Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556755 times)

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #4775 on: September 02, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »
This is currently Levy's wikipedia;

Daniel Levy (born 8 February 1962) is a businessman and the current chairman of Premier League football side Tottenham Hotspur and has been since 2001. Levy is known for bargaining with players which causes Tottenham to lose out on targets [Saido Berahino].

;D

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4776 on: September 02, 2015, 02:02:07 PM »
Well put. I agree with this entirely. So what if we only had £5 million up front. As you say, we would still had his full value eventually. If it left us short on the readies to pay up front for a replacement, there would have been nothing stopping the Albion offering similar payment methods to QPR for example would there, i.e. £3 million up front for Phillips with another £5 million to follow. That would be far too sensible of a way to deal with it for the Albion though wouldn't it. Made us look a bunch of clowns yet again.

I think the polar opposite and that Spurs are the ones looking like clowns.

Infact we have acted very well through this whole saga.

Have you stopped to think that perhaps we did ask QPR about structured payments for Phillips and Austin as you have suggested only to be told no, and thats why we couldnt sell Saido with the terms offered by Spurs.

If aswell Spurs last bid was £25million it was far too late in the day for us to sort out the replacements, that price has been the price pretty much all summer, trying to bargain with us and then offering us what we want at the last minute is not good enough and makes Spurs look like cowboys...but judging by their transfer business the last few years its no suprise.

Why people are using this to beat the club with is beyond me, we dont have to sell to anyone unless its at a price acceptable to us....

Why do we look like clowns?? Please enlighten us
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4777 on: September 02, 2015, 02:02:37 PM »
Let's hope everyone involved keeps their traps shut till Friday at least.  I hope the following will then happen:

He then has to make some sort of public apology, however muted, even just a retraction, say he didn't know the details of Spurs bids or something, there was a misunderstanding.  A fine is really irrelevant.

Then we can offer him a new contract on higher wages with a publicly stated buy out clause like Benteke had.

He can then shut up and play football till January or next summer and demonstrate that he is actually as good as he thinks he is, then Spurs (or maybe Arsenal, or Man U) will buy him then.

And for anyone who is accusing him of being childish - well he is still really a child isn't he, and he may look back with shame one day on a lot of things as most of us old folk do.

Agree with everything you say except the part about him being a child. He is 22 years old and was plucked from obscurity by WBA. He could still be an unknown in this country, but he has been lucky and is now living a life that few of us can only dream about. A lot of 18 year old 'men' died in the trenches in both world wars so that we can enjoy the freedom we have today, so no he is not a child - he is a spoilt selfish brat who will one day look back and regret his actions.
MAGA!

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4778 on: September 02, 2015, 02:03:20 PM »
Something really needs to be looked at with how Spurs go about their business. No coincidence that Schneiderlin last year and Berahino & Wanyama all resorted to using the same tactics to engineer a move. I'm glad Peace has stood up the Leavy and told him where to shove it. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone but I'd pay good money to see Levy's face if Kane were to go down.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4779 on: September 02, 2015, 02:03:48 PM »
Daniel levy is the man to blame. He  pushed it too far and too late to do a deal. If he had the 25 mill to spend at 5.40, then he should have made the offer a couple of hours earlier!
I reckon he didn't really want to buy berahino otherwise why would he spend 22 million a day before if he knew that berahino was his top target.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4780 on: September 02, 2015, 02:20:29 PM »
Anyone else looking forward to us beating Spurs 1-0, Saido with the winner?

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4781 on: September 02, 2015, 02:29:02 PM »
In the Mail, it is reported that Spurs offered 25m cash, not 5m up front. Make of that what you wish.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4782 on: September 02, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »
In the Mail, it is reported that Spurs offered 25m cash, not 5m up front. Make of that what you wish.

I read somewhere that the initial offer was £5m up front, with staged payments based on performance etc, with the final payment being due in 2020. If the very final offer was £25m up front then Spuds should have tabled that earlier in the day, and not with 20 minutes to go. If they did table £25m as their final offer then I can see why it was turned down, because it was too late for us to get players in....... I would have done the same as JP.
MAGA!

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4783 on: September 02, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »
NO!!! looking forward to beating them but not with that mouthy spoilt brat anywhere near the squad.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4784 on: September 02, 2015, 02:44:05 PM »

I believe the £25m cash refers to the fact that it would have been an all cash deal and not a player part exchange.... It was still £5m initially then the rest spread over a number of years

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4785 on: September 02, 2015, 02:48:18 PM »
Peace throwing stones in glass houses. The result an unhappy player whose value is already less than 25m.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4786 on: September 02, 2015, 02:50:28 PM »

If he hadn't done the tweet yesterday, I would agree with your proposal. Now, however, it's difficult to see how a new contract with an increase in pay wouldn't be seen as a reward for bad behaviour.
IMO he needs to withdraw his threat not to play, & the FC needs to give him time to re-integrate, with a review of the situation in January.

The London press are now saying Spurs 4th bid was a £25million cash bid, if true, it could be the refusal of that which "tipped" Berahino over the edge.

So what if it was
If JP had sold him at that late time in the window it would have been us Albion fans & TP going F---ing CRAZY at JP. F--K Spurs & their fans

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4787 on: September 02, 2015, 03:05:13 PM »
So what if it was
If JP had sold him at that late time in the window it would have been us Albion fans & TP going F---ing CRAZY at JP. F--K Spurs & their fans

I'm also in the "so what if it was?" camp. Spurs have, allegedly, been in negotiation with Albion for FOUR months. they will have known for a long, long time what would be required to make the deal happen, and yet we are now told that they waited until twenty minutes of the transfer window remained to come up with it.

Appalling behavior and they were quite rightly rebuffed by JP.

One could peculate that their strategy all along  has been to unsettle Berahino and so hope to force Albion's hand for a cheaper sale. Well hard luck Levy, some folks break and bend, JP is the other kind.

As for Berahino, he has been played, well and truly, and what's more they, Spurs, have left him hanging out to dry. I feel no sympathy however, as someone said, he's not a child. there are plenty who by his age have an actual proper job and are supporting a family of their own, not spending time tweeting pictures of their abdominals, getting inebriated and sulking because they can't get their own way.

Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4788 on: September 02, 2015, 03:09:04 PM »
Peace throwing stones in glass houses. The result an unhappy player whose value is already less than 25m.

I tend to agree with this. We obviously had deals lined up for yesterday,Pulis publicly said as much,players no doubt hanging on right up until the last minute for that call from the Albion. Even if the deal with Spurs was struck at 5.40, we would have had until 8pm to finalise paperwork for new signings providing everything was in place by 6. Peace playing stubborn trying to be the clever big man has ruined everything. Spurs were being crafty, yes, but don't anyone tell me Peace wouldn't have done or attempted to do exactly the same.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4789 on: September 02, 2015, 03:13:44 PM »
I tend to agree with this. We obviously had deals lined up for yesterday,Pulis publicly said as much,players no doubt hanging on right up until the last minute for that call from the Albion. Even if the deal with Spurs was struck at 5.40, we would have had until 8pm to finalise paperwork for new signings providing everything was in place by 6. Peace playing stubborn trying to be the clever big man has ruined everything. Spurs were being crafty, yes, but don't anyone tell me Peace wouldn't have done or attempted to do exactly the same.

Lot of speculation in there in rubbishing JP.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4790 on: September 02, 2015, 03:22:02 PM »
My point was more aimed at how Peace structures deals.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4791 on: September 02, 2015, 03:26:27 PM »

Lets hope we beat them 1-0 and Berahino is no where to be seen
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:28:01 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4792 on: September 02, 2015, 03:33:42 PM »

Dont agree with it at all..

We are not the bad guys here Spurs are

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4793 on: September 02, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »

who gives a toss.we stood our ground and not let the bigger bullies bully us

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4794 on: September 02, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »

who gives a toss.we stood our ground and not let the bigger bullies bully us
there not bigger than us,just got a richer owner things can change

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4795 on: September 02, 2015, 03:53:46 PM »
there not bigger than us,just got a richer owner things can change

i think they are as a fan base and have the edge on history, god knows how they are planning to fill a 60000 stadium though

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4796 on: September 02, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »
So what if it was

I'm actually coming round to thinking that we should have taken the money, even putting aside the Berahino outburst, we may not have been able to spend it yesterday, but a cash deal would have given us money in the bank ready for January, and £14k per week off the wage bill.
If there was a bid of £25million cash up front, on reflection, IMO we should have taken it.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4797 on: September 02, 2015, 03:56:48 PM »
Dont agree with it at all..

We are not the bad guys here Spurs are

But what I'm saying is wouldn't Peace do exactly the same if he was attempting to seal the deal for such a player? Of course he would. We did the same thing with Ideye for one, we've just done it again for Evans. X amount up front then the rest in complexed installments. It isn't just Spurs, we are exactly the same when it comes to negotiating deals. If we all had an educated guess how all this was going to pan out then why the hell couldn't the Albion see it? We are as much to blame as Spurs..........in my opinion!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4798 on: September 02, 2015, 03:59:06 PM »
If we had accepted the final bid and not signed replacements there would have been uproar.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4799 on: September 02, 2015, 04:01:05 PM »
Lot of speculation in there in rubbishing JP.

Just as much speculation in my post as most other posts on here to be honest. None of us know what happened so why is my speculation worse than anyone else's? Who is to say Berahino isn't right with what he says when he has come out with that cryptic tweet about Peace and the club?? We don't know do we but people have still been speculating and rubbishing Saido and I haven't seen you post and accuse people of rubbishing him?