession and therefore negative impact. Simply don't see how trying Harper in there could be any worse - and if Darren Moore is concerned he could always play the 'experienced' head of Barry alongside to help his development...

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2018, 07:47:48 AM »
Yes give him a go asap.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2018, 09:13:38 AM »
How could he not bring him on against QPR second half? Ideal opportunity. Deserves to be at least on the bench. 7 games into the season now, 20th worst defensive record in the league which is shocking, not a single clean sheet, outside the play-offs by 5pm today, average points return.

It's not good enough so far. Should have won last night, beat Boltin and got a point at Boro. Moore has lots of options but won't use any of then. What's the point having a squad.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2018, 09:17:50 AM »
How could he not bring him on against QPR second half? Ideal opportunity. Deserves to be at least on the bench. 7 games into the season now, 20th worst defensive record in the league which is shocking, not a single clean sheet, outside the play-offs by 5pm today, average points return.

It's not good enough so far. Should have won last night, beat Boltin and got a point at Boro. Moore has lots of options but won't use any of then. What's the point having a squad.

Because he wasn't on the bench. ;D
Think he does deserve a place on the bench along with Field and Edwards.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2018, 12:49:11 PM »
Because he wasn't on the bench. ;D
Think he does deserve a place on the bench along with Field and Edwards.

I think a concern for me is that most games we are seeing only one kid on the bench and thats because we have to have at least one in the matchday squad.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2018, 12:56:42 PM »
I'd put Harper on the bench. If anything happens to Livermore, Harper is the ideal type of player to replace him.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2018, 01:08:17 PM »
I think a concern for me is that most games we are seeing only one kid on the bench and thats because we have to have at least one in the matchday squad.
When did the EFL change the rules about matchday squad age criteria ? ;)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2018, 01:12:30 PM »

I'd put Harper on the bench. If anything happens to Livermore,  Harper is the ideal type of player to replace him. We'd all be delighted?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2018, 01:58:04 PM »
I'd put Harper on the bench.
Personally, I'd put him on the pitch. Admittedly that view is based on a small sample of games that I've seen him play in (Cup games and U23's), but his physical input, technical ability and 'legs' would improve the team.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2018, 02:06:44 PM »

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2018, 02:24:00 PM »
2017  ;)

https://www.footballtradedirectory.com/efl-clubs-agree-to-matchday-squad-rule-change
Missed that. But no doubt you will understand that I had my focus on a loftier league, when this politically correct change was made.  :D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2018, 02:27:49 PM »
Missed that. But no doubt you will understand that I had my focus on a loftier league, when this politically correct change was made.  :D

To be honest I had no idea until a few weeks ago when I heard someone mention it