Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 463008 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1300 on: February 13, 2020, 01:46:47 PM »
:o Oh dear. That’s slightly disconcerting. You must have other things to do than predict what I’m going to post surely. Maybe put the device down and give it a break for a few hours. Have a nap or something.

Predicting something to nobody means nothing.

We won a game by the way - maybe focus on the positivity of a win.
Haha, very good. I wouldn't worry too much about these sorts of comments, which don't carry any weight with most of us. We are top of the league by 6 points and 3 wins on the bounce, yet according to Jacko 5 of our starting 11 are completely rubbish  ;D ;D ;D

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1301 on: February 13, 2020, 02:11:14 PM »
Haha, very good. I wouldn't worry too much about these sorts of comments, which don't carry any weight with most of us. We are top of the league by 6 points and 3 wins on the bounce, yet according to Jacko 5 of our starting 11 are completely rubbish  ;D ;D ;D

Just read the in game comments. Unbelievable comments and there’s barely a positive comment to be seen. Instead of commenting on the shots or good movement or attacking play it’s almost entirely digs at the targeted players constantly for the whole match. Each to their own I guess but I hope they have some happiness in their lives somewhere because it’s certainly not shown on here!

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1302 on: February 13, 2020, 03:27:18 PM »
Any poster suggesting Livermore should be replaced by Brunt or Barry is on a fishing trip. Neither would improve or add anything to the team that isn't already there yet would take away any capability of tackling our opponents, bonkers to even think Barry or Brunt have the energy or legs to play in this fast paced Albion team.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1303 on: February 13, 2020, 03:30:13 PM »
Livermore and Sawyers played really well yesterday. A great team performance, but Krov looked a bit tired understandably.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1304 on: February 13, 2020, 06:30:02 PM »
Livermore and Sawyers played really well yesterday. A great team performance, but Krov looked a bit tired understandably.
Player of the season, inspirational captain, even a loud and proud chant for him last night, after he led the charge . 8 out of 10. 
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1305 on: February 13, 2020, 06:43:51 PM »
Player of the season, inspirational captain, even a loud and proud chant for him last night, after he led the charge . 8 out of 10.

It's been his best season for us but I wouldn't put him down as player of the year. He is getting around the pitch and pressing much better and looks a lot fitter but is clumsy with the ball at his feet. So he's great at putting out fires but also starts a fair few. Brilliant energy and pressing to close them down yesterday to win it back and then a great lung busting run forwards and then he missed a sitter at the end of it all, that kind of sums him up for me.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1306 on: February 13, 2020, 07:31:33 PM »
He’s easily covered the most distance of any player on the pitch the past 2 games, I’ve been critical in the past his footballing skills aren’t the best but you can’t deny the bloke is leader who gives his absolute all every time he steps on the turf.
Sawyers will have covered more ground
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1307 on: February 14, 2020, 12:42:19 AM »
Sawyers will have covered more ground

Only if he played for Leeds  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1308 on: February 14, 2020, 04:09:08 PM »
Someone on Facebook suggested another England call up for Jake. Is it April 1st already?  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1309 on: February 14, 2020, 04:43:12 PM »
Someone on Facebook suggested another England call up for Jake. Is it April 1st already?  :D

Definitely someone has got a bit too excited. He is never and has never been England class.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1310 on: February 14, 2020, 08:22:59 PM »

He was 6/10 tonight, which is one of his better performances.

Predicted you would post something along the lines he was much more than this, and you have.

Right, apologies for the delay in dealing with this due to internet issues but the petty childish digs are getting boring and are not wanted on this forum, this applies to everyone not just you but does include yourself Jacko and the rest can take note, if you want to bicker like playground kids then I suggest Facebook maybe the direction to head to as if it carries on on this forum then the people guilty will be banned, no more warning pms, just a ban, so last chance for all involved to grow up or clear off.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1311 on: February 14, 2020, 09:31:04 PM »
Right, apologies for the delay in dealing with this due to internet issues but the petty childish digs are getting boring and are not wanted on this forum, this applies to everyone not just you but does include yourself Jacko and the rest can take note, if you want to bicker like playground kids then I suggest Facebook maybe the direction to head to as if it carries on on this forum then the people guilty will be banned, no more warning pms, just a ban, so last chance for all involved to grow up or clear off.

Honestly have no idea what this is about? Frazzle said he was great I said he was okay? There is far worse on here every day and absolutely no need to single people out. Plenty of name calling on the Bilić thread for example if that helps?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1312 on: February 14, 2020, 09:39:18 PM »

Honestly have no idea what this is about? Frazzle said he was great I said he was okay? There is far worse on here every day and absolutely no need to single people out. Plenty of name calling on the Bilić thread for example if that helps?

I couldn't care less anymore to be honest, sick of bickering like playground so its there for all, cut it or clear off.

You started that one so as it was you're post then you got mentioned, the opposite happened a couple of weeks ago where others started making digs to you, at the time I posted and said cut it out so now everyone has been told, end of.

Any more replies will be removed, simple.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1313 on: February 14, 2020, 09:41:23 PM »
I couldn't care less anymore to be honest, sick of bickering like playground so its there for all, cut it or clear off.

You started that one so as it was you're post then you got mentioned, the opposite happened a couple of weeks ago where others started making digs to you, at the time I posted and said cut it out so now everyone has been told, end of.

Any more replies will be removed, simple.

Okay mate, thanks for the reply.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1314 on: February 14, 2020, 10:58:00 PM »
Think (well it appears) the lads like him and I do enjoy when he closes down the ball quickly when we lose it. Seems to be a good captain at the moment for our squad?
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1315 on: February 14, 2020, 11:18:25 PM »
I think he's having a cracking season personally. Does the dirty work well, the leg work of two and rallies those around him. The often unseen but essential cog which keeps the wheels around him turning.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1316 on: February 15, 2020, 06:09:18 PM »
Very good again today. Covering every blade of grass and keeping the ball effectively. He's carrying Sawyers at the moment.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1317 on: February 15, 2020, 06:12:45 PM »
Very good again today. Covering every blade of grass and keeping the ball effectively. He's carrying Sawyers at the moment.

Agreed. More in-form of the 2 at the moment.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1318 on: February 15, 2020, 06:18:22 PM »
While this is probably his best season for us, I still make a defensive midfielder one of our main targets if we get promotion (along with striker and goalkeeper). He does well when play is congested and he makes good tackles, plus is a hard enough worker, but too often sides run through our weak middle. I suppose it doesn't help that his partner is Romaine Sawyers who is possibly the worse tackler at the club, but Livermore must also be part of that conversation.

I'd argue it might be down to his lack of real pace as he can't quite cover the defence in the way I want him to. Maybe it's nostalgia but I felt Yacob and Mulumbu both were more involved in games than Livermore is.
Boing Boing

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1319 on: February 15, 2020, 07:37:19 PM »
Never been a massive fan but apart from one poor tackle Today he's been outstanding since Luton , looks fitter this season.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1320 on: February 15, 2020, 08:36:39 PM »
Never been a massive fan but apart from one poor tackle Today he's been outstanding since Luton , looks fitter this season.

One of his best games for us today, he really stepped it up second half. What I couldn't understand is after that shocking challenge first half which he could easily have been sent off for he was giving the Forest player he'd smashed dogs abuse!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1321 on: February 15, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »
While this is probably his best season for us, I still make a defensive midfielder one of our main targets if we get promotion (along with striker and goalkeeper).

You could easily make the argument that of our current team, none of the back four and GK are prem standard, HRK clearly isn't either, so that leaves a handful of attacking midfielders. Just goes to show what an outstanding job Bilic has done so far. I think we have a lot of players who are strong at this level but would struggle in the Prem, Livermore being one of them. But as long as we get up we can at least consolidate with the TV revenue and guaranteed parachute payments if we end up yo-yoing. Our style and squad is similar to Norwich.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1322 on: February 15, 2020, 09:57:51 PM »
You could easily make the argument that of our current team, none of the back four and GK are prem standard,
You may choose to be that negative. I would choose to wait and see, if we make it to the EPL, whether Bilic thinks wholesale replacement is necessary.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1323 on: February 15, 2020, 10:16:54 PM »
You may choose to be that negative. I would choose to wait and see, if we make it to the EPL, whether Bilic thinks wholesale replacement is necessary.
its premature but this will lead us into a discussion about which model to follow, I think the current squad is a Norwich look a like and we know where that will end up ..... 
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1324 on: February 16, 2020, 09:28:37 PM »
Livermore is the touchstone for a lot of issues around this squad. His progress mirrors that of the club. A Pulis era signing who was bought into a very different set up to the one he is in today.

Livermore was always an 8 (Box to Box Midfielder) but started the transition to  the 6 (DM) role too early in his career and when arrived here he was playing in a Double 6 pivot with either Fletcher or Yacob. His passing stats dropped by 5 percentage points on arrival which was indicative of Pulis' style of play rather than any real drop off in form.

His role in taxigate did not endear him to fans and he bulked up to have the necessary physical presence to be a 6. That was hugely detrimental to his career here and was one of the reasons why we were so dysfunctional as a unit when Moore tried to transition the squad to a more expansive style of play. Shan reverted to a more functional style of play and Livermore was more comfortable in it.

All of this makes this season's transformation more impressive. He has by his own omission shed some of his bulk this has made him more mobile and he has reverted back to being a proper 8. Now he can deployed either in a double pivot or further forward alongside another 8. This has been hugely beneficial to the side and given options to Bilic that simply weren't available to some of his predecessors.

Going forward regardless of which division we find ourselves in (I hate a lot of these pre-emptive posts which talk about next season in the Premier League)   Livermore is contracted until 2022 and he is going to be central to Bilic's thinking.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 09:32:26 PM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.