Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556807 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7375 on: April 01, 2016, 09:40:34 AM »
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfer-news-stoke-11122356?

Yes, here we go again...

Saido Berahinos future at The Hawthorns will once again be under-scrutiny with a number of teams certain to test West Brom again with big bids.

The Mirror reports today that Mark Hughes will renew Stoke’s £20million interest in the youngster after the club saw their interest turned down in January.

Now the Potters are expected to make fresh moves to land the former England Under-21 striker this summer.

Stoke, who sit eighth in the table and could yet qualify for Europe, have major spending power and 22-year-old Berahino is set to be sold this summer with just one year left on his contract.

The Potters are making it clear they will be back this summer as West Brom brace themselves for some big bids.

Champions League-bound Tottenham are also long-standing Berahino admirers and will be keen to get their man as they look to sign competition/help for their England striker Harry Kane.

Spurs and West Brom were involved in a bitter transfer saga over Berahino earlier in the season but have now made peace and a deal to take him to White Hart Lane could still happen.

West Ham are also watching developments as they look to bring in a major striker this summer before what could be a surprise Champions League campaign, and have asked to be kept informed.

The Hammers have targeted Marseille’s Michy Batshuayi and Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony and stated publicly that they want Liverpool misfit Christian Benteke , but know they need to keep their options open.

I think the above is just a rehash of the Mirror story but for what it's worth this is my view.

We will sell Berahino this summer. Pulis wants the money we won't risk going to a tribunal and another potential negative reaction from the player. The fee will probably be £20m plus but not much more and that won't go very far (see general transfer rumour thread and the report that Wednesday reportedly want £7m for Tom Lees !!).

I am not sure Spurs will return for him. Their circumstances have changed and with Champions League football  they will be able to attract of players that would not have gone to Spurs last summer. At this point Stoke or West Ham look more likely but as usual West Ham are linked with more players than 5 clubs could actually sign.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7376 on: April 01, 2016, 09:49:08 AM »
I think after it came out we have an option in our favour (effectively meaning he has two years left after this year), we could still get good money for him. For both parties' sake I hope he gets moved on early in the window.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7377 on: April 01, 2016, 10:10:48 AM »
Why would he go to Stoke, he may as well stay with us
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7378 on: April 01, 2016, 10:13:36 AM »
I can see Spurs signing two strikers if they are in the Champions League which looks likely - Saido could still be one of those. They will have the expense of the new stadium, not to mention the cost of hanging on to their young English stars so I'm not sure they'll be shopping at the top end of the market.
Would Saido want to go to Stoke ? 

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7379 on: April 01, 2016, 11:26:45 AM »
Lets hope we get maximum coin for him and use it wisely to get a striker that wants to be here.
Hopefully Lambchop and Sicknote will be out of the door this year, so we could see a complete new strike force next year, apart from Ron of course.
Add to that two or three defenders and a couple of midfielders we should see 7 or 8 players in next season.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7380 on: April 01, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
I think after it came out we have an option in our favour (effectively meaning he has two years left after this year), we could still get good money for him. For both parties' sake I hope he gets moved on early in the window.

Sorry must have missed this do you have link? If true it changes everything and other options including actually keeping him (still unlikely)open up.

Why would he go to Stoke? It is a Premier League club that isn't us and Pulis wants to sell him.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7381 on: April 01, 2016, 12:23:59 PM »
I can see Spurs signing two strikers if they are in the Champions League which looks likely - Saido could still be one of those. They will have the expense of the new stadium, not to mention the cost of hanging on to their young English stars so I'm not sure they'll be shopping at the top end of the market.
Would Saido want to go to Stoke ?

Yes, they play like Barcelona

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7382 on: April 01, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »

Yes, they play like Barcelona
Not so sure....they are unlikely to be Champions league and are not a glamour club and I think Saido craves both those things.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7383 on: April 01, 2016, 01:41:39 PM »
Just because Saido craves a top 6 / european champions league club, it dosn't mean one is going to make a bid for him. If we accept a bid from Stoke I doubt he will turn down the signing on fee, the higher wages and the chance to play at a club likely to finish above ours next season.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7384 on: April 01, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »
Sorry must have missed this do you have link? If true it changes everything and other options including actually keeping him (still unlikely)open up.

Why would he go to Stoke? It is a Premier League club that isn't us and Pulis wants to sell him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/10153945/saido-berahino-has-long-term-future-at-west-brom-says-tony-pulis

Specifically: "They can do nothing about it. He has got 18 months to two years left on his contract, we've got an option on that as well. He's come on and I know he has got a little bit of a dead leg but he has run around and done well for us. "

He/him

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7385 on: April 02, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »
Thanks for this although the player profile on the club website says contracted to 2017 and no mention of an option and every story I have ever seen has quoted that as being his contract end date, but I would have thought Pulis knew what he was talking about. 

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7386 on: April 03, 2016, 06:58:05 PM »
Thought we were going to see the best of him after the palace game, he's a tad flat

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7387 on: April 03, 2016, 07:17:09 PM »
Thought we were going to see the best of him after the palace game, he's a tad flat

He was very poor yesterday.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #7388 on: April 03, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »
Strikers need service. Give the kid chances to his feet and rarely will he disappoint.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7389 on: April 03, 2016, 08:57:04 PM »
so he's gone from fat to flat.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7390 on: April 03, 2016, 09:21:36 PM »
You cant play how we do and expect strikers to score goals.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7391 on: April 04, 2016, 08:38:26 AM »
I think Saido's looked a bit static lately , both Sandro and Rondon put in decent crosses he should have been breaking his neck to get on to against Sunderland.
I'm a Saido fan but i do feel at times the hype covers up basic things missing in his game still.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7392 on: April 09, 2016, 07:48:34 PM »
I think his heads still elsewhere start Leko with Rondon against Watford

Wollastonbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7393 on: April 10, 2016, 05:23:25 PM »
I can't see anybody coming in for him with  £20m+ offer the way he's playing at the moment. He'd do better for himself and us to knuckle down with us next season, re-establish his credentials and move on then.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7394 on: April 10, 2016, 06:51:38 PM »
I can't see anybody coming in for him with  £20m+ offer the way he's playing at the moment. He'd do better for himself and us to knuckle down with us next season, re-establish his credentials and move on then.

Unlikely to be an option unless he signs a new contract

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7395 on: April 10, 2016, 06:53:04 PM »
Unlikely to be an option unless he signs a new contract
We have a 1 year left plus a 1 year option don't we ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7396 on: April 10, 2016, 07:13:12 PM »
No thank you!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7397 on: April 10, 2016, 07:25:33 PM »

Will be disastrous for both us and him if he's still here next season.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7398 on: April 10, 2016, 08:19:48 PM »
Definitely time to move him on - best for him and us ( if we can get food money for him).

He's badly let himself down overall this season and wasted an opportunity to become a top premier league player. He will have to start again somewhere else. He had quality but also has a lot to learn .....on the pitch and seemingly off it. I can see him trading water for a few years until his late 20s when he might've grown up a bit more?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7399 on: April 10, 2016, 08:24:24 PM »
We have a 1 year left plus a 1 year option don't we ?

Yes but if he stays for another year without signing a new contract then we effectively only have one year left rather than two years left, which is why he would be worth less. 

For that reason I cannot see him staying next season unless he signs a new contract this summer.