Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556723 times)

mrmojorisin

• Junior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1775 on: January 04, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »
I notice Anichebe didn't celebrate his goal, I wonder if that means he's off to Liverpool for £25m? Absolute garbage non story!

I was getting quite hopeful until I read your last four words!

Jonah

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1776 on: January 04, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »
I watched Kevin Philips do it on more than one occasion. It's called talent and can't be taught ::)

Agreed. Berahino is a natural finisher and has that intuitive ability to find space in the box. He is only going to get better. We must keep him at least until the end of the season.
Proud To Be A Baggie.

philwba1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1777 on: January 04, 2015, 02:32:32 PM »
Dwight Gayle just scored his first goal in ages. No celebration, must be out of respect for the non league teams.

Ihsaan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1778 on: January 04, 2015, 03:09:19 PM »
In all the years of watching football I've never seen a forward stand absolutely stationary as an attack is building up.The only thing he seems good at is striking the ball,possibly with both feet.Where is there any term play

Watch Messi play and how often he'll stand still in the box while there is movement around him before dispatching the ball when it drops his way. In fact, Saido's 3rd goal was not dissimilar to the sort of goal Messi would score where he starts the move, makes his way into space and finishes the chance.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1779 on: January 04, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »
Watch Messi play and how often he'll stand still in the box while there is movement around him before dispatching the ball when it drops his way. In fact, Saido's 3rd goal was not dissimilar to the sort of goal Messi would score where he starts the move, makes his way into space and finishes the chance.
are you seriously comparing berahino to messi?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1780 on: January 04, 2015, 04:39:04 PM »
yes in what he does and in reply to Palmaroy's comment that says that he'd "never seen a player stand still in an attacking play" like it's a negative thing, when it's actually pretty common among good strikers.

He's not comparing the actual players...

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1781 on: January 04, 2015, 04:50:53 PM »
btw, if we are going to sell Berahino, why make him cup tied ?
id suggest that the F.A cup would be quite low in the consideration of a top 7 team looking to spend 20-25m on a player ?
if messi was avaliable and said i aint playing in cup games would it put people off??
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1782 on: January 04, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »
I sometimes I despair of our fans a young lad who has come through the system scores 4 quality goals in a comfortable win and all they do is complain that he didn't celebrate enough !

Why not enjoy a prestigious talent whilst we have him ?

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1783 on: January 04, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »
Don't dare sell your only goal scorer

Agreed.

He may be high maintenance but we can address the issue in the summer.  Would be suicidal to do it now.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1784 on: January 04, 2015, 06:28:34 PM »
Dwight Gayle just scored his first goal in ages. No celebration, must be out of respect for the non league teams.

Surely if they are not celebrating it's the complete opposite? They feel non-league teams don't warrant celebrations...quite disrespectful if you ask me.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Ihsaan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1785 on: January 04, 2015, 06:43:46 PM »

Yes, purely in terms of their movement in this instance.

Saido's case is an odd one. We have someone who fled a war torn country to arrive in the UK, has been in the academy for 10 years, scored a hattrick on full debut and his first league goal to win at Old Trafford. He's gone on to score goals at a rate that no player we've owned has in the top flight for years, let alone any player that we've developed. All this in the climate where football is focused on instant success, there are very few opportunities for young players and we haven't developed anybody else of note. By all the above he should be a hero, yet the fans have never really warmed to him. Although every player has his price I'd be very sad to see a player of his ability go, partly just for what he represents for the academy. I don't think the West Ham fans cared about his attitude when he took his goal so cooly last week, and I bet Gateshead were more concerned by his ability to curl the ball in repeatedly than his lack of celebration.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1786 on: January 04, 2015, 06:55:01 PM »
If I was him, I would have second thoughts about leaving anyway.
How many have left us, and have gone onto better things.
Not many, and definitely not many in the last few seasons.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1787 on: January 04, 2015, 07:07:45 PM »
Surely if they are not celebrating it's the complete opposite? They feel non-league teams don't warrant celebrations...quite disrespectful if you ask me.
Yes I'd agree  - pretty pointless in my book....at least smile and shake a few hands.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1788 on: January 04, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »
Yes I'd agree  - pretty pointless in my book....at least smile and shake a few hands.

He shook hands with his teammates after every goal.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1789 on: January 04, 2015, 08:31:42 PM »
Without wishing to be disrespectful about his (or anybody elses) religious beliefs, he wouldn't be the first to think he had been specially chosen to be on a "mission from God".

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1790 on: January 04, 2015, 08:37:12 PM »
Without wishing to be disrespectful about his (or anybody elses) religious beliefs, he wouldn't be the first to think he had been specially chosen to be on a "mission from God".

Blues brothers?   ;D

The only thing that is strange about all this is the contract talks being suspended, but that could be his agent trying to push the club.

Pelsall_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1791 on: January 04, 2015, 08:39:42 PM »
Has anyone ever seen Sessegnon smile?

I certainly haven't.

Where's he off to, the sneaky little wotsit. ;)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1792 on: January 04, 2015, 10:29:58 PM »
He shook hands with his teammates after every goal.
Yeah he did.I'm not trying to criticise Saido, I just agree that if this is part of a general trend of not celebrating when you score against non league opposition then it's more demeaning to the opposition rather than respectful. For 90 minutes it's 11 against 11 and status and reputations shouldn't come into it...be respectful after the game.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1793 on: January 04, 2015, 11:16:03 PM »
Has anyone ever seen Sessegnon smile?

I certainly haven't.

Where's he off to, the sneaky little wotsit. ;)

Sess has never smiled. It is said however that he once sneered.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1794 on: January 04, 2015, 11:18:43 PM »

I think it shows disrepect. Shows that we are taking them for granted and we are just doing what is expected.

palmaroy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1795 on: January 04, 2015, 11:25:42 PM »
I think it shows disrepect. Shows that we are taking them for granted and we are just doing what is expected.
i think it shows that they think they are some form of superior human beings.we all critics ice Morrisson but want it nice to see him show he  enjoyed scoring.So much more respectful for everybody

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1796 on: January 04, 2015, 11:42:58 PM »
Dwight Gayle cupped his hand to his ear to the Dover fans today...least Saido didn't do that!

He/him

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1797 on: January 05, 2015, 01:21:01 AM »

I happen to agree, in the modern era the times players don't celebrate after scoring are usually training matches and against former teams.

If he played against me I would want to see the goal meant something. Not critising SB because I don't know his intentions but felt abit like a training match celebration.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1798 on: January 05, 2015, 03:09:46 AM »
What's Vic's excuse? he did exactly the same.

His lips were injured.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1799 on: January 05, 2015, 06:39:15 AM »
I notice Anichebe didn't celebrate his goal, I wonder if that means he's off to Liverpool for £25m? Absolute garbage non story!

If only  :D
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'