Author Topic: 10 Nov 2018 Albion 4 Leeds United 1  (Read 56182 times)

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2018, 02:20:30 AM »
Went out of my way to find a bar showing the game. It was my first viewing of a game this season, so felt I had to see for myself what was going so wrong. Weeks and weeks of gnashing of teeth on this forum led me to believe that something was awry. You lot obviously don’t have a clue, because I thought we’re quite good. ☺️
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:20:27 AM by costa blanca baggie »
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2018, 02:38:01 AM »
A great performance and result, just what was needed after the debacle at Hull last week.

Everyone played their part well. I thought Adabarioyo was the stand out in defence. Phillips was MoM for me.

Good to see some of the posters that have been so negative about Moore coming on and praising him for the change in formation.

Such a shame we couldn't keep the clean sheet the performance deserved,but hitting Leeds for 4 is still a hell of an achievement.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2018, 08:54:18 AM »
Still absolutely buzzing after that one!

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2018, 09:27:17 AM »
Lots of positives to take from the match, for me the midfield energy provided by Morrison used in preference to Brunt or Barry is important. Interested to see where we go from here with team selection.

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2018, 09:32:09 AM »
Amazing result. I’ve slagged him off for two seasons now, but Philips - that performance was brilliant. The tackle that led to his goal - outstanding. Very happy to Hegazi back there in a four and Bartley nowhere to be seen.
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2018, 09:55:59 AM »
EFL Quest highlights are saying we only had 28% possession???

I though we had much more than that
20 shots is pretty remarkable for 28% possession  ;D.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2018, 09:56:18 AM »
I must admit when I saw that stat straight after the game I was very surprised. Felt we had a lot more of the ball than that certainly, but it's what you do with that possession and tonight we certainly where, 20 shots I believe we had.

A lot of Leeds's possession was passing it back and forth along the back line.  Possession like that is not going to going to hurt any team.  They did work some good moments out wide and I've a feeling that had we used 3 at the back would have pulled us out of shape.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2018, 10:32:01 AM »
I thought Leeds played some really tidy stuff today. Some lovely one touch and some of their movement caused us problems.  Thank God we went to a back 4.

HRK was a clear dive. Let his leg drag.

Glad Gayle scored the back heel as it was a clear hand ball from the shot.

Really didn't think Leeds looked like scoring and disappointed in letting in a goal at the end.

Yes, the can pass it around out of the danger zones but Hegazi and Dawson ( back to the superb defender we know he can be) easily snuffed them out.

Going forward we just destroyed them.

Great night and great atmosphere.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2018, 10:33:35 AM »
They didn't show it close up, well not that I can remember. But the ref was quick to book him.

Not enough for a penalty and he played for it but no worse that Roofe's fling to the ground that never got a booking.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2018, 10:34:25 AM »
After tonight, I could see why, he was dreadful.

Let Leeds get away with so much and why no yellows for all the fouls they were committing ?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »
Really didn't think Leeds looked like scoring and disappointed in letting in a goal at the end.

Yes, the can pass it around out of the danger zones but Hegazi and Dawson ( back to the superb defender we know he can be) easily snuffed them out.

Going forward we just destroyed them.

Great night and great atmosphere.

They had the best chance of the first half when their player hit it straight at the keeper in a similar position (but closer) to the one that Barnes scored a while ago where he opened his body and side footed it into the top corner.

There was also a few times in the second half when their movement got some players free in a dangerous place.  One, I think it was, Flick (or something like that), ran it across our goal 8 yards out and should have pulled the trigger but tried to pass it.

We totally deserved the win and it was a brilliant performance from us, best of the season but I definitely think Leeds will be in the top 4 come the end of the season.

superkev

• Junior Baggie

Negative note
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
Dont want to put a damper on a great performance but why now do the Smethwick sing "Who are  ya" "who are ya" when we score?"
I know they are only lads but Boing Boing can never be bettered so why are they copying other fans?
"

baggieboy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2018, 12:25:36 PM »
Good performance. Pleased for DM.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2018, 01:02:47 PM »
.     We sold out unfortunately within an hour of going on sale  .  That’s why we are in the home ends.  I’m with a baggie though

I hope you enjoyed the view  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »
Despite being informed that Leeds received an allocation of 2,600 that was clearly wrong. Their following was the largest to visit the Hawthorns this season. 2,737 officially populated the Hawthorns.

The 22,924 supporters in the home sections is the second largest of the season bettered only by the 23,382 against Bolton on the opening day.

How many Leeds fans were in Albion areas is anyone's guess. I have a feeling the two people in front of me were Leeds fans I've not seen them before and the left when the forth goal went in.  :D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2018, 01:27:26 PM »
Really good performance - a much more balanced, organised team performance.

The centre back pairing were excellent and looked much more comfortable in a back four.

Morrison added much needed impetus to the midfield. HRK & Rodriguez both had very good games

A pleasing return to form
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

Re: Negative note
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
Dont want to put a damper on a great performance but why now do the Smethwick sing "Who are  ya" "who are ya" when we score?"
I know they are only lads but Boing Boing can never be bettered so why are they copying other fans?

Although I love a Boing Boing, it felt great to sing that to the Leeds fans and shut them up.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2018, 01:54:34 PM »
The boing boing is a bit dated and boring now isn't it?

Perhaps it's just me.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2018, 01:55:28 PM »

Perhaps it's just me.

I'd take Boing Boing any day over "We all go down...". Cringed massively again yesterday when that came back in the last few minutes.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2018, 01:57:15 PM »
I'd take Boing Boing any day over "We all go down...". Cringed massively again yesterday when that came back in the last few minutes.

We've got Villa coming up. If we score first I expect you'll be doing a lot of cringing lol.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2018, 01:59:32 PM »

We've got Villa coming up. If we score first I expect you'll be doing a lot of cringing lol.

I don't doubt it. The essence of us coming back up and kicking '**** out the Villa' seems to be lost on many as if we went back up, chances are the Villa would not be there for us to kick **** out of...

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2018, 02:21:41 PM »
No self respecting coach is going to sit in a forum and announce the specifics of a formation in my view. There’s no doubt in my mind that they would have agreed this as a management team.

Have a read through the link below if/when you've got the time.

http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=18719
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2018, 02:57:20 PM »
In an ideal world, I'd like us to play out from the back, with more possession and attacking football. However we haven't got the players for that, and it's showed, so last night is how we have to set up for the rest of this season. If Big Dave wants to revisit passing football next season, then he'll have chance with the player turnover to come next summer.

Robson-Kanu was decent yesterday, but our strongest starting eleven will still include Gayle, maybe even Sako at his expense. You could see from the start the team was more comfortable doing what was being asked of it, and they worked really hard. All season we haven't had the energy or fire, but you could see it last night. But then we've had managers try to change our style in the past (Mel) and the players wouldn't do it for him, so as positive as that performance was, I can't help but wonder if it's coming from the right place, or if the tails wagging the dog.

We have to continue this though, no going backwards.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2018, 02:58:26 PM »

Perhaps it's just me.

I miss the days where we'd all go proper mental, and boing after every goal.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Accident near Cricket Club after the game
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2018, 03:17:59 PM »
Someone was apparently knocked down near the Cricket Club after the match last night. I just wondered how the injured person is.
I don't know what could be done to improve the situation, but i must confess, that in the dark I find the walk back to my car,  parked adjacent to The Sportsman has me feeling quite nervous.
Some drivers heading towards the Motorway Island drive erratically even verging on dangerously.
Crossing the roads is challenging. It is visibly clear that many of the drivers are our fellow supporters who should know the after match conditions and their driving is inexcusable.
In particular drivers accelerate towards the M5 south slip road causing pedestrians to scatter.
I am amazed that people are not seriously injured or even worse.
A 5-10 minute road closure outside the Brummie would surely allow the bulk of the crowd heading in that direction to thin-out.
Shouldn't the police be monitoring this?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride