Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556732 times)

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #6900 on: February 01, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »
He's not going anywhere now it's to late. By the way where is TP?.
BOING BOING

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6901 on: February 01, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »
:(

No - that's still illegal.  A player can only agree a pre-contract when his contract has less than 6 months to run.  Any agreement must be registered with the FA.  You can't have players with "hidden" agreements which could influence how they play (or dont play) against the team that they've agreed to join.

No it isn't illegal.  A pre-contract is a binding agreement that a player can make when near the end of his contract.  That way he doesn't have to wait for his contract to expire before talking to others clubs.  This needn't be a legal, binding agreemnent, hence why I said it would be unlikely.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:54:10 PM by boinging_along »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6902 on: February 01, 2016, 03:42:57 PM »
Took Saido and his mum out to lunch.......
MAGA!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6903 on: February 01, 2016, 03:43:09 PM »
I will be seriously disappointed if he does not go. The amount of money offered for someone who will not try for us for the remainder of the season was far too good to turn down.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6904 on: February 01, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »
Took Saido and his mum out to lunch.......

down London way
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6905 on: February 01, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »
yeah course he did, same principle though. Agreed in the last window by all accounts.
Yeah, it was agreed in the summer when Leicester triggered a release clause (and he signed a new contract) so it was pushed through in January, hence why the transfer happened on the 2nd Jan.  Unless whoever it is up there thinks the entire deal was sorted out on New Years Day or something.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:52:00 PM by boinging_along »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6906 on: February 01, 2016, 03:50:39 PM »
I will be seriously disappointed if he does not go. The amount of money offered for someone who will not try for us for the remainder of the season was far too good to turn down.

whos going to score the goals to keep us in the greed league then, even an half hearted Saido is more likely going to score over anyone else we have
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6907 on: February 01, 2016, 03:56:56 PM »
No it isn't illegal.  A pre-contract is a binding agreement that a player can make when near the end of his contract.  That way he doesn't have to wait for his contract to expire before talking to others clubs.  This needn't be a legal, binding agreemnent, hence why I said it would be unlikely.

If it's not a legal binding agreement then it's not an enforceable contract so isn't worth anything!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6908 on: February 01, 2016, 04:07:33 PM »

Not sure when too late will be as if they get some paperwork faxed through then deals can be completed after the deadline
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6909 on: February 01, 2016, 04:08:10 PM »
If it's not a legal binding agreement then it's not an enforceable contract so isn't worth anything!
Which is why I said it's unlikely  ???.  You said it was illegal, I disagree.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6910 on: February 01, 2016, 04:09:10 PM »
Not sure when too late will be as if they get some paperwork faxed through then deals can be completed after the deadline
I can't see it going through, with the noises coming out of the club and there being no real way to get a replacement I think he'll still be an Albion player come tomorrow.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6911 on: February 01, 2016, 04:16:11 PM »
Simon Stone from the BBC is saying Newcastle have no chance of signing Berahino.

"They had tabled a £21m bid but this was rejected. No other deal under discussion."

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6912 on: February 01, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »
Asked about more general deadline day activities, Kemp went on to explain that with a few hours left it's possible we might add another player but it won't be a loan.

'I'm not saying nothing will happen it's deadline day, you never know. We'll be here until quite late as tends to happen. Outside of that we`re preparing for tomorrow`s game.'

Read more: http://www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=433164#ixzz3yvwBa500

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6913 on: February 01, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
Simon Stone from the BBC is saying Newcastle have no chance of signing Berahino.

"They had tabled a £21m bid but this was rejected. No other deal under discussion."
it wasn't rejected, according to sky we still haven't replied,
fax machine broke. :)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6914 on: February 01, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »

whos going to score the goals to keep us in the greed league then, even an half hearted Saido is more likely going to score over anyone else we have

...because we have been so reliant upon his contribution in amassing the 27 points we have thus far? How many has he scored in the league so far, two or three? We need another three or four win and a couple of draws from the remaining games which I have no doubt Pulis will grind out.

I would far sooner take the risk than have a player like him at the club, a cancer behind the scenes festering. His reaction to the second goal said it all, cupping his ears at his own clubs fans, the lad is a shambles and the sooner he is gone the better.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6915 on: February 01, 2016, 04:49:55 PM »
So, with Saido going nowhere, what can we expect from him for the rest of the season? Get fit and prove his worth, or continue sulking and throwing his toys out of the pram? I for one am expecting the latter on the basis of once a knob, always a knob. Anyone more hopeful?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6916 on: February 01, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »
I've such mixed feelings on Saido , for all the bag of trouble he brings he is still a natural goal scorer of which the likes of us rarely have in the squad. I don't think however his overall game has improved enough over the last 18 months , his awareness and especially his passing are poor at times.
I can see why the club don't want to sell him to Newcastle being as their down near us but personally I'd have been tempted to sell and spend on the squad.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6917 on: February 01, 2016, 04:55:48 PM »
So, with Saido going nowhere, what can we expect from him for the rest of the season? Get fit and prove his worth, or continue sulking and throwing his toys out of the pram? I for one am expecting the latter on the basis of once a knob, always a knob. Anyone more hopeful?

In agreement - if he scores more than 3 goals for the rest of the season I will be surprised.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6918 on: February 01, 2016, 04:57:50 PM »
In agreement - if he scores more than 3 goals for the rest of the season I will be surprised.
3 goals for us is better than 10 goals for Newcastle.
"This crack is really moreish."

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6919 on: February 01, 2016, 04:59:01 PM »
Gutted he won't be leaving  >:(

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6920 on: February 01, 2016, 05:01:31 PM »
...because we have been so reliant upon his contribution in amassing the 27 points we have thus far? How many has he scored in the league so far, two or three? We need another three or four win and a couple of draws from the remaining games which I have no doubt Pulis will grind out.

I would far sooner take the risk than have a player like him at the club, a cancer behind the scenes festering. His reaction to the second goal said it all, cupping his ears at his own clubs fans, the lad is a shambles and the sooner he is gone the better.

Don't forget the vile game  ;)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6921 on: February 01, 2016, 05:10:11 PM »
Don't forget the vile game  ;)

And the Sunderland game where he scored the winner in a 1-0 win, but ultimately there is nothing to say that someone else wouldn't have bagged a winner in either of those had they been up top. You cannot get away from his attitude and contribution to the season thus far as being a disgrace.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6922 on: February 01, 2016, 05:19:07 PM »
3 goals for us is better than 10 goals for Newcastle.

Quite right I never advocated a move there, but sure a deal with Spuds could have been done which would have been best for all concerned INHO.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6923 on: February 01, 2016, 05:19:17 PM »
And the Sunderland game where he scored the winner in a 1-0 win, but ultimately there is nothing to say that someone else wouldn't have bagged a winner in either of those had they been up top. You cannot get away from his attitude and contribution to the season thus far as being a disgrace.

I assume he was referring to the fact we have 28 points rather than 27 after our last league game against Villa rather than the individual contribution of Berahino to the earlier win at the seal sanctuary.

He has contributed this season despite him not wanting to play for us and clearly letting himself go a little. We can't afford to strengthen a relegation rival, £25m would have been great but if he went there and as unlikely as it may seem it led to us going down instead of Newcastle then it costs us a hell of a lot more than that.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:21:45 PM by B_H_Baggie »

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6924 on: February 01, 2016, 05:20:39 PM »
Gutted he won't be leaving  >:(

Our best striker, top scorer and our only hope of staying in this league is going nowhere.

Absolutely devastated. 8)
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......