Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556749 times)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8450 on: August 09, 2016, 11:06:16 AM »

There has been problem after problem with Berahino and all of his own making. Whether you agree with it or not, the position in life that he finds himself in makes him a role model for young lads growing up. Kids idolise footballers.

Taking laughing gas, drink driving, texting whilst driving etc is not setting an example. Why can't he just behave himself and quit being a complete tool time and time again?

You've also got the reputation of our club to consider and the impact on getting shot of him.

if anyones kid on here is a berahino fan.... selling him to another club wont change that for the starters

your saying you or anyone in your family have never done anything wrong? what you going to do, get rid of them out your family? (some people have done worse than saido, some havn't - its the way life goes)

Personally, i don't agree with some of the stuff he has done but all this negativity from so called fans is getting very boring now and grown men are looking and sounding very pathetic towards a young lad.

Speaking of reputations..  I work in a big company full of fans of different clubs, nearly all of them agree with each other that 'we' (baggie fans) are a joke for many different reasons, so yeah if its 'reputation' your concerned about... we are surely doing a great job.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:11:47 AM by Hull Baggie »

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8451 on: August 09, 2016, 11:15:26 AM »
there is only interest in anything he does from the papers as he as been in the papers before and is also a likely bigger news story brewing. if it was 90% of the players in the league, the papers would not be interested. i am not making excuses, but they are selling an agenda.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8452 on: August 09, 2016, 11:16:48 AM »
there is only interest in anything he does from the papers as he as been in the papers before and is also a likely bigger news story brewing. if it was 90% of the players in the league, the papers would not be interested. i am not making excuses, but they are selling an agenda.

and 90% of people on here believe the papers with no real evidence most of the time.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8453 on: August 09, 2016, 11:21:38 AM »
IF this is proved to be true, which at the moment it hasn't, I think he would deserve to see his licence torn up. The same applies to anyone who acts this way.

I don't care if 'loads of people are doing it.' They deserve the same treatment.

Every time you get behind a wheel you might end peoples lives, They are not toys.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8454 on: August 09, 2016, 11:26:19 AM »
and 90% of people on here believe the papers with no real evidence most of the time.

You his best mate?
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8455 on: August 09, 2016, 11:30:19 AM »
its not about being his mate

he has a bit of a naive bad boy image
so the papers want to make sure there are stories that fit that agenda
so if he gets a big move the player is known to the readers and then they can focus on him etc

they probably already have written the story about his big money transfer and are just making sure that when it happens, people have heard of him

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8456 on: August 09, 2016, 11:33:33 AM »
its not about being his mate

he has a bit of a naive bad boy image
so the papers want to make sure there are stories that fit that agenda
so if he gets a big move the player is known to the readers and then they can focus on him etc

they probably already have written the story about his big money transfer and are just making sure that when it happens, people have heard of him

Regardless of this story, the kids an idiot. Sooner we are rid the better, he might be a talent, not that we've seen much of it lately anyway, but I don't want him at my club.

He is never far from trouble, and it wouldn't surprise me if he spent some time in cells throughout his career.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8457 on: August 09, 2016, 11:48:26 AM »
Few things:

Apparently he was on his way to the airport to fly out for the Real Mallorca game

This pre-season, he has been regularly photographed with Solomon Rondon & Jonathon Leko.

It's possible all 3 were travelling together in the same car, & therefore, it's possible that one of the other two took the video. I'm still certain it was shot from behind Saido, you can see his left shoulder for most of the clip,
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8458 on: August 09, 2016, 11:52:38 AM »
I understand this was sent to one of his friends who in turn notified the paper.

Message to Berahino - choose your friends more carefully, most will be hangers on and detrimental to your decision making.

Oh wait a minute

too late

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8459 on: August 09, 2016, 12:03:48 PM »

if anyones kid on here is a berahino fan.... selling him to another club wont change that for the starters

your saying you or anyone in your family have never done anything wrong? what you going to do, get rid of them out your family? (some people have done worse than saido, some havn't - its the way life goes)

Personally, i don't agree with some of the stuff he has done but all this negativity from so called fans is getting very boring now and grown men are looking and sounding very pathetic towards a young lad.

Speaking of reputations..  I work in a big company full of fans of different clubs, nearly all of them agree with each other that 'we' (baggie fans) are a joke for many different reasons, so yeah if its 'reputation' your concerned about... we are surely doing a great job.

For a start I couldn't give a monkeys what other fans think of us....also child Albion fans who love Berahino now will not love him when he has gone...FACT

Secondly Berahino is not in my family, my family are not in the public eye and if anyone in family acted that way I would want my children to look upto that family member.

Yes Berahino can do what he likes its his life, but the fact remains that he is a role model, is paid handsomely to do a job that requires a certain level maturity knowing full well every move being made is being watched, I'm also pretty sure his contract will include certain things pertaining to his image and the image of the club.

everytime he is in the paper for stupidity or breaking the law it drags our club through the mud.

Im glad you find it ok, im not too happy being called pathetic because I'm sick of the circus that surrounds this numpty

he scored goals 2 seasons ago, since then the circus has followed him everywhere and he has made it even worse with his actions, last season he scored 4 in 28 so hardly set the world alight, even in preseason he hasn't mustered a goal against great opposition like Torquay, so the argument 'he scores goals and we need a goalscorer' doesnt hold much water  for me

Yes he is talented but do I want him at this club....absolutely NOT...let him be someone elses issue
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8460 on: August 09, 2016, 12:18:32 PM »
Thank you Tommcneill you`ve said what I was thinking but couldn't put into words.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8461 on: August 09, 2016, 12:25:09 PM »
How can people continue to defend him ffs?  :-X

He is not 'one of us' for Christ's sake, he wants out, he wants nothing to do with our club, please wake up and smell the coffee, he is a tarnish on our reputation, get him gone please.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 12:25:58 PM by Hull Baggie »

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8462 on: August 09, 2016, 12:38:07 PM »
He's young , seems more immature than he should be for his age and career profile but I won't judge his character anymore than that because i don't know him .

I do know , for 18 months he's been in the news more because of non footballing reasons than football reasons which tells
a tale.

Football wise as Tom said , he's scored 4 in 28 last season and done very very little to be considered a 20m + player recently. Enough said.

We're in the process of replacing him and I think all round that's the best thing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 12:44:10 PM by darbolina »

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8463 on: August 09, 2016, 12:38:54 PM »
You his best mate?

No, just refuse to Salk over something that doesn't affect my life in any way.

And the fact some people need to lay off him, yes he's done wrong in the past and I believe he WILL make more mistakes.... but we all urine, sh!t and bleed the same yet some people feel like they can judge other people. Until someone comes on this forum who has not put a foot wrong in life... none of us have any right judging anyone else.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8464 on: August 09, 2016, 12:40:05 PM »
I have watched Albion for 60 years now, and I have never had a personal dislike for an Albion player until SB these last 18 months. I feel I cannot enjoy a match if he's playing, for my sanity and many others get him gone now!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8465 on: August 09, 2016, 12:43:28 PM »
I posted on here this time last year saying that we should have accepted Tottenham's offer for Berahino regardless of what the terms and structure of the payments was and I got totally slated by the majority. That would have been our last realistic opportunity to sell him for anywhere near our asking price. The bloke has only 1 year left on his contract now so who in their right mind is going to take a risk and pay good money for this stroppy, sulking, immature liability? If anyone will be willing to take a risk then it will be next year! We will end up getting absolutely diddly squat for the toss pot now

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8466 on: August 09, 2016, 12:51:27 PM »
I posted on here this time last year saying that we should have accepted Tottenham's offer for Berahino regardless of what the terms and structure of the payments was and I got totally slated by the majority. That would have been our last realistic opportunity to sell him for anywhere near our asking price. The bloke has only 1 year left on his contract now so who in their right mind is going to take a risk and pay good money for this stroppy, sulking, immature liability? If anyone will be willing to take a risk then it will be next year! We will end up getting absolutely diddly squat for the toss pot now

I'm not so sure, if the Sakho deal had gone through I think he would have been at Stoke now and we'd be about £20M better off.

We shouldn't sell until we have a replacement in as we would be left short of attacking options.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8467 on: August 09, 2016, 12:53:47 PM »
No, just refuse to Salk over something that doesn't affect my life in any way.

And the fact some people need to lay off him, yes he's done wrong in the past and I believe he WILL make more mistakes.... but we all urine, sh!t and bleed the same yet some people feel like they can judge other people. Until someone comes on this forum who has not put a foot wrong in life... none of us have any right judging anyone else.

I think I am fully entitled to judge anyone who drink drives at over 100mph. It not like he's say struggling with drugs and needs help. It's just being a p***k and putting innocent peoples lives in danger for absolutely no reason.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8468 on: August 09, 2016, 12:57:51 PM »
I have watched Albion for 60 years now, and I have never had a personal dislike for an Albion player until SB these last 18 months. I feel I cannot enjoy a match if he's playing, for my sanity and many others get him gone now!

What about Anelka & Odemwingie? They didn't bring the club into disrepute then?

Just c & p'd this from the snapchat website

Life's more fun when you live in the moment :) Happy Snapping!

Please note: Snapchatters can always capture or save your messages, such as by taking a screenshot or using a camera. Be mindful of what you Snap!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:02:26 PM by baggiejohn »
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8469 on: August 09, 2016, 01:03:42 PM »
the people moaning about him don't know him personally, only as a footballer

why don't we all grow up and look at him as a footballer instead of judging his personal life? who gives a damn what he's been doing in his car or on snapchat and twitter... how does it effect any of you? there's terrorists and pedophiles in this world and many of you are using your valuable time to run down a YOUNG ADULT. WOW, shame half couldn't put that much effort into the stadium on matchdays!

There's only ONE fact here, we need someone who can score goals... he can score goals.

Getting really boring now a bunch of our 'fans' who are probably grown 'men', like a broken record.

yes, you would do this and do that, you dont want him you would rather his this guy or that guy... BUT YOU AINT GOT A P***ING SAY IN IT! so get used to it and change the god damn record will you its embarrassing.

I completely agree with you. Sure, Berahino acts like a tw** sometimes, well lots of us did when we were his age. Many of us matured and became a lot more sensible and responsible. But the fact is, what he does in his own time is of no concern to supporters. What he does on the pitch is.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8470 on: August 09, 2016, 01:10:28 PM »
I completely agree with you. Sure, Berahino acts like a tw** sometimes, well lots of us did when we were his age. Many of us matured and became a lot more sensible and responsible. But the fact is, what he does in his own time is of no concern to supporters. What he does on the pitch is.

Majority of people learn from their mistakes, this is his third issue while driving and he's hardly a kid anymore so that excuse has past its use by date. It reflects badly on the club when he's in the news for flouting driving laws so I think some would see it as a valid concern for supporters to be honest, none of us want to see the name West Bromwich Albion in the news for negative stories. Also I think an argument could be made for the negative stories that surround him off the pitch could easily have a negative affect on his performances on the pitch too.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8471 on: August 09, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
What a prat you are saido

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8472 on: August 09, 2016, 01:23:49 PM »
I'm not so sure, if the Sakho deal had gone through I think he would have been at Stoke now and we'd be about £20M better off.

We shouldn't sell until we have a replacement in as we would be left short of attacking options.

I agree in general with the principle of not selling until we have a replacement signed but with Berahino, under Pulis we we have hardly seen him play as an out and out striker so it could be argued that we have already replaced him with Phillips? I also suspect that when it came to the crunch, Stoke wouldn't have gone through with a £20 million deal, they would have played hard ball and if signing him at all, it wouldn't have been our full valuation and I think with his contract situation we would have accepted much less. It would be interesting to know how much we would have recouped in instalments from Spurs by now, as well as obviously having recouped plenty more by having him off the wage bill.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8473 on: August 09, 2016, 01:25:07 PM »
What about Anelka & Odemwingie? They didn't bring the club into disrepute then

Disapprove Yes ....... Dislike No...

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8474 on: August 09, 2016, 01:35:10 PM »

Not even Lee Hughes? He's done worse than Saido has.