Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 858676 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #4150 on: April 19, 2024, 11:25:46 AM »
not sure, Succeeded at Doncaster and Wednesday (despite issues with the owner) but he failed badly with Huddersfield and is struggling with Port Vale. With his time with us being decent if unspectacular overall (context wise he did a great job and we could’ve done MUCH worse) he’s been more of a success than a failure so is it issues at the last 2 clubs or a general trend? We’ll have to find out.

I think Darren's problem was he wanted too much, too soon. Nothing wrong with being ambitious but for me he clearly overestimated himself and his abilities. I consider his time in charge of us as a massive failure with the players at his disposal personally.

I think he understands now that he needs to take his time and pay his dues etc in the lower leagues. He may come good, as you say time will tell, but he definitely wasn't ready for the job with us

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4151 on: April 19, 2024, 12:26:10 PM »
I still blame the majority of fans for getting Moore appointed on a permanent basis.

The public opinion at the time was staggering just because we'd had a decent end to that season when the pressure was completely off us. Fritzl, always being right of course  ;D, warned against making the appointment permanently and instead wanted us to bring in an actual manager to make the most of the strong squad we were heading down to the Championship with and the parachute payments but the swathe of public opinion was so strong at the time.

Bringing in Moore, after the disastrous decisions of the previous season where we retained Pulis for far too long and then brought in a clown in Pardew, was a massive factor in why we are in the position we are now.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4152 on: April 20, 2024, 08:43:27 PM »
Moore did show a bit of tactical awareness didn't he? What happened? Too much reliance on his coaches?
Graham Jones ruined him and then snaked him he is now at Newcastle United although Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall are to big time to let him control them. Although I did see him on MOTD trying to take credit for something that resulted in a Newcastle win, despite Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall clearly discussing that thing on the touchline.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4153 on: April 22, 2024, 02:31:38 PM »
Graham Jones ruined him and then snaked him he is now at Newcastle United although Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall are to big time to let him control them. Although I did see him on MOTD trying to take credit for something that resulted in a Newcastle win, despite Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall clearly discussing that thing on the touchline.

He was awful and nearly relegated Luton to league 1 when they were almost ready for the Premier League. At the same time, Moore's last few jobs have been without him which makes you wonder.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4154 on: April 22, 2024, 03:16:16 PM »
He was awful and nearly relegated Luton to league 1 when they were almost ready for the Premier League. At the same time, Moore's last few jobs have been without him which makes you wonder. Oh after he left here he was made Luton manager then it says he left to join Bournemouth
That was Nathan Jones who took Southampton down unless Graham Jones had a period there to. I'm sure Nathan Jones secured Luton he was the manager before Rob Edwards who took them up. But I maybe wrong.  Oh OK after he left us he did take up Luton Manager then left to go to Bournemouth
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 03:18:12 PM by BaggieBoy04 »
Albion Pride Of The Black Country