Author Topic: Gaetan Bong  (Read 2573 times)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Gaetan Bong
« on: September 06, 2018, 05:36:03 PM »

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

Re: Gaetan Bong
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »
Not only a liar but a lawbreaker too.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16688164.albion-defender-caught-speeding-without-licence/

Cue the inevitable comments from Bong: "They only stopped me because I'm black", "Police are racist".

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 07:42:05 PM »
Are we really surprised?

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:52:41 PM »
Karma.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 08:05:28 PM »
How were 6 points accrued on a non existent license in 2016?🤔 Don’t insurance companies ask for driving license details?🤔 Is the Earth really flat?🤔 So many questions to find answers to. Time for a drink.☺️
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 08:33:15 PM »
Bong in his defence (maybe  ;) ):

'Jay Rodriguez was right, my breath stinks. Sacré bleu it was so bad I even had to wind the windows down and drive at speed to outrun my fetid oral whiff. It's not my fault though as the numbers on the speed dial were all in English meaning I had no idea how fast I was going'.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 10:40:46 PM »
Haha,that's really funny Dan, well done.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 11:29:27 AM »
Can't really call him a liar, as he may have genuinely thought he heard what he heard. However, he could have said "there's a chance I misheard." I think this case just shows the level of political correctness in the UK and how ridiculous it's getting. I'm pretty sure if we went abroad and claimed something like this they'd say we misunderstood and that we don't have a leg to stand on.

With regards the driving, this won't be the end of it. I'm sure he will be hit hard. I know someone who just had a driving ban and it wasn't cheap. They now issue fines linked to earnings.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 04:44:12 PM »
How were 6 points accrued on a non existent license in 2016?🤔 Don’t insurance companies ask for driving license details?🤔 Is the Earth really flat?🤔 So many questions to find answers to. Time for a drink.☺️

I could be wrong, but you can drive on some foreign licences for a year or so after coming into the UK before passing your test here. He came to the UK in 2015 so they probably came in his first year. He might have passed his test in Cameroon rather than France meaning he needs to pass the test. A lot of foreign licence holders don't bother getting a licence after that period as they just think "well ive been driving for a year here so what's the problem?".

Unfair to call him a liar about Rodriguez. Nobody really knows for sure what was said, other than Bong and Rodriguez - and even then only Rodriguez can be truely sure. The judgement did not prove him to be a liar, it just rightly came to the decision that nobody could prove Rodriguez said what Bing thought was said. It was quite plausible that Bong, a native French speaker, just misheard.

This case however does not shed him in the best light as it suggests dishonesty - he has driven without a licence for a few years and he will have insurance where he  will have had to say he was a UK licence holder.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:45:49 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing