Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556736 times)

howard62baby

• Junior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7200 on: February 13, 2016, 11:16:07 PM »
We were 6/1 with some bookies, wonder if any one cashed out after we scored.what a coupon buster
No body moves no body gets hurt put your hands on your head and your faces in the dirt al capone's guns don't argue !!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7201 on: February 14, 2016, 05:33:52 AM »
He put a real shift in today just like everyone else did. The most pleasing part for me was seeing the smile on his face when celebrating our goal, perhaps he's just enjoying playing again.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7202 on: February 14, 2016, 09:03:57 AM »
I have thought a few times, when the team scores Saido looks delighted and joins in, yet when he scores, he doesnt really celebrate! Bizarre!

Put in a good shift yesterday, more minutes under his belt and hopefully between now and the end of the season we can keep him on the pitch, in attacking positions as he still far and away our best striker.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7203 on: February 14, 2016, 09:29:38 AM »
To be honest I was delighted to see him start because unless he's playing he won't be getting fitter/sharper but in a 4-1-4-1 I'm not sure he offers much of a threat e.g. he had 33 touches and not a single one in Everton's area.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7204 on: February 14, 2016, 09:36:02 AM »
To be honest I was delighted to see him start because unless he's playing he won't be getting fitter/sharper but in a 4-1-4-1 I'm not sure he offers much of a threat e.g. he had 33 touches and not a single one in Everton's area.

Square pegs in round holes throughout the team!
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7205 on: February 14, 2016, 09:37:54 AM »
I didn't go but your the only person ive heard slate berahino for his effort today,wm radio and sky sports said he put lots of effort in but didn't get the opportunity to attack

Watched it online. I thought he worked very hard and yet wasn't puffing and panting when he came off.  Suggests to me that he can't be that unfit (especially after 120 mins on Weds).   Did a real job today and did it well.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7206 on: February 14, 2016, 10:28:28 AM »
Considering he hasn't had much game time, he did really well yesterday. He has to start every game when fit for me. I've never had an issue his on the pitch performances.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7207 on: February 14, 2016, 10:50:34 AM »
Played well in last couple of matches,he seems to be match fit now,I think he'll go mad against Reading in the cup and get a couple,he seems to be happier on the pitch,I think he's getting badly advised.
What if he decided to sign another contract and decided to stay,what would that mean?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7208 on: February 14, 2016, 10:52:34 AM »
Played well in last couple of matches,he seems to be match fit now,I think he'll go mad against Reading in the cup and get a couple,he seems to be happier on the pitch,I think he's getting badly advised.
What if he decided to sign another contract and decided to stay,what would that mean?
No point thinking about it, because he won't

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7209 on: February 14, 2016, 11:00:12 AM »
"You never know in football" 

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7210 on: February 14, 2016, 12:12:43 PM »
I have thought a few times, when the team scores Saido looks delighted and joins in, yet when he scores, he doesnt really celebrate! Bizarre!

Put in a good shift yesterday, more minutes under his belt and hopefully between now and the end of the season we can keep him on the pitch, in attacking positions as he still far and away our best striker.
If he celebrated his goals he'd be shot down as being big headed?, might sound daft but if the guy helped a blind man across the road some would look for the bad.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7211 on: February 14, 2016, 11:06:29 PM »
Just been reading that he may get a ban for kicking out at an Everton player. To be honest, I saw the incident and thought he could be sent off.

He implied that the Everton player trod on his foot, but he clearly kicked out at him behind the referee.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got a three match ban, pity because he seemed to be gettin back to his old self.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7212 on: February 15, 2016, 10:50:30 AM »
Was good to see him come over to clap the fans at the end too.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7213 on: February 15, 2016, 11:05:32 AM »
Just been reading that he may get a ban for kicking out at an Everton player. To be honest, I saw the incident and thought he could be sent off.

He implied that the Everton player trod on his foot, but he clearly kicked out at him behind the referee.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got a three match ban, pity because he seemed to be gettin back to his old self.

Looks like this is gaining momentum, think I can see a 3 match ban coming & McClean getting punished for his spat with the Everton fan.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7214 on: February 15, 2016, 11:10:32 AM »
Storm in a tea cup for me, thought he was stupid to do it at the time but McCarthy was being a bit of a dick barging him and mouthing off etc. Surprisingly MOTD didn't show it in the highlights or refer to it all all.

Martinez says it was a stamp but it was a flick of the leg.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7215 on: February 15, 2016, 11:27:53 AM »
Storm in a tea cup for me, thought he was stupid to do it at the time but McCarthy was being a bit of a dick barging him and mouthing off etc. Surprisingly MOTD didn't show it in the highlights or refer to it all all.

Martinez says it was a stamp but it was a flick of the leg.

Martinez is a sore loser, pretty sure the incident will be referred if the ref didn't see it.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7216 on: February 15, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »
Let's hope that no news is good news insofar as any FA disciplinary action is concerned.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7217 on: February 15, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »
I hope he is banned for three games, three games less for me to see is smug face.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7218 on: February 15, 2016, 06:23:33 PM »
First I have heard about this! :o
Baggie in Southampton

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7219 on: February 15, 2016, 06:39:33 PM »
Let's hope that no news is good news insofar as any FA disciplinary action is concerned.
It usually happens pretty quickly doesn't it?

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7220 on: February 15, 2016, 06:59:47 PM »
I hope he is banned for three games, three games less for me to see is smug face.

Lets hope he's not, and a smiling sadio is pictured after scoring in each of those games

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7221 on: February 15, 2016, 07:18:58 PM »
Lets hope he's not, and a smiling sadio is pictured after scoring in each of those games
Some hope of that! i don"t understand that people don"t get it, HE DOES"NT WANT TO BE HERE!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7222 on: February 15, 2016, 07:34:19 PM »
Some hope of that! i don"t understand that people don"t get it, HE DOES"NT WANT TO BE HERE!

Not quite correct, Odemwingie didn't want to be here, & proved it by going to Cardiff, he'd have gone anywhere rather than be here.

Saido is of the opinion that he can play at a higher level, & is impatient to get there, not quite the same as "doesn't want to be here".

For what it's worth, I think he'll, have his moments, but by and large be pretty positive until the summer & then he'll get his wish.

Incidentally, the panel would have sat today, so if we don't hear anything in the next few hours, it's likely that no action will be taken

Latest information from Newsnow

Saido Berahino sweating over possible three-match FA ban for alleged James McCarthy stamp
17:19, 15 FEB 2016 UPDATED 17:19, 15 FEB 2016
BY JAMES NURSEY
Officials at the FA today requested footage of the incident from broadcasters to view it from every the angle

Saido Berahino is sweating on a possible ban after the FA asked to study footage of his alleged stamp on James McCarthy.

Officials at the FA today requested footage of the incident from broadcasters to view it from every the angle.

The West Brom forward could be hit with a three-match ban if found guilty of kicking out at Everton's McCarthy in Albion's 1-0 win at Goodison.

The incident not spotted by referee Michael Oliver or Neil Swarbrick, the fourth official, but prompted an angry backlash from McCarthy.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez complained post-match Berahino should have been sent off.

The FA now have until Tuesday night to obtain footage and make a retrospective decision on the first half clash.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:48:51 PM by baggiejohn »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7223 on: February 15, 2016, 09:20:01 PM »
Got to be honest if Berahino gets a ban from something no-one seemed to see or be bothered about at the time and Danny Drinkwater gets away with his challenge on Aaron Ramsey which was seen by everyone but he is protected by the rule of the ref not taking action at the time then the game is gone.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7224 on: February 15, 2016, 09:25:41 PM »
Got to be honest if Berahino gets a ban from something no-one seemed to see or be bothered about at the time and Danny Drinkwater gets away with his challenge on Aaron Ramsey which was seen by everyone but he is protected by the rule of the ref not taking action at the time then the game is gone.

erm, current media darlings getting same treatment as the pariah from the west midlands, now call me cynical but.......
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!