Author Topic: 6 Feb 2019 Albion 1 Brighton 3 (FA Cup Ro 4 Replay)  (Read 68876 times)

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2019, 11:30:56 PM »
If you watch the equaliser again. Bartley is at fault for his own mistake AND the perceived mistake Dawson has made, then a further mistake of his own. After his dreadful first touch he then makes a move towards the ball which causes Dawson to hesitate. Then Bartley waved his arms to suggest he intended to pass the ball to Dawson and THEN he gets nutmegged on the edge of the box. Woeful.
And I suppose he was at fault for it going through Bonds legs as well unbelievable

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #426 on: February 06, 2019, 11:31:21 PM »
Mention should be made about the ref, why are so many of them so poor? The Brighton no. 10 should have been sent off, the idiot was looking straight at it and did nothing apart from laugh! Later on, Hughton was having a go at the fourth official over some perceived oversight by the ref, the moaning fool should have been thanking the ref for the generosity of allowing Brighton to continue with all 11 players.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #427 on: February 06, 2019, 11:33:22 PM »
And I suppose he was at fault for it going through Bonds legs as well unbelievable

Indirectly I suppose he was BECAUSE THE ENTIRE PASSAGE OF PLAY SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IF HE COULD CONTROL A FOOTBALL.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #428 on: February 06, 2019, 11:34:44 PM »

Hahaha when Big Dave has a net spend of half a billion pounds I'll be on board with this view.
don't need a big budget but play your best team, which for me would have been Bond, back four from league Harper, Barry and Field in the middle with top three of Gayle, Rodriguez and Wes

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #429 on: February 06, 2019, 11:39:57 PM »
As anticipated neither Rodriguez nor Dawson are injured.

We used this tie like a friendly.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #430 on: February 06, 2019, 11:40:41 PM »
don't need a big budget but play your best team, which for me would have been Bond, back four from league Harper, Barry and Field in the middle with top three of Gayle, Rodriguez and Wes

That's fine when your second team is almost undiscernable  in quality from your first eleven.   The decision was made early in the season to have a cup side made up of development players and second string....rightly or wrongly....And they have been consistent with it.

webral

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #431 on: February 06, 2019, 11:40:51 PM »
Some strange tactics again by Moore or was it by Jones? Jones seemed to be in charge of things at the end of 90mins. Having Hegazi and Dawson on the bench was weird unless the pre game plan was always to have another go at 3 at the back during the 2nd half. We left ourselves susceptible to going down to 10 men by using subs early unless it was forced by injuries. The game was there for the taking tonight with a great chance to get to the QFs and beyond with a kind draw which makes it disappointing.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #432 on: February 06, 2019, 11:42:08 PM »
As anticipated neither Rodriguez nor Dawson are injured.

We used this tie like a friendly.

Confirmed where Jacko? ...just to save me searching.   Curious.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #433 on: February 06, 2019, 11:43:26 PM »
Some strange tactics again by Moore or was it by Jones? Jones seemed to be in charge of things at the end of 90mins. Having Hegazi and Dawson on the bench was weird unless the pre game plan was always to have another go at 3 at the back during the 2nd half. We left ourselves susceptible to going down to 10 men by using subs early unless it was forced by injuries. The game was there for the taking tonight with a great chance to get to the QFs and beyond with a kind draw which makes it disappointing.

Jones is desperate for us to return to 3 at the back. Was definitely pre planned tonight.

Matt Wilson has interviewed Moore after the game.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #434 on: February 06, 2019, 11:46:13 PM »
For what it's worth I think a three with Tosin over Bartley now we have Holgate is an option worth investigating.  Untill the wheels came off it produced some devastating football in spells.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #435 on: February 06, 2019, 11:47:22 PM »
if this is true then Moore should come out and explain these decisions or is it Jones who runs the football team (see extra time half time)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #436 on: February 06, 2019, 11:48:21 PM »
For what it's worth I think a three with Tosin over Bartley now we have Holgate is an option worth investigating.  Untill the wheels came off it produced some devastating football in spells.

Would mean one of the other loanees couldn't play. Reverting to a 3 is a disaster imo because if it happens it happens with Bartley and rules out one of the attacking loans because we would need Tosin on the bench.

merson94

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #437 on: February 06, 2019, 11:50:38 PM »
Same old mistakes cost us really, poor individual errors at the back. Feel if we had a Phillips or Gayle on with that added bit of quality we may have nicked it... If's and buts though... Kids played very well. Tulloch really got us up the pitch and showed glimpses of quality. Bit odd seeing Jones taking lots of the team talk at the end of the game, Moore looked liked he was listening in, maybe it happens but just something i saw. Gutted to go out love the fa cup was disappointed with the attendance tonight aswell, mid week cup game on tv but should be getting more in than that, especially as the digles sold out. Full steam ahead through a massive February now!!!
EAT MY GOOOOAAALLLLL

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #438 on: February 06, 2019, 11:52:53 PM »

Would mean one of the other loanees couldn't play. Reverting to a 3 is a disaster imo because if it happens it happens with Bartley and rules out one of the attacking loans because we would need Tosin on the bench.

Cannot play 3 with Bartley.   As some would say.....fact  ;D

If Johansen is the player we are hoping that would leave one of the wingers left out.  Hmmmm.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #439 on: February 06, 2019, 11:53:35 PM »
Haven't got players for three at back central defenders aren't good enough.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #440 on: February 06, 2019, 11:54:49 PM »

If Johansen is the player we are hoping that would leave one of the wingers left out.  Hmmmm.

Cannot play Bartley.

FACT.

Or is it end of?

;D
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

webral

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #441 on: February 06, 2019, 11:59:09 PM »

I'm concerned playing 3 at the back might mean Johansen is the one who does not make the squad considering Brunt was rested and HRK is injured. I hope not but it wouldn't surprise ...

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #442 on: February 07, 2019, 12:13:38 AM »
8,645 there  :o  It was indeed our lowest ever 4th round (or equivalent) crowd at the Hawthorns. Incidentally, 59,445 against Pompey in 1956 is the highest.
if the coaches use this as a friendly then would you blame the fans from not bothering

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #443 on: February 07, 2019, 05:25:55 AM »
Fantastic to see the kids do so well. Harper excellent tonight I thought. Clearly we had no interest in risking our first team, yet we have potentially lost two or three to injury which is a bit of a nightmare.

If we don’t get promoted and we lose a lot of our first team then we have one hell of a youth team available to us.

Correct. It's a shame we didn't get more kids out on loan. That Tulloch looks ready for a loan. Nice to see the academy flourishing. Harper needs a new deal. I also thought field had a good game. Rogers had a chance at 2-1 which could have changed the game next thing you know it was 3-1

As said by jacko and co we had no interest in going through or at least risking "senior first team" players to do so. Can only assume Rodriguez got a knock hence why he was taken off. Even so it was a strange sub and he should have either brought on Gayle or one of the young forwards earlier... back 3 a disaster again.

Think hoolahan deserves a go in the first team. Could easily play a free role behind a front 2 of Rodriguez and Gayle (HRK needs and has needed dropping for a while)

Poor by Darren Moore throwing the cup as it is wide open and we had a home draw that was a winnable game. Brighton didn't look that good and over 2 games it was there for the taking and we have blown it.

However I can't fault the players and their effort & commitment. Great to see the kids get a go and look so promising. They should have had 10 men amazed the ref didn't see it. A few more first teamers out there and more proactive subs and we probably be in the 5th round

O Albion we love you

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #444 on: February 07, 2019, 07:37:46 AM »
I’d have been interested to read the comments in here had we still got Pulis in charge and we took off a striker at half time yesterday to throw on another defender...

I remember the pelters he got whenever he rested players for a cup game. Bizarre the difference in reactions between the two managers

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #445 on: February 07, 2019, 07:56:40 AM »
I’d have been interested to read the comments in here had we still got Pulis in charge and we took off a striker at half time yesterday to throw on another defender...

I remember the pelters he got whenever he rested players for a cup game. Bizarre the difference in reactions between the two managers
But Pulis has done that time after time after time and wove his own noose.

Strange sub - but doing this to go to a back three meant Bartley was out of his depth again as cannot play in a three as it has been proved, Brighton looked more of a threat then.

The academy kids did well and bodes well for next season when the superstars have gone.

I just wish we had more aggression - that’s going to cost us promotion as I don’t think the players are up for much of a scrap

Hope I’m wrong

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #446 on: February 07, 2019, 07:59:01 AM »
But Pulis has done that time after time after time and wove his own noose.

Strange sub - but doing this to go to a back three meant Bartley was out of his depth again as cannot play in a three as it has been proved, Brighton looked more of a threat then.

The academy kids did well and bodes well for next season when the superstars have gone.

I just wish we had more aggression - that’s going to cost us promotion as I don’t think the players are up for much of a scrap

Hope I’m wrong

What do you describe as time after time? Darren has played a weak side in every cup game he’s taken charge of with us...is that not time after time?

Simster (BHA)

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #447 on: February 07, 2019, 08:09:50 AM »
Here's an away view if you're interested.

It is a crying shame that modern football reduces the FA Cup to fringe squad players and on balance I think our squad players probably just about deserved it. 

Thought Tulloch looked a real prospect for you and HRK is the kind of immobile big man it is easy to underappreciate - Ashley Barnes was held in similar regard with us, but I'd have him over Andone and Locadia, neither of whom are remotely prolific enough as you saw over 2 games.

Ultimately you only lost it because your manager had made all his subs too early.  Schoolboy error, that.  Oh, and because Glenn Murray just simply puts the ball in the net.  I worry for us when he retires, we are far too dependent on him.

Anyway, best of luck this season - I hope you got up, and it's a sentiment that is shared by many on our board it seems.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #448 on: February 07, 2019, 08:21:30 AM »
What do you describe as time after time? Darren has played a weak side in every cup game he’s taken charge of with us...is that not time after time?
who was the last manager that didn’t? If that’s the level of scrutiny no manager would last the season.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #449 on: February 07, 2019, 08:32:19 AM »
Really disappointed with the result.

Like many others I thought the substitutions were just odd. As far as the kids go thought they all did well apart from Rogers who was like a rabbit in the headlights and missed a sitter but he is very young and was playing against Premier League defenders so it's not surprising he didn't make any impact, should have been Gayle that was brought on though.

Would have liked us to have fielded a stronger side but promotion is more important to the club than the cups.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill