Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556721 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5325 on: September 12, 2015, 07:01:29 PM »
can understand not booing him but to sing his name was cringe worthy.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5326 on: September 12, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »
can understand not booing him but to sing his name was cringe worthy.
Yes, definitely. I think only a few booed, which is their choice. But singing his name? It only fuels the ego. He disrespected the club, so why did he get a heroes welcome?!

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5327 on: September 12, 2015, 07:06:17 PM »
There's quite a few analogies you could make for some of our fans' reaction. I suppose it's like your missus cheating on you and then welcoming her back with roses and a slap up meal. Most peculiar.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5328 on: September 12, 2015, 07:28:37 PM »
By the time Berahino arrived we were just desperate for something anything to cheer. Nothing to be gained by booing him but I was surprised by the crowds response
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5329 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:53 PM »
By the time Berahino arrived we were just desperate for something anything to cheer. Nothing to be gained by booing him but I was surprised by the crowds response

I completely agree. That said, cheering him is almost saidomasochistic...sorry.

I would have loved him to come on to deathly silence. That would have been an incredibly powerful message to him and other parasites that are infesting this great game.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5330 on: September 13, 2015, 12:20:03 AM »
Again cheering him had nothing to do with the state of the game or him deserving a hero's welcome. It was to drown out the loud and pathetic boos. Purely reactionary.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5331 on: September 13, 2015, 08:14:28 AM »
I would never boo one of our players during the game but singing his name was embarrassing, fans of every club I know are ridiculing us and saying we have no respect for ourselves.... Shameful.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5332 on: September 13, 2015, 08:32:41 AM »
I didn't applaud him, I didn't boo him.
He's nothing to me!
The fans that stood and applauded him have about as much respect for themselves as Berahino does.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5333 on: September 13, 2015, 08:42:18 AM »
Absolute joke that people applauded this guy who has still not apologised  to supporters  and  would have done so by now if he had any intention of doing so.

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5334 on: September 13, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »
As he was walking off at the full time whistle he was muttering and ffing and blinding, the lad has no respect.

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5335 on: September 13, 2015, 10:20:32 AM »
Set to snub a new contract  ? ...........

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/792092871?-11200:789:0

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5336 on: September 13, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »
I was glad he come on but didn't clap or sing his name.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5337 on: September 13, 2015, 11:08:22 AM »
Amazing reaction to a bloke who doesn't want to be here.

No point booing odemwingie when he returns to hawthorns.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5338 on: September 13, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »
There was a bit of 'heated debate' between anti and pro Berahino factions near me in the Smeth'.

Glad to say that as far as I am aware it did not come to blows.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5339 on: September 13, 2015, 12:10:35 PM »
As somebody has already points out some will boo Odemwingie and sing Berahino's name which sums it up
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:15:34 PM by OldburyWBA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5340 on: September 13, 2015, 12:15:05 PM »
Can we cut the slagging off and petty name calling of other fans please, keep that for Facebook and the like, not on here. Any more "happy clapper" and "doom monger" stuff along with "morons" or "divvys" will be gone
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5341 on: September 13, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »
For someone who had a few days off and during that time had apparently learnt some 'respect' it was lovely to see him sprint straight off the pitch and down the tunnel with no acknowledgment to the supporters who, on the whole, had given him a warm welcome.
"This crack is really moreish."

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5342 on: September 13, 2015, 12:30:26 PM »
I couldn't bare to look at him at half time, parading about on his own playing keepy uppy whereas the others were playing keep ball.

I ignored him but couldn't believe my ears when i heard folk singing his name. If that is our approach we may as well re-sign Odemwingie and forget that happened too.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5343 on: September 13, 2015, 03:15:07 PM »
I didn't see it because I had fallen asleep by then,but some fans by me said that fletcher could have played him in in the final minute but elected not to do so,i applauded when he came on[my mrs woke me up] as I think if we him encourage him he will try and score goals.ie why not use him,like he uses us

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5344 on: September 13, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »
I didn't see it because I had fallen asleep by then,but some fans by me said that fletcher could have played him in in the final minute but elected not to do so,i applauded when he came on[my mrs woke me up] as I think if we him encourage him he will try and score goals.ie why not use him,like he uses us

Fletcher was just not good enough, the passage of play you describe he held the ball too long them passed to Rondon instead, a decent attacking midfielder would have put Berahino through, nothing to do with choosing not to.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5345 on: September 13, 2015, 04:01:13 PM »
Gardner had the chance to lay him in pretty much unmarked yet chose to shoot himself , I suspect that frustrated Saido too.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5346 on: September 13, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »
I can't believe our fans reaction to him. Anybody who applauded him yesterday, congratulations, you've completely sold your soul to the Premier League devil.

Who is probably Fred the Red.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5347 on: September 13, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »
I can't believe our fans reaction to him. Anybody who applauded him yesterday, congratulations, you've completely sold your soul to the Premier League devil.

Who is probably Fred the Red.

Hardly, we've risen above it all for the good of the CLUB. What happened with Odemwingie set us back 2 seasons, what was that Einstein quote?

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5348 on: September 13, 2015, 04:21:10 PM »
Hardly, we've risen above it all for the good of the CLUB. What happened with Odemwingie set us back 2 seasons, what was that Einstein quote?

He should have been given the same message that Odemwingie had; that his attitude would not be tolerated. Whether that was with silence or booing is what should have been the debate.

The best thing for our club would be that Saido gets a rocket and reacts to it, plays well and scores goals; or that we sell him for a lot of money. With everything he has heard from Pulis and our fans over the last 48 hours, he should now know it doesn't matter how much of a cock he acts, or how little respect he shows the people who pay his wages, he gets away with it.

Has he even been fined for his tweets? I don't think so.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5349 on: September 13, 2015, 04:55:55 PM »
He should have been given the same message that Odemwingie had; that his attitude would not be tolerated. Whether that was with silence or booing is what should have been the debate.

The best thing for our club would be that Saido gets a rocket and reacts to it, plays well and scores goals; or that we sell him for a lot of money. With everything he has heard from Pulis and our fans over the last 48 hours, he should now know it doesn't matter how much of a cock he acts, or how little respect he shows the people who pay his wages, he gets away with it.

Has he even been fined for his tweets? I don't think so.

Because that worked out so well?  :-\

Think it's football supporters that need to get the message. This is a job, they don't care about the clubs, stop getting misty eyed about the past when it wasn't a business and get on with supporting the shirt, whoever is in it. I'll bawl the likes of Gardner out on here, but when he comes down my corner of the Brummie to take a corner he gets full support.